NBA Thread 2020-21 Season | Page 192 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2020-21 Season

I'm really not a horrible person. I never thought of the possibility of a season ending injury. I just thought he was banged up and would miss one game. I like Kawhi and everthing he has accomplished. A real hard worker.
You’re still on probation until further notice.

Butler making 3rd team All NBA over Tatum is highly questionable.
I think Butler had the better year when he was on the floor but he also missed a lot of games.

I think voters excused more games than they ordinarily would because pretty much everyone was missing time at some point but I'd have had a hard time giving it to Jimmy too consider he missed like a quarter of the season or more.

I think Butler had the better year when he was on the floor but he also missed a lot of games.

I think voters excused more games than they ordinarily would because pretty much everyone was missing time at some point but I'd have had a hard time giving it to Jimmy too consider he missed like a quarter of the season or more.
Tatum got more votes than Kyrie.

The ballot was stupid and had Tatum listed as a forward AND a guard.

He got screwed because of that. If he was just listed as a forward he would passed Butler and Kyrie.

Butler is not better than Tatum if coaches could pick between the two.

Tatum got more votes than Kyrie.

The ballot was stupid and had Tatum listed as a forward AND a guard.

He got screwed because of that. If he was just listed as a forward he would passed Butler and Kyrie.

Butler is not better than Tatum if coaches could pick between the two.
If he was listed as only a forward, he obviously wouldn’t have made it over Kyrie since Kyrie is a guard. Do we actually know if he even received more votes than Butler overall? I’m guessing he did not. The same thing happened to Middleton a year or two ago where he had more votes than both 3rd team guards but most of his votes were at forward so he didn’t make it.

Edit: Butler was also eligible at guard so he dealt with the same potential issue.

If he was listed as only a forward, he obviously wouldn’t have made it over Kyrie since Kyrie is a guard. Do we actually know if he even received more votes than Butler overall? I’m guessing he did not. The same thing happened to Middleton a year or two ago where he had more votes than both 3rd team guards but most of his votes were at forward so he didn’t make it.
Tatum not making all-NBA saved the Celtics money. So it sucks for him he lost money when he got screwed. It cost him 30 million dollars.

Tatum not making all-NBA saved the Celtics money. So it sucks for him he lost money when he got screwed. It cost him 30 million dollars.
He wasn’t screwed though unless you actually think he should have made it as a guard. If you just think it’s dumb that we have guard and forward designations still, I hear you on that. But him being exclusively eligible for votes at forward would have made no difference since he had fewer votes than the other forwards.

He wasn’t screwed though unless you actually think he should have made it as a guard. If you just think it’s dumb that we have guard and forward designations still, I hear you on that. But him being exclusively eligible for votes at forward would have made no difference since he had fewer votes than the other forwards.
First the fact Jimmy Butler got 9 first team votes is a joke and that impacted him making it at all.
Second the fact voters voted for Tatum at both spots reduced the amount of votes he could get at forward.
Tatum had a better year than Paul George as well and he made 3rd team as well.

Tatum lost serious coin because this process is done in a stupid manner.

First the fact Jimmy Butler got 9 first team votes is a joke and that impacted him making it at all.
Second the fact voters voted for Tatum at both spots reduced the amount of votes he could get at forward.
Tatum had a better year than Paul George as well and he made 3rd team as well.

Tatum lost serious coin because this process is done in a stupid manner.

I am not exactly sure how the voting itself was supposed to work. Butler got more points than Tatum (who did have more than Kyrie). But for instance Embiid had more points than Kawhi Leonard, and was eligible at F and C, but Leonard made first team over Embiid (presumably most of Embiids points came as a C)

Anyway, I think Butler was awesome this year and voting for him over Tatum doesnt really seem that ridiculous to me. Butler did play fewer games, and he didnt score as much, but he scored more efficiently, was a much better passer (he averaged over 7 assists per game!) and is a beast on defense.

(I bet Julius Randle was real happy the voting was done before the playoffs)

I am not exactly sure how the voting itself was supposed to work. Butler got more points than Tatum (who did have more than Kyrie). But for instance Embiid had more points than Kawhi Leonard, and was eligible at F and C, but Leonard made first team over Embiid (presumably most of Embiids points came as a C)

Anyway, I think Butler was awesome this year and voting for him over Tatum doesnt really seem that ridiculous to me. Butler did play fewer games, and he didnt score as much, but he scored more efficiently, was a much better passer (he averaged over 7 assists per game!) and is a beast on defense.

(I bet Julius Randle was real happy the voting was done before the playoffs)
7 morons voted for Butler to be on the first team all-NBA team.
That is insane.
Butler is a good player but Tatum is better.

Butler can’t shoot and I am sorry but he and Paul George who made 3rd team aren’t better forwards than Jayson Tatum.
Tatum is at worst a top 15 player in the league. He honestly is closer to top 10 than than top 15.

Butler is good but Tatum got 4 assist per game and 7 rebounds a game while scoring more.

Those 7 first place votes are just insane for Butler.

Paul George shouldn’t have been above Tatum either.

Screenshot_20210616-203219~2.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom