NBA Thread 2020-21 Season | Page 162 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2020-21 Season

Exactly what I would have charged with him.

Kid is looking at real jail time, significant probation and probably a high 4 figure to low 5 figure fine.

Unless the prosecutor is told to just settle it down to simple assault and take the win.
Dangerous weapon is a bit exaggerated. But yeah guys a clown.

Dangerous weapon is a bit exaggerated. But yeah guys a clown.
Why? Had he hit him in the right place, some really serious things could have happened with that from that distance. Eye injury?

I'm guessing this isn't this idiots first experience with the judicial system. He gone. And that's fine.

Why? Had he hit him in the right place, some really serious things could have happened with that from that distance. Eye injury?

I'm guessing this isn't this idiots first experience with the judicial system. He gone. And that's fine.
If I threw a water bottle out in public at someone I wouldn’t be charged with a deadly weapon thing. Dudes being made an example out of given circumstances and I am totally fine with it.

If I threw a water bottle out in public at someone I wouldn’t be charged with a deadly weapon thing. Dudes being made an example out of given circumstances and I am totally fine with it.
If you were throwing the bottle with the intent to do serious bodily harm you would.
Likely though you would be just chucking the bottle with no malice aforethought.
He is being made an example of but he intended to commit bodily harm on a Net likely Kyrie so he is getting the higher charge.

He wasn't. Look at the wording - dangerous weapon.

If you were throwing the bottle with the intent to do serious bodily harm you would.
Likely though you would be just chucking the bottle with no malice aforethought.
He is being made an example of but he intended to commit bodily harm on a Net likely Kyrie so he is getting the higher charge.
Yea fair. Seems Canada has a differentish definition of dangerous weapon which got me confused.

He could have been hit in the eye!!!

Absolutely these fans need a lifetime ban, etc but it was popcorn and a water bottle for Pete’s sake. Used to be batteries.

Just curious: who are the favorite teams of posters in this thread? Figure since it’s an NBA thread might as well share who our NBA teams are.
Screenshot_20210531-143024_Chrome.jpg

He wasn't. Look at the wording - dangerous weapon.
You really ought to read the applicable laws before spouting off nonsense. Here is an article on the MA definition of a assault with a dangerous weapon, which says that "any action that places the person in imminent apprehension of harmful or offensive contact, or any attempt to make harmful or offensive contact with the person constitutes an assault."

Lay persons often confuse assault with battery: (From Westlaw)
In an act of physical violence, assault refers to the act which causes the victim to apprehend imminent physical harm, while battery refers to the actual act causing the physical harm.

Its a solid charge.

Last edited:
E2tx3RKX0AAJiA_
ESPN has become such a joke.

They chopped Durant’s quote in half to make it seem like he was dissing Boston when what he said was fair.

ESPN wants narratives that’s all.
ESPN has been a joke for a long, long time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom