NBA Thread 2020-21 Season | Page 201 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2020-21 Season

The Suns are great. Loved them since I was 6 years old. The days of Truck Robinson, Walter Davis, and Johnny High!! It's been a tough time being a fan of this franchise in the last 10 years but stuck with them as I am such a hardcore fan.

Crossed the border last week to go watch a game in Phoenix, and pummeled some pencilneck geek Nuggets fan to show my support.
Just assumed that was Tom Chambers who pummeled that Nuggets fan? No?

I legitimately was a fan of the Suns in the mid 2000's however. Watched quite a few of their games due to the Steve Nash / Canadian factor -- and the fact that Nash and the Suns of that era were a damn exciting item. They just never could get over the hump and were hosed by the Robert Horry hip check on Nash.

I also cheered hard for the Suns in the 1993? NBA Finals (may be off a year) because I did not like the Bulls and Jordan at the time.

I legitimately was a fan of the Suns in the mid 2000's however. Watched quite a few of their games due to the Steve Nash / Canadian factor -- and the fact that Nash and the Suns of that era were a damn exciting item. They just never could get over the hump and were hosed by the Robert Horry hip check on Nash.

I also cheered hard for the Suns in the 1993? NBA Finals (may be off a year) because I did not like the Bulls and Jordan at the time.

To have the Suns and Bucks, two primarily traditionally built teams in the finals would be great and refreshing.

Would have been better to get the Jazz in the mix as another in that category.

One guy I don't want to see win is Blake Griffin.

Signing with a superteam as a Free Agent is perfectly fine with me. (i.e what Durant has done)

But I can't stand players who purposely crap the bed with teams in order to be bought out (and also players who force trades to superteams)
Is it?

I rooted for the 93 Suns in that series. Barkley was the 2nd best player, KJ was one of the best PG’s, and Richard Dumas had one of the all time great one year wonder seasons, only to unfortunately succumb to drug problems.

So you are a Raptors, Jazz and Suns fan? Interesting combo.

With the Nets loss last night Kyrie Irving continued his legacy when he has played of being eliminated in the 2nd round of the playoffs against the Bucks.
The Nets were the only team I couldn’t tolerate winning this season.

Hoping for a Hawks-Suns Finals though.

2-2 game in OT, 4 minutes in. Pretty exciting despite the lack of scoring.
If you want to talk about lack of scoring how about Nets bench scores zero points total. Only three bench guys play for a total of 19 minutes with ZERO shot attempts in a game that went 53 minutes. Could you imagine this forum if that happened in a Boeheim led game. Of course we never had Durant or Harden on our roster.

If you want to talk about lack of scoring how about Nets bench scores zero points total. Only three bench guys play for a total of 19 minutes with ZERO shot attempts in a game that went 53 minutes. Could you imagine this forum if that happened in a Boeheim led game. Of course we never had Durant or Harden on our roster.
If we had actual superstars in Durant and Harden of course you ride them in a game 7 in the playoffs.

Brooklyn wouldn’t have done this in a January regular season game against the Orlando Magic.
Your context completely ignored that.
Of course you play a short rotation in the playoffs and don’t sit great players if they don’t need rest in those games. But imagine the uproar.

Connaughton hit some big shots off the bench for the Bucks tonight, but he was the only bench player from either team to attempt a shot lol

Catching up, few thoughts from the past few days:

- Rudy Gobert can win a million DPOYs, it won't matter. 1) His defense isn't the most valuable for where the league is right now, 2) that man can't make a small lineup pay on the offensive end for how much he makes? 3) They were hunting him. I get no FA is coming to Utah, so you have to roll with what you got, but Utah is in a tough spot with him. Lot of regular season wins will come their way, though.

- Kudos to the Clips and Ty Lue. I'm still rooting for them and rooting that Kawhi can come back. With CP3 out in game 1, they have to try to get that game. Paul George coming through.

- Brookyln probably cruises to the title if all their guys were healthy. Maybe even if it were just Harden and Durant, even. If they run it back, they have to be the favorites barring any other major changes in the league.

- I'm fine if the Bucks or Philly win the title, but both those teams' offenses are tough to watch. For Philly, I'm not sure where you rank Simmons in terms of value for your team in these playoffs. For the Bucks, I didn't want to jump on the "slam Coach Bud" bandwagon, but I think this team can go up a level with a better coaching mind on the sidelines.

- As much as I hated Trae against my Knicks, that dude can flat out ball. Without Hunter and a dinged up Bogie, they really are capped, but wouldn't surprise me if they got game 7.

- My favorite player on PHX is probably Ayton. Glad to see him coming along.

- Re-stating my top five from when I wrote it about a month ago (in some order): Bron, Steph, KD (those three are locks until there is a substantial drop off: top three player all time, best shooter all time, best scorer all time) and then Kawhi and Luka. Nothing in these playoffs has made he come off that feeling.

- I don't mind any team that is left winning the title. Good stories all around.

- Even though it won't happen, I'm rooting for Luka and then Zion to decline any max extensions, get to FA more quickly and come to the Knicks. Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk on "things that will never happen, but would be cool if they did". Neither of those guys are turning down $200M, but I would wager on Zion to at least think about it.

-

It's cool that there's so few players left in this postseason that have already won a title. It's basically Kawhi and a couple role players at this point. Giannis, CP3, Paul George, Embiid, and Trae...would be a pretty awesome moment for any of those guys to win it and we're guaranteed to see one of them do it.

Catching up, few thoughts from the past few days:

- Rudy Gobert can win a million DPOYs, it won't matter. 1) His defense isn't the most valuable for where the league is right now, 2) that man can't make a small lineup pay on the offensive end for how much he makes? 3) They were hunting him. I get no FA is coming to Utah, so you have to roll with what you got, but Utah is in a tough spot with him. Lot of regular season wins will come their way, though.

- Kudos to the Clips and Ty Lue. I'm still rooting for them and rooting that Kawhi can come back. With CP3 out in game 1, they have to try to get that game. Paul George coming through.

- Brookyln probably cruises to the title if all their guys were healthy. Maybe even if it were just Harden and Durant, even. If they run it back, they have to be the favorites barring any other major changes in the league.

- I'm fine if the Bucks or Philly win the title, but both those teams' offenses are tough to watch. For Philly, I'm not sure where you rank Simmons in terms of value for your team in these playoffs. For the Bucks, I didn't want to jump on the "slam Coach Bud" bandwagon, but I think this team can go up a level with a better coaching mind on the sidelines.

- As much as I hated Trae against my Knicks, that dude can flat out ball. Without Hunter and a dinged up Bogie, they really are capped, but wouldn't surprise me if they got game 7.

- My favorite player on PHX is probably Ayton. Glad to see him coming along.

- Re-stating my top five from when I wrote it about a month ago (in some order): Bron, Steph, KD (those three are locks until there is a substantial drop off: top three player all time, best shooter all time, best scorer all time) and then Kawhi and Luka. Nothing in these playoffs has made he come off that feeling.

- I don't mind any team that is left winning the title. Good stories all around.

- Even though it won't happen, I'm rooting for Luka and then Zion to decline any max extensions, get to FA more quickly and come to the Knicks. Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk on "things that will never happen, but would be cool if they did". Neither of those guys are turning down $200M, but I would wager on Zion to at least think about it.

-
The cost to Luka would be huge, given the NY/Texas income tax (about $3M year @ $40M a year.)

#1. The key word was "superteam".
#2. He didn't leave to join a better team.
He most certainly did. And that’s why Ibaka joined him a year later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom