NBA Thread 2020-21 Season | Page 202 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2020-21 Season

The cost to Luka would be huge, given the NY/Texas income tax (about $3M year @ $40M a year.)
He would more than make up for it in NYC. That’s if he even cares to. We’re talking generational wealth regardless of the tax hit.

No matter, as soon as the Mavs put a piece paper saying they’ll pay him over $200M it will be moot. No one has ever turned down the max extension on a rookie deal.

He most certainly did. And that’s why Ibaka joined him a year later.

For any superstar that wants to go to LA, as long as Kawhi is there, it’s going to be appealing. You don’t need to deal with the hurricane that comes with playing along LeBron.

Hitting on the Terrance Mann pick is gigantic for a team that gave up a bunch of picks.

LOL. It’s OK. One day you’ll get over it and appreciate what you had when you had it.

#1. I certainly did appreciate what I had and appreciated his professionalism and champion play as a Raptor. Something you never have been able to. See point #3 and #4

#2. Regarding the superteam point. It's not the same because Durant actually did join a superteam. Kawhi did not.
- Lebron, Wade, Bosh are a superteam (They won a title)
- Curry, Thompson, Durant are a superteam (they won a title)
- Lebron and Davis teaming up is a superteam. (and winning a title)
- Durant, Harden, and Irving is a superteam
- Kawhi teaming up with George is a very good team. But not more than that. Harrell, Lou Williams, and Beverley were not enough to put him over the top, and its going to be hard for them to get any better due to lack of trade resources, but they should steadily be a contender for a while

#3. Regarding your point that Kawhi joined a better team.
- Has he won a title with the Clippers? Did he win a title with the Raptors. Sort of hard to claim with a straight face that the Clippers were the better on the court team for him to join when he won a title with one team and did not close come in 2020 with the other and who knows about 2021.
- The Raptors went 53-19 without him, 17-5 with him (when he did not play). They would be a very good team with him -- but not a superteam either.
- The Kawhi Clippers have never been as good this. Obviously they are better than a Raptors team without Kawhi, but they were not the "better" team for him to select if the wanted to win.

#3a) He wanted go to to Caliornia and Uncle Dennis wanted his Ballmer payoffs. So he left and good for him on that since that is what he wanted -- over time I have learned to accept that. But he did not go to the better on the floor situation.

#4. Regarding your point that Ibaka leaving and somehow that proved that the Clippers were the better team when Kawhi was making his choice in the summer of 2019.
- Of course the Clippers were better contenders in 2020/2021 season. They had Kawhi. But that does nothing to prove that a Kawhi Clippers is better than a Kawhi Raptors entering the 2019/2020 season. It just shows that Kawhi is a difference maker and people will follow him.
- Also you decide to overlook many of the details on the Ibaka signing. The Raptors offered him 1/12 -- he was insulted by that and I can understand why. He wanted a multi year guarantee. But the Raptors wanted to save cap space to take a calculated gamble on Giannis.
- I also have 0% anger with Ibaka joining the Clippers. You have insinuated that a number of times in your attempts to troll and agitate because that is what you love to do. I never bit on it because I really like and respect Ibaka and totally understand why he left due to money and wanting to win.

So basically none of your recent 10 word posts are correct. But this is a win in your book because you are a person whose main goal is to post 2 or 3 sentences max, and to agitate, irritate and troll. And you got me to bite again. Congratulations.

I can go off the rails, which I wish I did not do. But at least I am known around here for being able to provide content (NCAA Tournament) which I am glad to provide. You are known for agitating.

Last edited:

I don’t think I flipped my opinion on anyone as I have California Bill Simmons.

I don’t think I flipped my opinion on anyone as I have California Bill Simmons.
Remember when he was actually funny? The incompetent gm meeting piece is one of the funniest things ever.

He would more than make up for it in NYC. That’s if he even cares to. We’re talking generational wealth regardless of the tax hit.

No matter, as soon as the Mavs put a piece paper saying they’ll pay him over $200M it will be moot. No one has ever turned down the max extension on a rookie deal.
He will make far more commercially internationally, so NY or Big D doesn’t matter

I just rewatched the Cuse/Maryland highlights from 2017. Kevin Huerters shooting was totally insane.

Huerter is going to make a great coach someday

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom