NBA Thread 2020-21 Season | Page 186 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2020-21 Season

Of course it was a flagrant but... come on. Reggie probably rolling in the proverbial grave inside.

Of course it was a flagrant but... come on. Reggie probably rolling in the proverbial grave inside.
I don’t see a flagrant at all.
He knocked the ball out of Payne’s hand and made a little contact with his nose. It was an over reaction.

He swung hard for sure but he knocked the ball out.
The contact with the face was very minor it wasn’t the major result of the swing.

He knocked the ball out of Payne’s hand and made a little contact with his nose. It was an over reaction.

He swung hard for sure but he knocked the ball out.
The contact with the face was very minor it wasn’t the major result of the swing.
It looked bad with the wind up but he really did get the ball and was always aiming for it

League is so soft that what he did is almost always a Flagrant 1, but a Flagrant 2... IN THE PLAYOFFS... League deserves all the mocking they’re receiving on social media right now.

Look, rules should be enforced equally for all. Don’t have an issue from that standpoint whether it was jokic or McGee. But it wasn’t near the level I think of when I hear of a flagrant 2. Then you add in the circumstances and who it was, and it clearly makes it much worse.

I should know the answer to this, didn't follow the NBA for a while, but been back into it past 1-2 years. Why is it that the home teams hardly ever wear a white or home uniform anymore?. Practically every game seems the home team has the darker or "away" jersey on.

I should know the answer to this, didn't follow the NBA for a while, but been back into it past 1-2 years. Why is it that the home teams hardly ever wear a white or home uniform anymore?. Practically every game seems the home team has the darker or "away" jersey on.
Ever since Nike took over making the NBA uniforms, basically all of the rules have been tossed out the window. You’ll even see two teams in dark colored uniforms. Every team seemingly has like 15 different uniforms. I hate it all.

Apparel sales.

The reason why team used to wear a white jersey and a color jersey are games was for black-and-white TVs. It was an archaic reason.

Before the 90s and everyone had color TVs 100% of the time you couldn’t have teams both in colored jerseys. I don’t mind personally teams having three jerseys and mixing up the colors but I do like the tradition of home team is wearing white and road team is wearing the color jerseys.

What Nike has done is they make a different jersey every year for each city as their alternate calling it the city jersey and then teams just wear those jerseys for that season it’s like European soccer where they have an alternate kit that they change every single year. Just to make money.

If teams had just three jerseys where they had the white home the road color and then the alternate third that they rotate it in I don’t think it would be a big deal.

I don’t like the jerseys that don’t have any lettering on the front and it’s just a logo.

Ever since Nike took over making the NBA uniforms, basically all of the rules have been tossed out the window. You’ll even see two teams in dark colored uniforms. Every team seemingly has like 15 different uniforms. I hate it all.
Home
1623692689225.png

Away
1623692715112.png

That's it.

If you do a windup like that it's going to be at minimum a flagrant foul 1 100% of the time.

I really didnt even hate it as a Flagrant 2 that much. It sucks that the MVP got ejected, but don't do the windup and you're fine.

The league doesn't want any hard fouls at all. They'd much rather their players get injured by running them into the ground to try and squeeze as much tv money as they can. You know, the old fashioned way.

Some of them even win coach of the year!

(actually the Knicks were shockingly healthy this season. Until Derrick Rose basically disintegrated in the second half of Game 5)
How are you feeling about your Knicks long-term btw?

It all boils down to does Thibs keep them competitive enough to attract FAs before he blows the legs of the players he will ride all season long and their wear and tear cause them to break down.

Thibs is a good coach but he doesn’t play deep rotations during the regular season and that will catch up after a couple of years.
It works in the short term though.

It all boils down to does Thibs keep them competitive enough to attract FAs before he blows the legs of the players he will ride all season long and their wear and tear cause them to break down.

Thibs is a good coach but he doesn’t play deep rotations during the regular season and that will catch up after a couple of years.
The Knicks definitely seem a lot more legitimate as a franchise after solidly making the playoffs.

Big time shrug. They're certainly in better shape than they've been in a long time. But, especially after how Randle looked in the playoffs, it's not like they have one real stud locked in who they know will be an all star for a while.

Lot of cap space this year, but not a whole lot of places to spend it. It's relatively easy to get the first part of the rebuild right (lose games, weed out bad contracts, draft at least or 1 or 2 solid prospects with your lotto picks) but the second part, converting the cap space/draft picks into stars, is a lot harder. They're def in play to trade for a star if one becomes available. And they usually do

If you do a windup like that it's going to be at minimum a flagrant foul 1 100% of the time.

I really didnt even hate it as a Flagrant 2 that much. It sucks that the MVP got ejected, but don't do the windup and you're fine.

The league doesn't want any hard fouls at all. They'd much rather their players get injured by running them into the ground to try and squeeze as much tv money as they can. You know, the old fashioned way.

Between the way the rule is written and the review process, it's hard on the refs to grant leeway. I don't think the refs were looking to toss Jokic, but he wound up, followed through, hit Cam in the face, got in a scuffle (I know there as a Tech for that and it was outside the Flagrant 2 ruling), but it didn't help his cause.

I think he knew the Nuggets were toast and just got careless and frustrated.

The silver lining is it's the 2nd round and not the conference finals or finals. Also, I can't imagine LeBron or Kawhi getting booted for that in the playoffs.

I dunno, unfortunate, but at least it's a 2nd round game where they were getting swept and not the finals in a deciding game.

Good for making us legitimate. Probably not the guy for the long term when our FO (hopefully) lands a big name or two.

Will enjoy the ride while it lasts, though.

Big time shrug. They're certainly in better shape than they've been in a long time. But, especially after how Randle looked in the playoffs, it's not like they have one real stud locked in who they know will be an all star for a while.

Lot of cap space this year, but not a whole lot of places to spend it. It's relatively easy to get the first part of the rebuild right (lose games, weed out bad contracts, draft at least or 1 or 2 solid prospects with your lotto picks) but the second part, converting the cap space/draft picks into stars, is a lot harder. They're def in play to trade for a star if one becomes available. And they usually do

No one on the team is off the table in terms of trades, imo. I think this year was a full on bonus and a credit to the players, Thibs, the staff, FO, etc. They maxed out their talent and production. Once ATL got Hunter and Bogie back, we were toast. Would have been toast against any of the other better seeds as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom