NBA Thread 2020-21 Season | Page 248 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2020-21 Season

Marcus Smart, Robert Williams, Aaron Nesmith, Romeo Langford, 2022 1st rd pick, 2024 1st rd pick, for Brad Beal, Gafford.

Is the deal being discussed.
That seems like an overpay for Boston.

Do it.

I can't believe you'd even get Gafford.

Take that every day and twice on Sunday. Your window is now, pull the trigger.

You just need to find a way to get the ball to move, though. Otherwise you're going to have three guys that are going to go: iso, iso, iso.

I'm guessing Memphis REALLY likes someone that should be available at the 10 spot.

I cannot believe Griffin got off Adams and Bled.

I like JV with Zion more so than Adams (even if the D gets worse).
It’s a steal for NO bigtime. They shed some really bad contracts to just move down a little and give up a late 20’s 2022 pick.

It’s a steal for NO bigtime. They shed some really bad contracts to just move down a little and give up a late 20’s 2022 pick.

Yep, agree. Adams and Bled off the books is huge. The pick change isn't terrible.

Should be better for Zion and that's all that matters right now.

That deal clears off $21m this year and another $22m guaranteed next year. Absolute no brainer. Adams deal was Griffin's fault for giving him an extension for no damn reason but was a sunk cost.

Fun trade right there. I feel like Bledsoe and Adams could both pretty easily rebound a bit next season and Memphis could definitely use the defense those two provide in the very least. Gets them into the top 10 as well where they could theoretically get whoever slides in the draft, be it Kuminga, Sengun, etc.

For New Orleans, opens up the cap space to pursue Kyle Lowry if they so choose while also potentially keeping Josh Hart in the fold. Not to mention Valanciunas is simply a good player, albeit one that can sometimes be played off the court in the playoffs. His shooting ability at the C position is obviously very important next to Zion as well.

Edit: Apparently the buzz around the league is that Memphis wants to draft Josh Giddey at #10. I'm not a fan personally. Would be a pretty disappointing outcome for them if he ends up being the pick IMO.

Kinda feel like the Pels gonna make a run at Lowry now
Would be interesting but would hate to lose Lonzo for 2 years of Lowry's likely downfall. Could potentially be worth it though if it makes them better immediately(for Zion happiness) and they can still re-sign Hart and Lowry can help tutor Alexander-Walker and Kira Lewis.

Kevin O'Connor reporting that Memphis is trying to move up from #10 to get Kuminga or Bouknight.

They can like Wagner all they want, but that pick doesn't really make sense IMO with Jaren Jackson already there. Would mostly say the same about Giddey too, but he's at least super young and they could use a playmaker even if I don't really think he's the guy he's made out to be. Kinda similar to Lonzo Ball when he came out of college where you love Giddey's passing ability, but his ball-handling and shot mechanics are so rough he might not be able to create in the NBA unless he's just attacking closeouts. That could theoretically work with Ja as the main ball-handler there, but teams will likely be playing way off of Giddey to clog Ja's driving lanes.

Kuminga and Bouknight at least make sense from a playstyle/fit POV, though I personally would want no part of Kuminga.

Curious to see if Bledsoe ends up getting bought out of that deal. That's a lot of money to pay a backup guard and you aren't going to play him and Ja together. The fact that his 2nd year is pretty much non-guaranteed should help them to come to an agreement on a buyout if they don't find another trade for him.

I'd gladly take him back in Milwaukee on a cheap deal.

Curious to see if Bledsoe ends up getting bought out of that deal. That's a lot of money to pay a backup guard and you aren't going to play him and Ja together. The fact that his 2nd year is pretty much non-guaranteed should help them to come to an agreement on a buyout if they don't find another trade for him.

Why would he want to go back to the Bucks and play second fiddle to Jrue? I’d be happy see him in purple and gold. Adams too.

Think that's light if anything. None of those guys are blue chippers, nor are the picks. It's understandable that Boston wouldn't want to trade Jaylen, but anything that doesn't include him is going to be a relatively weak trade package IMO. Maybe Boston lucks out and Washington accepts it anyways; they aren't exactly the best front office around. But I think you'll have a hard time finding any Wizards fan that gets excited about a package that's centered around Marcus Smart.
Celtics still want the world to think Langford matters. That looks like a fantasy fball trade where one team clears their bench to get a star and all the other league owners call him a moron.

Would be interesting but would hate to lose Lonzo for 2 years of Lowry's likely downfall. Could potentially be worth it though if it makes them better immediately(for Zion happiness) and they can still re-sign Hart and Lowry can help tutor Alexander-Walker and Kira Lewis.

Yeah that is what I'm thinking; Zion is putting a some heat on them and I could see them thinking Lowry helps more with that.

I wouldn't mind either guy on the Knicks. Lonzo or Lowry I mean. Zion would be pretty cool also

Why would he want to go back to the Bucks and play second fiddle to Jrue? I’d be happy see him in purple and gold. Adams too.
He's probably going to play second fiddle wherever he goes unless he wants to go somewhere like the Knicks to be their lead ball handler. Not sure how many teams out there still view him as that type of guy. At any rate, I know he and the Bucks players liked each other a lot and I'm sure he'd love to win a title and would view the Bucks as offering that opportunity.

OKC offered SGA and 6th for the 1st, and Detroit turned it down. I’m a huge SGA fan. I think that is a hell of an offer.
I like SGA but I don’t make that trade if I am Detroit.
If OKC threw in a Clipper lottery pick or two maybe.

The 6th pick isn’t valuable this draft.
It’s seen as a 4 player draft.
I wouldn’t give up Cunningham without more.

I like SGA but I don’t make that trade if I am Detroit.
If OKC threw in a Clipper lottery pick or two maybe.

The 6th pick isn’t valuable this draft.
It’s seen as a 4 player draft.
I wouldn’t give up Cunningham without more.
Yeah, the 6th pick being kinda blah is the big issue. That and SGA needs a new contract in a year.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom