NBA Thread 2020-21 Season | Page 239 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2020-21 Season

What was Chris Paul doing on that play? He was never going to stop giannis so he should have been contesting the pass.

Didnt like booker driving in so deep and getting stripped. Lane was too crowded
Awful plays by both of them. You can’t drive into the whole defense and turn it over there. And zero reason for a foul, you’re still only down 3 after the dunk. Suns had them on the ropes and were about to steal it, and then that happens.

Great game! Holiday is a menace on defense.

What was Chris Paul doing on that play? He was never going to stop giannis so he should have been contesting the pass.

Didnt like booker driving in so deep and getting stripped. Lane was too crowded
Paul should have fouled Holiday ASAP. Brain fart by him.

Holiday has been unbelievable on defense this whole series. On the play where he stripped Booker, Booker was coming down and he had Tucker on him and I'm thinking to myself "this is a good matchup for Booker, he doesnt have Jrue on him" and then Holiday makes that play

I feel like that alley oop was the single biggest play in the NBA since the Lebron 2016 block.

The steal and the alley oop. It's like Willie May's catch - it was the catch and the throw, not just the catch.

You got it.

Assuming this does end with Lillard requesting a trade, I have to imagine the coaching thing didn't really make a difference; he's just been thinking more about the situation in Portland since the season ended and decided he thinks it's time to move on.
So he failed and now wants out because he’s not good enough to win by himself .. where have I heard this before ? NBA players have the pride of a cuck

Holiday has been unbelievable on defense this whole series. On the play where he stripped Booker, Booker was coming down and he had Tucker on him and I'm thinking to myself "this is a good matchup for Booker, he doesnt have Jrue on him" and then Holiday makes that play
It was a literal wall of Antetokounmpo and Tucker .. then booker turns back and presented the ball right to Jrue .. it was a fine defensive play by Jrue but the team D aspect that allowed it to occur is being completely ignored

I know nobody ever calls free throw lane violations, but the one at the end of the game last night was nuts. Devin Booker nearly fouled Middleton as he was sealing the game with his last free throw because they were so nervous about another offensive rebound

I know nobody ever calls free throw lane violations, but the one at the end of the game last night was nuts. Devin Booker nearly fouled Middleton as he was sealing the game with his last free throw because they were so nervous about another offensive rebound

If he missed that FT, they would've had to call that one. I think??

Great stat by Van Gundy (assuming it's true); there hasn't been an offensive 3 second call since June 1, and a defensive 3 second call since June 14

Obviously, it worked out great for Milwaukee, but when you think about it that decision to throw the alley-oop was just insane by Holliday. If the ball flies out of bounds, the Suns have the ball down 1 with 10 seconds left. If Giannis gets fouled and doesn't finish, you know he isn't making both FTs. The rational decision is to just hold the ball and wait to get fouled. But I suppose there is no human that has ever existed that is more capable of completing that play than Giannis.

Obviously, it worked out great for Milwaukee, but when you think about it that decision to throw the alley-oop was just insane by Holliday. If the ball flies out of bounds, the Suns have the ball down 1 with 10 seconds left. If Giannis gets fouled and doesn't finish, you know he isn't making both FTs. The rational decision is to just hold the ball and wait to get fouled. But I suppose there is no human that has ever existed that is more capable of completing that play than Giannis.
It was a little risky but with the way the Bucks were shooting at the line, I don’t really blame them for trying to take the two points. Should have been a pretty easy alley oop anyways. It only looked tough because Paul tried to take Giannis’ legs out.

Also, the push on that alley oop is another in a long line of dirty plays throughout CP3’s career. Lucky he didn’t get called for a flagrant on that.
Giannis’ push in the back on the Booker dunk early on was dirty as well. But yeah, that was a bad play by cp3

If someone told me before the game that the Suns would shoot 55% from the field, 68% from three and 91% from the line and Paul had an 11 to 1 assist/turnover ratio I would have put my 401K on them winning.

If someone told me before the game that the Suns would shoot 55% from the field, 68% from three and 91% from the line and Paul had an 11 to 1 assist/turnover ratio I would have put my 401K on them winning.

That assist to turnover ratio seems a bit misleading. I did not think he played as well as the stats suggested. Milwaukee basically won because Holiday won that matchup.

Giannis’ push in the back on the Booker dunk early on was dirty as well. But yeah, that was a bad play by cp3
That was wild. It was like when he got pissed at Mike Dunleavy punching MCW in the face many years ago except Giannis wasn't out of control angry in the Booker situation. Idk what that was about but that was definitely bad too.

Some thoughts:

CP3 has been and always will be a dirty player. It's easy to overlook, but his track record is LONG. He's not the only dirty player, but he is up there for dirtiest player that is also a star. He's a first ballot HOFer, though.

Book is putting up legit numbers, but he's starting to get tunnel vision. This stat is pretty indicative of that (below). This is the type of play that looks good, but gets you games where you score 70 and still lose. I get that he's a star and he's made some huge shots, but the more that the others are standing around, the better for the Bucks.

Overall, the Suns have been so dangerous because Johnson, Bridges, Ayton et al could really get after it besides Book and CP3.

Giannis may have issues with FTs and his three point shot, but there is no one remotely close to his level in this series. If the Bucks win the title and he gets FMVP, it's time to start talking where he's going to be all time on the PF list and overall list. The block, that dunk on the oop, the tip back after his missed FT and putting up insane stats. Dude is incredible.

The Jrue Holiday signing not only got Giannis to re-sign, but while he's inconsistent on O, he is a machine on defense. He straight up had a few plays where he just treated guys like they were a little brother.

Middleton always hits like 3-4 shots a game where the defender is in his shirt.

When the Suns go into their screening action and I see Book or CP3 end up with Giannis on them after Jrue started on them, I'm not sure what they are supposed to do.

Series obviously isn't over, but it feels like the Bucks have somewhat figured out the Suns and I have to give credit to Bud. Dude was probably one game away from being unemployed and now he's one game away from a chip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom