Minnesota Timberwolves+25000
San Antonio Spurs+25000
Sacramento Kings+25000
Detroit Pistons+50000
Cleveland Cavaliers+50000
Houston Rockets+50000
Oklahoma City Thunder+50000
Orlando Magic+50000

Seems about right. I will say, I am excited for the Detroit Pistons if they draft Cade. I will watch that team, I think they can be fun. But I think Brooklyn walks if they stay healthy.

I am going to assume Kawhi misses all of next season so difficult to include him in the top 5.

Seems like more superstar players are affected by injury now than ever.
Jeez...I honestly forgot about that. Wasnt even considering that in my rankings. But yeah. Hopefully, like Durant, he comes back as basically the same player.

As for up and comers, Luka and Trae Young are going to deservedly get the hype as being potential elite top 5 guys.

As for less obvious ones...I don’t know about top 5, but I still think Brandon Ingram has another level to him.

And I’m highly intrigued by LaMelo Ball’s potential.

Early betting odds for next year.

Brooklyn Nets+200
Los Angeles Lakers+525
Milwaukee Bucks+900
Golden State Warriors+1200
Phoenix Suns+1300
Utah Jazz+1400
Philadelphia 76ers+1600
Los Angeles Clippers+2000
Denver Nuggets+2000
Dallas Mavericks+2800
Atlanta Hawks+3500
Miami Heat+3500
Boston Celtics+5000
Portland Trail Blazers+5000
New Orleans Pelicans+8000
Toronto Raptors+8000
Chicago Bulls+10000
Charlotte Hornets+10000
Memphis Grizzlies+10000
New York Knicks+10000
Indiana Pacers+10000
Washington Wizards+15000
Minnesota Timberwolves+25000
San Antonio Spurs+25000
Sacramento Kings+25000
Detroit Pistons+50000
Cleveland Cavaliers+50000
Houston Rockets+50000
Oklahoma City Thunder+50000
Orlando Magic+50000
Who’s getting Dame?

Would obviously love him on the Knicks, but I think it would be great if he ended up in somewhere like Philly.

Who’s getting Dame?

Would obviously love him on the Knicks, but I think it would be great if he ended up in somewhere like Philly.

I still think the Dubs are a scary threat to land him. I can't imagine that Portland would trade him within the WC, but they can offer such a good package that I think it may have to be done.

I still think the Dubs are a scary threat to land him. I can't imagine that Portland would trade him within the WC, but they can offer such a good package that I think it may have to be done.

They have 7 and 14?

Portland could get guys like Bouknight and Duarte.

Question for thread: right now at this moment in time, who are the five best NBA players in order?
I'm excluding Kawhi because I want to try to make this exercise at least a little easier on myself and it seems like he might miss the majority of next season.

1. Durant
2. Giannis
3. Steph
4. Harden
5. Embiid

I'm not really married to 3-5. I think for now I have Durant and Giannis locked in as the top 2. It's hard for me to split the hairs between Steph, Harden, Embiid, Jokic, Luka, and LeBron. I think you can reasonably include any of those guys.

Who’s getting Dame?

I'll still believe Dame is traded when it happens. I think he stays at least another year or two if not longer.

But if he were to be traded, I think Philly and New York are the most likely destinations. And I'd probably only rank them as like the 5th most likely, but I really think New Orleans should be all over Dame if he's available and I think they can make the winning offer for him.

I'll still believe Dame is traded when it happens. I think he stays at least another year or two if not longer.

But if he were to be traded, I think Philly and New York are the most likely destinations. And I'd probably only rank them as like the 5th most likely, but I really think New Orleans should be all over Dame if he's available and I think they can make the winning offer for him.
I'm pretty torn on what I'd be comfortable giving up for him. Every package has to start with Ingram. Imagine you then have to add in one of Alexander-Walker or Kira Lewis. 10th pick this year. At least another future 1st. Obviously not a crazy high price to pay but Dame is an undersized guard with a ton of mileage that turned 31 last week. Zion turned 21 2 weeks ago. That timeline does not match. Ingram's still 23 and seems to get a little better each year. They were dogshit on defense this year with Stan there so adding in Dame certainly does not help there.

It would certainly accelerate them into being a playoff team next year and help in locking in Zion long-term. I like it but don't love it. Feel like the outcome ends up being they are battling in that 5-8 range in the Western Conference for 2 years and then the wheels fall off for Dame and they are on the treadmill of mediocrity and Zion wants out.

Current issues are trying to figure out how to keep Lonzo and Hart and dump Bledsoe on someone. Griffin deserves a kick in the balls for dealing for Adams and then giving him an extension for no apparent reason.

Question for thread: right now at this moment in time, who are the five best NBA players in order?
I posted this on June 5th in this thread. This is based on any number of factors or characteristics, and some will prioritize certain things more than others— offensive game, defensive game, playmaking, durability, efficiency, consistency, overall impact, etc.

Alright folks. My top 10. This is impossible lol.

1. Giannis- Combination of offensive and defensive impact puts him at #1 for me. Yes the shooting still limits him, but he does enough elsewhere to take the top spot for me. A win over the Nets will be huge too.

2. Durant- Unfortunately injuries have really taken him off the court a lot the last couple of seasons but when he's playing he is truly imo the best offensive player in the game (look at the efficiency numbers), and underrated on defense.

3. Jokic- Not known for his defense, but his playmaking ability really shined this year especially with Murray out. Incredibly unique talent, and he is quite durable.

4. Curry- I certainly have some bias here, but his season this year was at least top 2 in his career. Unbelievable efficiency (seriously, it's insane) and still leading the league in scoring while clearly the focal point of defenses. Again not known for his defense, but what he does on the offensive end is worthy of a top spot.

5. James- Not the same after the ankle injury and the Davis injury messed up the entire team chemistry imo, but still doing things at his age we've all clearly taken for granted over the years. Plus he saw 3 rims and shot at the middle one for a game winner (hehe).

6. Kawhi- Like Giannis, a great two way player, who already has rings. We will see if he can lead the Clippers to round 2 after that amazing game 6 performance.

7. Embiid- Career year. Another great 2 way player. Gets dinged up a lot, but he's certainly one of the top unstoppable players when he really commits to it (i.e. not settling, and posting up).

8. Luka- Another ridiculous offensive talent. He has the ability to get his shot, but would like the %s to improve a bit. Perennial MVP candidate very soon.

9. Harden- A historically great offensive player. Having him this low is more of a personal preference for me. I also think he's not nearly as bad on d as many claim. He's been great this year on the Nets in more of a playmaking role.

10. Lillard- Certainly a lot of news around him right now with his historic 2OT performance and the coaching drama in Portland. To this point has not had any notable postseason success, but winning is tough against other elite players. Again not known for defense but probably neck and neck with Steph for the ability to win games making long unguardable shots.

I'm pretty torn on what I'd be comfortable giving up for him. Every package has to start with Ingram. Imagine you then have to add in one of Alexander-Walker or Kira Lewis. 10th pick this year. At least another future 1st. Obviously not a crazy high price to pay but Dame is an undersized guard with a ton of mileage that turned 31 last week. Zion turned 21 2 weeks ago. That timeline does not match. Ingram's still 23 and seems to get a little better each year. They were dogshit on defense this year with Stan there so adding in Dame certainly does not help there.

It would certainly accelerate them into being a playoff team next year and help in locking in Zion long-term. I like it but don't love it. Feel like the outcome ends up being they are battling in that 5-8 range in the Western Conference for 2 years and then the wheels fall off for Dame and they are on the treadmill of mediocrity and Zion wants out.

Current issues are trying to figure out how to keep Lonzo and Hart and dump Bledsoe on someone. Griffin deserves a kick in the balls for dealing for Adams and then giving him an extension for no apparent reason.
To me, Zion is ready to go right now and you don't know how long his body will hold up, so I'd be trying to win now if it's me and obviously Dame would be a huge upgrade from that sense. I'm not entirely convinced Ingram and Zion are a good fit together, so I'd be willing to build the trade package around him, but I know that'll be painful. At the end of the day, they have enough young prospects and picks out their butt to make a strong offer IMO, and if you suddenly have a duo of Dame and Zion, the rest becomes so much easier, even if New Orleans isn't considered to be the type of market players are dying to play in.

To me, Zion is ready to go right now and you don't know how long his body will hold up, so I'd be trying to win now if it's me and obviously Dame would be a huge upgrade from that sense. I'm not entirely convinced Ingram and Zion are a good fit together, so I'd be willing to build the trade package around him, but I know that'll be painful. At the end of the day, they have enough young prospects and picks out their butt to make a strong offer IMO, and if you suddenly have a duo of Dame and Zion, the rest becomes so much easier, even if New Orleans isn't considered to be the type of market players are dying to play in.

Zion already seems like he is agitating his way out of there, so I think NO is going to be very motivated to make a big move to appease him

two 40 pt games, one 50 pt game, two 20 pt quarters (first time ever, I believe).

Dude is a beast.

What were the most slam-dunk easy Finals MVPs? Because this one was way up there.

Probably most of the Lebron ones? Jordan. I remember 2015 was maybe one of the more heated ones.

I love that Hubie Brown voted Van Vleet Finals MVP in 2019 over Kawhi.

Probably most of the Lebron ones? Jordan. I remember 2015 was maybe one of the more heated ones.

I love that Hubie Brown voted Van Vleet Finals MVP in 2019 over Kawhi.

I was thinking most, if not all of MJs. Bron 2016 or does Kyrie being able to get 40 make it just a bit not super slam dunk?

Shaq 00? Duncan 03?

I think there's a good chance a lot of the teams in the West take steps back next season.

That's it. That's all I've got right now.

I was thinking most, if not all of MJs. Bron 2016 or does Kyrie being able to get 40 make it just a bit not super slam dunk?

Shaq 00? Duncan 03?

It seems to me most of the time it's pretty easy, right?

Lebron was unanimous in 2016, Kyrie did hit the series winning shot, but...it's Lebron. I dont remember 07 all that well, but Tony Parker winning; not sure that ages so well.

Shaq 00? Duncan 03?
That Duncan one has to be #1. I say that without looking at anyone else but I remember vividly that he averaged like 24/17/5/5 while his best teammate in the series shot like 35% from the field.

Portis was giving me some Artest vibes
Middleton was rightfully infuriated with him for getting T’ed up there. Sure if it’s the regular season whatever but when you’re like 5 minutes from bringing your city it’s first title in decades.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom