NBA Thread 2020-21 Season | Page 218 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2020-21 Season

Another weird one; I had this vague memory of the Knicks getting knocked out of the ECF in 2000 and then watching some of the Blazers-Lakers WCF later that night, which is weird, because when was the last time we had conf finals on the same day?

Anyway, yup, ECF Game 6 was on 6/2, and so was WCF game 6.

Another weird one; I had this vague memory of the Knicks getting knocked out of the ECF in 2000 and then watching some of the Blazers-Lakers WCF later that night, which is weird, because when was the last time we had conf finals on the same day?

And the same game # too

It was!

Are you pulling these game times from somewhere? Basketball reference doesnt seem to have them

Just from memory. I was 14 and my family was visiting one of my Mom's HS friends and her family that Sunday afternoon. I remember coming inside from the pool every so often to check the score and it wasn't good.

That was a Friday night double header. Lakers got destroyed in Portland. The epic Game 7 comeback vs. the Blazers was Sunday late afternoon.

John Hollinger reporting that:
  1. Detroit likes Jalen Green a lot and may take him #1.
  2. Golden State will reportedly shop their pick (duh) and Hollinger says to keep an eye on Siakam as their target (which doesn't make much sense from Toronto's perspective IMO).

If Detroit likes Green they will try and trade down from 1 and get an extra asset from Houston or Cleveland.

No way Cunningham isn’t the first pick.
This could be like Boston-Philadelphia trading spots in the 2017 draft.

Is there even a book or is it just his goofy bourbon?
Perhaps he’s sampling the product too much?

I don’t know...I know the guy has had a rough go of it personally in recent years, and I know he rightfully didn’t care for his portrayal in “The Last Dance”, but IMO being above it all and taking the high road and letting your accomplishments carry the weight and speak for themselves is the way to go.

If Detroit likes Green they will try and trade down from 1 and get an extra asset from Houston or Cleveland.

No way Cunningham isn’t the first pick.
This could be like Boston-Philadelphia trading spots in the 2017 draft.
Hollinger specifically said they have "minimal" interest in trading down

Smokescreen?

If there's a consensus #1, and you have the first pick and like someone better, don't you have to shop your pick?

Smokescreen?

If there's a consensus #1, and you have the first pick and like someone better, don't you have to shop your pick?
Yeah, seems really odd to me, though if we do take the Green interest at face value, he could easily go #2 so they can't really trade down unless they just want to flip the #1 for #2.

I literally just found out Lisa from Fresh Prince of Bel Air is now the First Lady of the Boston Celtics.
She is married to the new HC Ime Udoka.
That is pretty cool.
I never understood the fascination the general population, not necessarily you, have with famous people, especially Hollywood. In a totally unrelated comment, Allison Mack, from Smallville, will be sentenced this week for her role in the NXIAM cult regarding sexual abuse and other things. Yes she helped the prosecution but hopefully she has to serve at least five years of real jail time. Then, I wonder, upon her release, if her fans will wait in lines for her autograph at Comic Con.

It makes no sense to leak the info you like Green more than Cunningham and then say you have no interest in trading down , unless you think the rockets or Cavs really want green over Cunningham… and you don’t …

Yeah, seems really odd to me, though if we do take the Green interest at face value, he could easily go #2 so they can't really trade down unless they just want to flip the #1 for #2.
I mean Detroit could likely get an asset from Houston or Cleveland if they know who Houston prefers at 2.
This leak could be to see if Houston really likes Green at 2 or if they are leaning Suggs and that would allow Detroit move down to 3 and get there guy.

Ainge doesn’t move from 1 to 3 unless the Lakers and Magic tipped off their pick to the media that they were taking Lonzo Ball 2nd overall and that was that.
That allowed Ainge to trade down to 3 and get who he says he would have taken first if he didn’t move down in Tatum.

It's a pretty ugly article and Lindsey did a great job but there was definitely a disconnect as there are between a lot of long standing coaches and GM's that only go so far in the playoffs. Think about Cashman and Girardi. Eventually one moves on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom