NBA Thread 2020-21 Season | Page 247 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2020-21 Season

Still amazed that it was Ron that saved the team after Kobe's 6-24 night

Middleton was rightfully infuriated with him for getting T’ed up there. Sure if it’s the regular season whatever but when you’re like 5 minutes from bringing your city it’s first title in decades.
Yeah. At the same time, those are the types of things that I hate seeing guys get T'd up for. He wasn't getting in a ref's face, taunting another player, etc. He literally just ran down the court in disbelief during a dead ball situation. Just silly theatrics.

It was also kinda funny that Booker ended up doing the same thing a minute or two later and the refs didn't care about it at that point.

Still amazed that it was Ron that saved the team after Kobe's 6-24 night

Was this the time when after the game he mentioned he was dropping a song he wrote called Champions?

Yeah. At the same time, those are the types of things that I hate seeing guys get T'd up for. He wasn't getting in a ref's face, taunting another player, etc. He literally just ran down the court in disbelief during a dead ball situation. Just silly theatrics.
I'm generally of the belief that a game should be officiated the exact same way whether its the first minute of a preseason game or the last minute of a Finals game. I hate when people say "you can't call that foul in that situation."

But, for the reasons you said, I also was hoping the ref would just let that go. I'm glad the free throw was missed.

He complains after every call against him. If he didn't give the refs that incredibly whiny mug all the time, he might get away with something like that.
Are you talking about Portis or Booker?

My kids still think Portis is awesome because he put up 38 and was better than Embiid or Simmons in a game we were at a few years ago.
Everyone should think he's awesome. He's such a character and in a mostly harmless way.

The thing about the Mirotic deal is it seems like everyone takes Bobby's side. So Mirotic must've dropped the N word or something

I think so
I remember this because it was the rare time I heard some Jim Rome afterwards. He had a great bit about how Arrest didn't give enough detail, didn't tell people where it was going to drop so they could download and give a listen, and should have talked about his musical inspirations and stuff.

So DeRozan (from Compton, went to USC, and willing to take less) and Lowry (Lakers tried to trade for him, but he remains interested in joining) are interested in joining the Lakers.

Same with Dinwiddie who declined his player option.

So DeRozan (from Compton, went to USC, and willing to take less) and Lowry (Lakers tried to trade for him, but he remains interested in joining) are interested in joining the Lakers.

Same with Dinwiddie who declined his player option.
Not gonna matter. LeBron gonna decline fast and AD will break down again.

I still expect him to re-sign with the Clippers -- with the latest injury the max seems to make sense.
But according to Stein it is not a certainty.

Last edited:
Marcus Smart, Robert Williams, Aaron Nesmith, Romeo Langford, 2022 1st rd pick, 2024 1st rd pick, for Brad Beal, Gafford.

Is the deal being discussed.
That seems like an overpay for Boston.

Marcus Smart, Robert Williams, Aaron Nesmith, Romeo Langford, 2022 1st rd pick, 2024 1st rd pick, for Brad Beal, Gafford.

I’d rather keep Robert Williams

Think that's light if anything. None of those guys are blue chippers, nor are the picks. It's understandable that Boston wouldn't want to trade Jaylen, but anything that doesn't include him is going to be a relatively weak trade package IMO. Maybe Boston lucks out and Washington accepts it anyways; they aren't exactly the best front office around. But I think you'll have a hard time finding any Wizards fan that gets excited about a package that's centered around Marcus Smart.

Beal and Tatum went to the same HS. I wonder how many times that’s happened, with two starters on one NBA team.

(I know they didn’t play at Chaminade at the same time. David Lee went there as well.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom