NBA Thread 2020-21 Season | Page 216 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2020-21 Season

the whole goal of bball is to not foul and play D to stop a team from scoring.. the reward for committing intentional fouls in that spot is pretty huge.. you could of course change the rule so that fouls on non-shooting stuff at the end of games has some different bias to the teams getting fouled.

I mean some things you could do is dont allow them in the back court without a penalty of some kind. add shots once you commit more than 1-2. anything but turn it into a reward for fouling like it is now. make it real severe if you want.. shots and the ball.

I miss back in the day when conference finals and finals games were on weekend afternoons at like 2 or 3 pm.

And on NBC with the most Iconic NBA theme and the best that was ever made. Kudos to Fox doing it for cbb but still- miss that tune and the NBC broadcast

It’s hard to find a way to justify it, but as a b-ball fan I hate the foul them on the floor when you’re up by 3 late, strategy.

I wish there was a way to discourage it. Maybe call it intentional...since it obviously is an intentional foul, and give them 2 shots and the ball?
Kinda similar just from a “this isn’t very fun” mindset, I hate that the NBA allows teams to intentionally foul when the other team has an easy fast break bucket. I think they handle it differently overseas if I remember right but I don’t know the exact rule.

It’s a valid strategy right now…why give up an easy dunk that could pump up the crowd when you can just stop the game and force them to score in the half court instead? But it’s just a lame tactic.

Kinda similar just from a “this isn’t very fun” mindset, I hate the NBA allows teams to intentionally foul when the other team has an easy fast break bucket. I think they handle it differently overseas if I remember right but I don’t know the exact rule.

It’s a valid strategy right now…why give up an easy dunk that could pump up the crowd when you can just stop the game and force them to score in the half court instead? But it’s just a lame tactic.

Yep. That said its not just the NBA. In Soccer you foul and can get a yellow sometimes for doing so just to stop a break and it happens all the time. No different than in the NFL and a Corner holding the receiver vs getting PI if he can. So while I agree it's fairly common and quite frankly I feel should have more consequences in all sports. The NFL holding should be 15 yds and Soccer should be an automatic yellow.

Kinda similar just from a “this isn’t very fun” mindset, I hate that the NBA allows teams to intentionally foul when the other team has an easy fast break bucket. I think they handle it differently overseas if I remember right but I don’t know the exact rule.

Agreed.

Plus nobody hits the offensive boards, so fast breaks are tough to come by. And I don’t blame them. But as a b-ball fan, it makes it less fun to watch. Transition b-ball will always top half court b-ball for excitement.

Jim Boeheim uses the foul up 3 strategy.
So I got no problem with it.

If you have gotten ahead at the end do whatever helps you win.
Making FTs isn’t a lock either.
Paul George showed that.
The plucky Clippers could never get over the hump with awful offense so they did it to themselves.

if clippers had just tried to make all the FTs they might have had a better result.. Paul even missed one late. i get it down with 1-2 secs left but with 7-10 just make them.

I miss back in the day when conference finals and finals games were on weekend afternoons at like 2 or 3 pm.

The first NBA Finals game that NBC aired in 1991 was on a Sunday afternoon. The only game the Lakers won in that gentleman's sweep by the Bulls.

Last night also showed why post play matter just a little.
If you can post up then jump shots aren’t the only way to score.
It doesn’t even have to be just big guys who can post.
LeBron learned how to do it.
So did Kobe, Jordan, Payton type of guards.

It’s just completely neglected in today’s game.

if clippers had just tried to make all the FTs they might have had a better result.. Paul even missed one late. i get it down with 1-2 secs left but with 7-10 just make them.
They didn’t have any timeouts and the Suns are the best FT shooting team in the playoffs. Playing the percentages, it was probably their best shot for George and Cousins to intentionally miss.

More importantly, they just needed to make shots, especially in the 4th. They were down one for most of the quarter and had multiple opportunities to take the lead. Some were good looks, some not. It’s pretty clear they’re gassed.

Lillard’s mouthpiece Chris Haynes reporting that Lillard may request a trade after fans got mad at him for his team hiring the coach that he wanted who is an alleged rapist.

Lillard’s mouthpiece Chris Haynes reporting that Lillard may request a trade after fans got mad at him for his team hiring the coach that he wanted who is an alleged rapist.
Pick 7/ Pick 14/ more future picks and swaps/Andruw Wiggins/ Kelly Oubre/ James Wiseman for Dame Lillard.

What team can realistically beat that.
Outside of Denver doing Murray and Porter Jr. which they won’t do.

Why does it take security so long to respond to all these NBA fan brawls?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom