NBA Thread 2020-21 Season | Page 187 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2020-21 Season

Between the way the rule is written and the review process, it's hard on the refs to grant leeway. I don't think the refs were looking to toss Jokic, but he wound up, followed through, hit Cam in the face, got in a scuffle (I know there as a Tech for that and it was outside the Flagrant 2 ruling), but it didn't help his cause.

I think he knew the Nuggets were toast and just got careless and frustrated.

The silver lining is it's the 2nd round and not the conference finals or finals. Also, I can't imagine LeBron or Kawhi getting booted for that in the playoffs.

I dunno, unfortunate, but at least it's a 2nd round game where they were getting swept and not the finals in a deciding game.
I doubt LeBron or Kawhi would pull that move. Eliminate the windup, eliminate the elimination.

Door is opening for the Bucks with Harden and Irving expected out for game 5.

Does anyone actually like Dwight Howard?
No. Nobody.

You ever hear Britton Johnson tell some of his stories about when he was Dwight's teammate on the Magic? They're hilarious.

No. Nobody.

You ever hear Britton Johnson tell some of his stories about when he was Dwight's teammate on the Magic? They're hilarious.
I have not (or do not recall) but am interested to hear...

I have not (or do not recall) but am interested to hear...
Basically Howard's just a weird dude that's got no sense of self-awareness and is just extremely socially awkward. He's gotten away with it though because he's such an extreme outlier as a basketball talent. Johnson would talk about how it was like dealing with a little kid. Howard laughs at a lot of things only he finds funny, does goofy things like does really bad impressions of people around him. Just a guy that due to circumstances in life never really rounded into a fully functional person, but got famous and big money young so never had to grow out of it.b

Basically Howard's just a weird dude that's got no sense of self-awareness and is just extremely socially awkward. He's gotten away with it though because he's such an extreme outlier as a basketball talent. Johnson would talk about how it was like dealing with a little kid. Howard laughs at a lot of things only he finds funny, does goofy things like does really bad impressions of people around him. Just a guy that due to circumstances in life never really rounded into a fully functional person, but got famous and big money young so never had to grow out of it.b
Howard has definitely had/has a reputation as described above. I never heard the Johnson stories.

Howard has definitely had/has a reputation as described above. I never heard the Johnson stories.
He used to do like pre and post game radio for the Jazz.

Was pretty decent, actually. Had some solid insights and a few good stories.

Luka and the Mavs are an interesting case. Going back to their title year, they still need some defensive stoppers and another good penetrator.

Sounds like Harden will be back tonight for Game 5.

That is big. Oddly enough the team that looks the least flawed right now is Phoenix. Everyone else has been ok but not standing out.

No one on the team is off the table in terms of trades, imo. I think this year was a full on bonus and a credit to the players, Thibs, the staff, FO, etc. They maxed out their talent and production. Once ATL got Hunter and Bogie back, we were toast. Would have been toast against any of the other better seeds as well.

Yeah. Certainly in hindsight I agree, it looks kinda obvious.
The thing that gets me; is the first 2 games were really close, 1-1 seemed like a fair result. It wasn't like the Hawks seemed miles ahead of us after the first 2. And then for the final 3 games, they just totally outclassed us.

I think I mentioned this before; I went to all 3 home games. Even though they went 1-2, it was so much fun (especially the first 2, I think we all knew where Game 5 was headed). Really hope they're at least a solid playoff team for the next few years

Sounds like Harden will be back tonight for Game 5.
Bucks should attack him early to see if he can hang, but knowing the way this team operates, that probably won't happen.

It'll be interesting to see how we defend Durant without PJ Tucker since he'll be in foul trouble early.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom