NBA Thread 2020-21 Season | Page 211 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2020-21 Season

Pretty funny that he got popped for MJ possession in Texas. Thought they were all about getting the government out of people's private lives...
Well that's only for the rich and white folk hobbies. Rollin' fatties does not fit in with that so go directly to jail, do not collect $200.

I mean, it's where he lived for his entire life prior to the NBA. My guess is that he was visiting family/friends.
Had absolutely 0 clue that he was actually born and raised in CS. Basically the NBA version of Justin Herbert.

Wasn’t impressed with Cade during the tournament. I’m leaning bust
I don't think he's as good as others do, but I think he's still the best choice in the draft and a good prospect. I think a pretty realistic outcome for him would be a Khris Middleton-level player, which is pretty damn good and he could potentially be better than that depending on how he develops. Wings just don't generally come around with his size and overall skillset.

I agree he wasn't as good as advertised in college IMO, but to his credit, he was still very very good and that team was atrocious.

I don't think he's as good as others do, but I think he's still the best choice in the draft and a good prospect. I think a pretty realistic outcome for him would be a Khris Middleton-level player, which is pretty damn good and he could potentially be better than that depending on how he develops. Wings just don't generally come around with his size and overall skillset.

I agree he wasn't as good as advertised in college IMO, but to his credit, he was still very very good and that team was atrocious.

Detroit is likely going to be bad again next year. Cade is a great piece. They have a few pieces to build on.

He will be able to hit threes, be a really solid PG, they have a second ball handler in Killian which every team needs. Just need to see if that kid has the ability to really stick in the league.

They still have a rough few years ahead of them, but this is a good start.

Very Playoff P esque. This has been his best run in the playoffs he's ever had and he still has had typical Playoff P moments.

Yeah, I think you can win with him being your second guy. His highs put him right up there with the best, but his lows just hit too low.

Kudos to his play, though. He's been much better than most expected.

Clips need Kawhi back. If not, it'll be a wrap once CP3 gets back (and I'm rooting for the Clips).

The 2018 Draft Class is really something with Luka, Trae and Ayton. Luka is a lock to be HoF barring switching jobs to become a fisherman, Trae is tracking that way and Ayton will at least be a very solid player. Obviously a few others that are very solid in that class as well.

Feel awful for PG. He’s been playing so well, and got two big buckets late, only to miss those two free throws and have everyone go back to clowning him.

I genuinely like the guy, and the way he plays.
Yeah, I like him even more than Leonard. With his issues with anxiety, I hope the missed free throws don’t stick with him.

People still clowning on him at this point…Says a lot more about them than it does PG.

Yeah, I think you can win with him being your second guy. His highs put him right up there with the best, but his lows just hit too low.

Clips need Kawhi back. If not, it'll be a wrap once CP3 gets back (and I'm rooting for the Clips).

The 2018 Draft Class is really something with Luka, Trae and Ayton. Luka is a lock to be HoF barring switching jobs to become a fisherman, Trae is tracking that way and Ayton will at least be a very solid player. Obviously a few others that are very solid in that class as well.
2018 will be one of the best ever. And if you go a bit deeper in the class you see some really solid starters, including Porter, SGA, Sexton. Each will be an all star at some point imo especially SGA. And plenty of other guys high in their team's rotations.

Very Playoff P esque. This has been his best run in the playoffs he's ever had and he still has had typical Playoff P moments.
Heading into the WCF, he was averaging 29/9/5. Only four players have done that in the postseason (minimum of 12 games played). So if those numbers hold up, he’ll join this group:

Oscar Robertson
Larry Bird
LeBron James
Kawhi Leonard

Detroit is likely going to be bad again next year. Cade is a great piece. They have a few pieces to build on.

He will be able to hit threes, be a really solid PG, they have a second ball handler in Killian which every team needs. Just need to see if that kid has the ability to really stick in the league.

They still have a rough few years ahead of them, but this is a good start.
He’s kinda in the same boat as Lonzo was for me where I’m not really sure I want Cade to be my PG. Both Lonzo at UCLA and Cade struggled being able to take guys 1 on 1. I have more faith in Cade ultimately becoming a good lead ball handler than I did with Lonzo but I wouldn’t be entirely surprised if he’s better suited as a secondary ball handler that can hit tough shots and make the right pass when the defense is off balance. Cade obviously projects much better as a shooter than Lonzo did though and has more positional flexibility.

Idk, maybe he’ll look a lot better when he’s surrounded by NBA talent but his creation skills and passing skills didn’t really impress me after hearing him compared to Luka all the time. Good versatile building block for sure though.

Honestly, with the way Payne is playing, Paul’s presence will have more to do with intangibles than production.

Honestly, with the way Payne is playing, Paul’s presence will have more to do with intangibles than production.

I expect Cam Payne to come back to Earth. I think CP3 would be too much to overcome, imo.

Kawhi comes back, totally different ball game, obviously.

I expect Cam Payne to come back to Earth. I think CP3 would be too much to overcome, imo.

Kawhi comes back, totally different ball game, obviously.
Oh yeah, Payne will absolutely come back to Earth. I expect Paul to be back for Game 3, though. It’s been about a week, right?

Oh yeah, Payne will absolutely come back to Earth. I expect Paul to be back for Game 3, though. It’s been about a week, right?
Still in disbelief that was the same Cam Payne who was on the Bulls a few seasons ago.

Believe so.

Heading into the WCF, he was averaging 29/9/5. Only four players have done that in the postseason (minimum of 12 games played). So if those numbers hold up, he’ll join this group:

Oscar Robertson
Larry Bird
LeBron James
Kawhi Leonard

I don't think you can really compare offensive stats of today's NBA with those that played even 10 years ago let alone Bird and Robinson. It's definitely been his best run as a professional in the playoffs the past 2-3 weeks. He's been great but sill missed two huge free throws last night and wasn't very good as a whole. he has a long history of coming up extremely small in big moments the last 10 years with regard to the playoffs. That would be putting in nicely. No disputing that. He also the one that coined the phrase "playoff p" nobody else. He's brought some of it on himself. he refers to his season at OKC as his "MVP season". He finished 3rd.

Last edited:
I don't think you can really compare offensive stats of today's NBA with those that played even 10 years ago let alone Bird and Robinson. It's definitely been his best run as a professional in the playoffs the past 2-3 weeks. He's been great but sill missed two huge free throws last night and wasn't very good as a whole. he has a long history of coming up extremely small in big moments the last 10 years with regard to the playoffs. That would be putting in nicely. No disputing that. He also the one that coined the phrase "playoff p" nobody else. He's brought some of it on himself. he refers to his season at OKC as his "MVP season". He finished 3rd.

I keep forgetting this. That is amazing.

We’re still talking about four players in the history of the NBA. It’s exclusive company no matter how you want to look at it. LBJ has done it seven times, so basically PG is playing at that level this postseason.

His perceived playoff reputation really isn’t close to reality. He did not play well for OKC, but he was playing hurt. Aside from that, he wasn’t great last year, although half of those games he played pretty well. I don’t recall anything from his time with the Pacers.

So he said some stupid things. He paid the price for it last year and redeemed him self this year (regular season and playoffs). People need to get over it and move on.

We’re still talking about four players in the history of the NBA. It’s exclusive company no matter how you want to look at it. LBJ has done it seven times, so basically PG is playing at that level this postseason.

His perceived playoff reputation really isn’t close to reality. He did not play well for OKC, but he was playing hurt. Aside from that, he wasn’t great last year, although half of those games he played pretty well. I don’t recall anything from his time with the Pacers.

So he said some stupid things. He paid the price for it last year and redeemed him self this year (regular season and playoffs). People need to get over it and move on.
It's completely unfair, but I think Paul George is just one of those dudes that's fun to make fun of.

It's like the opposite of the people that have "it."

It kills me when you head down the late lotto

9) Knicks- Kevin Knox
10) Mikael Bridges
11) SGA
12) Miles Bridges
13) Jerome Robinson
14) Michael Porter Jr

4 of the 5 picks directly after Knox are solid players. (at worst)

Still have Divincenzo, Lonny Walker, Kevin Huerter, timelord. Lot of solid guys

Unless there's an injury that I'm not aware of, I absolutely love the Hawks +8 tonight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom