NBA Thread 2020-21 Season | Page 217 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2020-21 Season

LMAO “you’re the worst defending big man in the history of basketball other than Brook Lopez.” -Barkley to Shaq

I thought the Magic were playing. LOL!!!

Same thing I said and then had to Google and see that back in the 70s the Bucks did have Blue jerseys in the rotation for a few years. Different shade but they had them. Still looks unnatural

Bogdanovich is having the Hawks equivalent of the John Starks game

What type Of package could the Knicks offer for Lilllard.
They have all of their own first round picks plus two Dallas Mavs picks, and as far as players/matching salaries go: Randle, Barrett, Robinson, Quickley, and Knox/Toppin as cap filler/buy low prospects.

The Knicks are probably only a match if Portland decides to blow the whole thing up since the Knicks can offer a lot of picks.

I laugh at the notion the Lakers could get Lillard. They literally don’t have trade able Draft picks because of the Anthony Davis trade. Plus they don’t have the young players and the money they would trade isn’t appealing.

Lillard will go to New York, Philadelphia or Golden State

I laugh at the notion the Lakers could get Lillard. They literally don’t have trade able Draft picks because of the Anthony Davis trade. Plus they don’t have the young players and the money they would trade isn’t appealing.

Lillard will go to New York, Philadelphia or Golden State
Yeah I don't think the Lakers is a realistic option. Maybe I'll be shocked, but I just don't see it. I expect New York and Philly to aggressively pursue him (and they can both make a tempting offer depending on what Portland wants).

I'm not sure about Golden State yet; it would be a lot of fun seeing a Dame/Steph backcourt but man, the defense between those two would be picked to death. I'm also just curious how much the rest of the league values what the Warriors can offer. I personally wouldn't have interest in Wiseman and certainly not Wiggins and the picks alone aren't nearly enough.

I'm sure Miami will try to get involved but Duncan is a free agent so that'll complicate things a bit, Herro regressed this season, they don't have many picks to offer...I don't see how they pull it off without including Butler/Bam and they'll obviously try as hard as possible to avoid including either of them.

The Clippers will probably try if they get bounced but it would almost certainly cost them PG13.

I expect Milwaukee to be leaked as a team that Lillard is interested in (1) because these guys always like to include one small market team to try to make themselves look good and (2) because he and Giannis have talked about teaming up in the past. But realistically, a Bucks package would have to include probably both Middleton and Jrue? I don't think the Bucks or Blazers would go for it.

With Lillard under contract for so much longer already, I think some other teams that won't be on his list could sniff around and see if they can make something happen. Minnesota, Chicago, Toronto, etc.

Edit: I would also add New Orleans to that wildcard category at the end.

Last edited:
I miss back in the day when conference finals and finals games were on weekend afternoons at like 2 or 3 pm.

I have this memory of the Knicks playing games on Memorial day afternoon. it was great

Wonder the last NBA finals game with an afternoon start. I vividly remember game 1 of the 91 finals was a day game, but I'm gonna assume there was one after to that

Yeah I don't think the Lakers is a realistic option. Maybe I'll be shocked, but I just don't see it. I expect New York and Philly to aggressively pursue him (and they can both make a tempting offer depending on what Portland wants).

I'm not sure about Golden State yet; it would be a lot of fun seeing a Dame/Steph backcourt but man, the defense between those two would be picked to death. I'm also just curious how much the rest of the league values what the Warriors can offer. I personally wouldn't have interest in Wiseman and certainly not Wiggins and the picks alone aren't nearly enough.

I'm sure Miami will try to get involved but Duncan is a free agent so that'll complicate things a bit, Herro regressed this season, they don't have many picks to offer...I don't see how they pull it off without including Butler/Bam and they'll obviously try as hard as possible to avoid including either of them.

The Clippers will probably try if they get bounced but it would almost certainly cost them PG13.

I expect Milwaukee to be leaked as a team that Lillard is interested in (1) because these guys always like to include one small market team to try to make themselves look good and (2) because he and Giannis have talked about teaming up in the past. But realistically, a Bucks package would have to include probably both Middleton and Jrue? I don't think the Bucks or Blazers would go for it.

With Lillard under contract for so much longer already, I think some other teams that won't be on his list could sniff around and see if they can make something happen. Minnesota, Chicago, Toronto, etc.

Edit: I would also add New Orleans to that wildcard category at the end.
Yeah if Dame really is available I think the list of teams willing to get really creative is pretty long.

I have this memory of the Knicks playing games on Memorial day afternoon. it was great

Wonder the last NBA finals game with an afternoon start. I vividly remember game 1 of the 91 finals was a day game, but I'm gonna assume there was one after to that
One of the Knicks/Rockets Finals games was in the afternoon and they cut away for the OJ chase. I don't really remember any afternoon Finals games after the mid-90s off the top of my head.

One of the Knicks/Rockets Finals games was in the afternoon and they cut away for the OJ chase. I don't really remember any afternoon Finals games after the mid-90s off the top of my head.
Actually the 30 for 30 June 17th 1994 covered that entire day and game 5 of the Finals was at night.

The last Finals game played in the afternoon was referenced it was game 1 of the 1991 Finals between the Lakers and Bulls.

NBC used to always have a conference Finals afternoon game on Memorial Day Monday.
I remember the Bulls-Pacers game 4 from 1998 on that day when Reggie Miller hit than insane 3 to win the game after the Bulls gagged some FTs to ice the game.

Actually the 30 for 30 June 17th 1994 covered that entire day and game 5 of the Finals was at night.

The last Finals game played in the afternoon was referenced it was game 1 of the 1991 Finals between the Lakers and Bulls.
I was thinking that the Bronco chase was in the daytime, but that makes sense because it was three hours behind.

Nailed it!

I remember being at a sleepover with a bunch of friends the night of Game 5/OJ chase. The stuff we remember...

NBC used to always have a conference Finals afternoon game on Memorial Day Monday.
I remember the Bulls-Pacers game 4 from 1998 on that day when Reggie Miller hit than insane 3 to win the game after the Bulls gagged some FTs to ice the game.

Remember that one as well. I am pretty sure Game 1 the next year, 99 conf finals, Knicks-Indy was an afternoon game as well

Nailed it!

I remember being at a sleepover with a bunch of friends the night of Game 5/OJ chase. The stuff we remember...

Remember that one as well. I am pretty sure Game 1 the next year, 99 conf finals, Knicks-Indy was an afternoon game as well
The Larry Johnson 4 point play game 3 winner was a Saturday afternoon game as well.

I literally just found out Lisa from Fresh Prince of Bel Air is now the First Lady of the Boston Celtics.
She is married to the new HC Ime Udoka.
That is pretty cool.

The Larry Johnson 4 point play game 3 winner was a Saturday afternoon game as well.

Oh yeah, absolutely can't believe I forgot that one. Before I look it up,I want to say it was a Saturday afternoon game. Which you never see

Pretty sure Game 4 was also on Sunday afternoon

It was!

Are you pulling these game times from somewhere? Basketball reference doesnt seem to have them

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom