NBA Thread 2020-21 Season | Page 238 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2020-21 Season

Who is this guy?

I'll wait til it's coming from Haynes, Woj, or Shams but obviously wouldn't be super surprising news.

With his contract being another 3 or 4 years, I think it's prime for a dark horse candidate to swoop in but we'll see.

See other tweet I posted.

He’s a rapper that has his own apparel company.

I would say my guess at likely destinations are:

Tier 1: Knicks/76ers - Dame would probably be happy going to either and they can both make a compelling offer

Tier 2: Clippers/Warriors - Dame would probably be happy going there and they can make a decent offer but I'm not really confident they will.

Tier 3: Toronto/New Orleans/Minnesota/Chicago - Wildcards that won't be on his list of destinations but can make a strong offer and might be inclined to do so.

Tier 4: Miami/Milwaukee/Lakers - He'd be happy going there but they can't/won't make a super competitive offer IMO.

So help me understand the Lillard stuff.

Everybody wanted a coaching change.

Lillard said who he wanted in the pool to be hired.

They hired a coach from that pool.

There was some backlash on the hire.

Lillard wants out?

Last edited:

Lillard said who he wanted the pool to be hire.

Lillard wants out?
You got it.

Assuming this does end with Lillard requesting a trade, I have to imagine the coaching thing didn't really make a difference; he's just been thinking more about the situation in Portland since the season ended and decided he thinks it's time to move on.

You got it.

Assuming this does end with Lillard requesting a trade, I have to imagine the coaching thing didn't really make a difference; he's just been thinking more about the situation in Portland since the season ended and decided he thinks it's time to move on.
Ok, so it as weird as it seems.

Lillard said who he wanted in the pool to be hired.

Lillard wants out?
Didn’t the fans turn on him a bit as well, since Billups is his guy and they don’t like Billups?

If you believe Lillard (who knows) he says he didnt know about the accusations about Billups before he publicly supported him. So I'm not sure he necessarily supported him after they became public.

I think the bottom line is he's wanted a trade since the season ended (if not earlier, probably way earlier really) and all the other stuff was just noise.

The best offer has to be from Golden State. Wiseman, Wiggins, 7 and 14. That is super tough to beat.

I guess the Knicks can throw in some decent pieces and picks, but you aren't getting anything back like GSW can offer.

Philly can offer what? Simmons, Maxey, Thybulle, picks?

I have no idea what the Lakers can do that would be appealing.

It has to be difficult in that the best offer can come from a team in conference that has just won three titles.

The best offer has to be from Golden State. Wiseman, Wiggins, 7 and 14. That is super tough to beat.

I guess the Knicks can throw in some decent pieces and picks, but you aren't getting anything back like GSW can offer.

It has to be difficult in that the best offer can come from a team in conference that has just won three titles.
I think New Orleans might be able and willing to make the strongest offer since they could offer Ingram and roughly 30 first round picks lol.

If I had to put money on it though, it’ll be Philly or the Knicks (if he’s traded at all, which he’s saying himself he has no intention of).

One big thing the Knicks could offer is to take Lillard into cap space and not have to send huge salary (like Wiggins) back and save Portland a ton of money.

I think this is fair and I agree that Milwaukee won't get as favorable a whistle in Phoenix. That's usually how this works.
There is a reason all the home teams have been at least four point favorites thru game 5. For the Bucks to win tonight they have to win 5 vs 8.

Hadn’t realized how soft Ayton was before this series. He was afraid to post up Holiday there. And he rarely dunks hard. Phoenix needs much more from him

I feel like that alley oop was the single biggest play in the NBA since the Lebron 2016 block.
What was Chris Paul doing on that play? He was never going to stop giannis so he should have been contesting the pass.

Didnt like booker driving in so deep and getting stripped. Lane was too crowded

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom