NBA Thread 2020-21 Season | Page 245 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2020-21 Season

Looked back at the 2013 draft this morning. Freak and Gobert are the only 2 stars in that class. MCW may have the 3rd best career out of that draft class.
I love the guy to bits but MCW is nowhere near the 3rd best in that draft class unless you think that weak ROTY award outweighs players' entire careers.

Just at a quick glance, guys that have undoubtedly been better players thus far:
  • Victor Oladipo
  • Otto Porter
  • Kenatavious Caldwell-Pope
  • CJ McCollum
  • Steven Adams
  • Dennis Schroder
  • Tim Hardaway Jr.

Looked back at the 2013 draft this morning. Freak and Gobert are the only 2 stars in that class. MCW may have the 3rd best career out of that draft class.

CJ McCollum
Steven Adams
Oladipo
Otto Porter
KCP
Dennis Scrhoder
Tim Hardaway

I mean those are the guys off the top of my head...

Last edited:
Congrats to the Bucks and their fans on winning the title.

Hell of a run for the Suns this year. Never seen a franchise skip all the “progression” dev lopment steps and reach the final like that. From.never being .500 to the finals in one year.

Also congrats to the pesky Clippers. Finally making the conference finals. What an accomplishment. It was unfortunate to see them come up short.

Also congrats to Darryl Morey on trading for George Hill and not offering anything for Kyle Lowry. Hill was amazing.

If you told me before the game that PJ Tucker, Pat C. and Jrue Holliday would combine to go 4-24 from the field, I would have thought the Suns win by 10+.

It's great to see a small-market organically drafted team win it all. That was the best NBA playoffs in recent memory. I thought the Bucks were done after they lost Game 2 by like 40 points to the Nets.

If you told me before the game that PJ Tucker, Pat C. and Jrue Holliday would combine to go 4-24 from the field, I would have thought the Suns win by 10+.

It's great to see a small-market organically drafted team win it all. That was the best NBA playoffs in recent memory. I thought the Bucks were done after they lost Game 2 by like 40 points to the Nets.
Kyrie’s ankle changed the Nets-Bucks series.

Lol. He's the 3rd best player picked between 10 and 12. Come on now.

8 days away from the draft and 12 days away from Free Agency.
I saw the draft date on the TV schedule last night during the game and I was like "Oh wow the draft is only a month away!" and then I realized we're in July already. Crazy that the draft is upon us already. Hopefully the Bucks can get a contributor at #31.

Kyrie’s ankle changed the Nets-Bucks series.

Or Harden's hamstring

I saw the draft date on the TV schedule last night during the game and I was like "Oh wow the draft is only a month away!" and then I realized we're in July already. Crazy that the draft is upon us already. Hopefully the Bucks can get a contributor at #31.

I was just thinking today how different the NFL and NBA are in this respect; the NBA draft is usually around a week or two after the end of the season. The NFL draft is like 2 and a half months after the Super Bowl

Question for thread: right now at this moment in time, who are the five best NBA players in order?

1. Durant
2. Giannis
3. LeBron
4. Embiid
5. Jokic

Going to be controversial here, but based on this year alone I have:

Giannis
Durant
Curry
Jokic
Embiid

Hurt or not, the Lebron we saw after he was injured was not one of the 5 best and based on age it’s fair to wonder if he will ever get back there.

Question for thread: right now at this moment in time, who are the five best NBA players in order?

When fully healthy and not asking who I want if I'm starting a team right now and need them for 10 years:
Bron
KD
Steph
Kawhi
Giannis

BTW, that five for me is pretty locked now. Bron is a top three guy all time, KD is the best scorer of all time, Steph is the best shooter of all time, Kawhi is arguably the best two-way wing of all time, Giannis is a freak.

Next five:
Luka
Harden
Jokic
Embiid
Dame or AD

I want to be clear, my list basically drops after Harden. I do not put Jokic/Embiid/AD/Dame in the Luka/Harden grouping. If I had to group, I would bump those two up a level and start the next tier with Jokic.

Anyone want to make a way too early guess at the Finals next year?

Any takers on Brooklyn rolling?
Lakers bounce back?
Dubs come out like gang busters?

Right now, I'm on record as saying that a healthy Brooklyn team would have rolled in these playoffs to the tune of something like 16-3. If they are healthy next year, it's over, barring a massive trade like Dame going to Dubs or Philly.

Anyone want to make a way too early guess at the Finals next year?

Any takers on Brooklyn rolling?
Lakers bounce back?
Dubs come out like gang busters?

Right now, I'm on record as saying that a healthy Brooklyn team would have rolled in these playoffs to the tune of something like 16-3. If they are healthy next year, it's over, barring a massive trade like Dame going to Dubs or Philly.
Early betting odds for next year.

Brooklyn Nets+200
Los Angeles Lakers+525
Milwaukee Bucks+900
Golden State Warriors+1200
Phoenix Suns+1300
Utah Jazz+1400
Philadelphia 76ers+1600
Los Angeles Clippers+2000
Denver Nuggets+2000
Dallas Mavericks+2800
Atlanta Hawks+3500
Miami Heat+3500
Boston Celtics+5000
Portland Trail Blazers+5000
New Orleans Pelicans+8000
Toronto Raptors+8000
Chicago Bulls+10000
Charlotte Hornets+10000
Memphis Grizzlies+10000
New York Knicks+10000
Indiana Pacers+10000
Washington Wizards+15000
Minnesota Timberwolves+25000
San Antonio Spurs+25000
Sacramento Kings+25000
Detroit Pistons+50000
Cleveland Cavaliers+50000
Houston Rockets+50000
Oklahoma City Thunder+50000
Orlando Magic+50000

Assuming full health?

Durant
Giannis
LeBron
Curry
Davis/Kawhi

Davis and Kawhi lose value because of injury history, but assuming full health I take them over Jokic and Embiid for defensive/versatility purposes. I know Embiid is a horse at what he does on defense, but think Davis is more versatile and ultimately valuable on that end. And Kawhi really doesn’t have a weakness...if he’s healthy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom