NBA Thread 2020-21 Season | Page 193 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2020-21 Season

We're facing the possibility that Trae Young will have taken his team further in the playoffs than Luka Doncic.

Edited: I'm dumb, he already has.

We're facing the possibility that Trae Young will take his team to the conference finals before Luka Doncic.

Last edited:
We're facing the possibility that Trae Young will have taken his team further in the playoffs than Luka Doncic.
I absolutely love Trae Young, but in fairness... Trae Young’s team is much better than the trash Luka is surrounded with. Also, he plays in the East. Knicks and Sixers aren’t the Clippers.

I know I have said it several times, but will say it again - Morey should regret making a chicken poop offer at the deadline for Kyle Lowry.

That’s absolutely garbage. Nba has to get it together. I don’t need people body checking players into the stands but come on. Let’s use our damn heads.

That’s absolutely garbage. Nba has to get it together. I don’t need people body checking players into the stands but come on. Let’s use our damn heads.
What happened?

7 morons voted for Butler to be on the first team all-NBA team.
That is insane.
Butler is a good player but Tatum is better.

Butler can’t shoot and I am sorry but he and Paul George who made 3rd team aren’t better forwards than Jayson Tatum.
Tatum is at worst a top 15 player in the league. He honestly is closer to top 10 than than top 15.

Butler is good but Tatum got 4 assist per game and 7 rebounds a game while scoring more.

Those 7 first place votes are just insane for Butler.

Paul George shouldn’t have been above Tatum either.
Tatum will be better than Butler and George, but not right now. Not this season.

Butler and George are better all-around players than Tatum. They’re better defenders and better playmakers. I’m not sure why you would even bring up Tatum’s assists when Butler averages three more assists per game. George averages more assists than Tatum as well. And their teams were better this year.

That’s not to say it isn’t close.

Your beef should be with the way the voting works. Being eligible at multiple positions is dumb and requiring two guards is dumb.

Playoff P, everyone.
Great game he stepped up in a huge way.

Credit to the Clippers. They could have folded. Jazz are on the ropes.

Great game he stepped up in a huge way.

Credit to the Clippers. They could have folded. Jazz are on the ropes.
I really didn’t think they would pull it off. Winning one more is going to be tough.

Jazz looked slow, timid and weak in the second half last night.

Also, Clarkson's shot selection makes Alan Griffin look disciplined, in comparison.

Good for Paul George. He catches a lot of heat in the playoffs, but stepped up big time last night.

Morris and Jackson were also clutch.

Impressive win for the Clippers. They look like they might be turning the corner as a franchise this postseason.

First the fact Jimmy Butler got 9 first team votes is a joke and that impacted him making it at all.
Second the fact voters voted for Tatum at both spots reduced the amount of votes he could get at forward.
Tatum had a better year than Paul George as well and he made 3rd team as well.

Tatum lost serious coin because this process is done in a stupid manner.
I mean, yeah, of course Butler receiving first team votes helped him make it lol. That is pretty nuts though. I can only assume it must have been some of the advanced stats guys; Butler's metrics were through the roof this year.

At any rate, Tatum receiving votes at guard (if he did; we don't actually know the split by position as far as I know) would help. It's not like the NBA says Tatum had 69 points at forward and 65 at guard, and therefore he ended up with just 69 points at forward. They add up the player's total votes and then pretend they all came from the position that they received the most votes in.

Simple fact is that voters could list Tatum at guard or forward and they simply didn't vote for him at either. Even if you removed all of Butler's 1st team votes, and kept Tatum's 1st team votes (which are also ridiculous), Butler still would have made it over Tatum.

I understand the argument that he maybe should have received more votes than Butler, but that's a totally different argument than saying the system itself screwed him, which it didn't.

Also, again, Butler is in the same boat as Tatum where he's listed at both guard and forward. I would bet that Butler received more votes at guard than Tatum did; if anything, Butler's eligibility at guard might have ultimately been the reason he ended up with more votes than Tatum because I think voters were much more likely to treat Butler as a guard than Tatum and guard was the weaker position this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom