NBA Thread 2020-21 Season | Page 88 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2020-21 Season

Not sure if anybody else is watching Toronto - GS... I may be biased but that late foul call with 4 seconds left to give the Warriors the lead was just ridiculous.

What are the rules on a coach's challenge?

With 4 seconds to go Fred Van Vleet is charged with a questionable foul call while Damion Lee is shooting a 3. The 3 shot foul call is challenged. During the challenge the refs review the play, and instead determine it was a foul on Kyle Lowry and it was a non shooting foul. So the Warriors still got 2 FT's and won the game.

What is the rule during a challenge? Is the entire play under review... i.e. you can decide to call a foul for a different penalty in that sequence. I seem to remember that might be the case, so if someone can confirm it would be great before I lose my mind with the NBA.

What are the rules on a coach's challenge?

With 4 seconds to go Fred Van Vleet is charged with a questionable foul call while Damion Lee is shooting a 3. The 3 shot foul call is challenged. During the challenge the refs review the play, and instead determine it was a foul on Kyle Lowry and it was a non shooting foul. So the Warriors still got 2 FT's and won the game.

What is the rule during a challenge? Is the entire play under review... i.e. you can decide to call a foul for a different penalty in that sequence. I seem to remember that might be the case, so if someone can confirm it would be great before I lose my mind with the NBA.

pretty sure they can do whatever they want once the replay is invoked, which is why we have some very bizarre results from these challenges. personally i think they should do away with everything. the final couple minutes where they stop the play every five seconds to see who the ball went off of? no thanks. i mean if its important in the final two minutes, why isnt important in the first quarter? its dumb...be done with all of it.

NBA doing the Celtics a solid since basically their entire lineup but Smart, and Pritchard are out due to Covid or contact tracing.

It would be Tacko Fall and all guards.

NBA doing the Celtics a solid since basically their entire lineup but Smart, and Pritchard are out due to Covid or contact tracing.

It would be Tacko Fall and all guards.

Why not expand rosters? Dion could still play a game or two for someone. Others out there.

Why not expand rosters? Dion could still play a game or two for someone. Others out there.
NBA should have a taxi squad training in a place where they send players as an emergency to get these games played.
Players like Lance Stephenson, Dion, Michael Beasley.
They would get checks and the games would be played.
It may not be good for the teams but it’s what you pay for your players testing positive or being in contact tracing.

NBA meeting tomorrow to discuss 7-14 day pause because of the spread of covid.

The assumption that it will get better is misguided ... unless they move to a bubble systems... nba rosters are just too small to handle the effects of Covid

“Out of PHI... Matisse Thybulle, Ben Simmons and (2) 1st round picks for Harden ... Deal is almost done”

Rumor courtesy of a coworker who is originally from Philly.

“Out of PHI... Matisse Thybulle, Ben Simmons and (2) 1st round picks for Harden ... Deal is almost done”

Rumor courtesy of a coworker who is originally from Philly.

No way .. If so .. Houston is robbing them

No way .. If so .. Houston is robbing them

I can’t find any links regarding this ... seems like at most it would be Simmons + Salary dump for harden

Portland - Toronto. Good game Portland won 112-111. Was quite the nail biter. Portland won with a clutch bucket by CJ -- Pascal Siakam had a great look at the end but missed. It was a back-to-back road game for the Raps and I think the Legs gave way.

#1. The Raptors are now a bad 2-8, but many of those have been 50/50 type games. They have lost at least 6 games this year where they were leading by double digits by some point, and I think it might be 7. I believe I saw that they were best in the league last year with a 43-4 record in those type of games. Not sure if we are bad enough to "tank" to a bottom 5 team however, even if we trade Lowry and Powell, but the top side is bottom end playoff team (#6 to #10)

#2. Starting with Melo. To be kind, he was very poor the first 3 quarters. But he was super clutch in the fourth quarter with double digit points, as the Raps blew another double digit lead in the second half. Even made a few solid D plays.

#3. Big positive for Raps fan is that Siakam has now had a stretch of 5 fairly good games after looking lost. His very good D is still there, and his shooting touch is back, and he is now getting the play-maker touch back. Last 5 games he is 24/10/6, 52% shooting.

#4. Kyle Lowry really struggled but has been still OK this year. It seems inevitable that he will be traded at some point this year. The Raptors depth is at the guard spots, and seems like he would be on the move if we are not competitive. I have to think he is worth at least a first rounder + mid-prospect for a contender.

#5. Alex Baynes is terrible. Alex Len is terrible. I believe Baynes has not seen any court time for any of the last 3 games. Hands of stone catching passes. Lost on D. Clogs the lane. Thought he would have been a better fit. Len is big, but stiff and can't grab a board. We are at the point we are using a 6'8/9 string bean in Boucher at the Center -- he puts up numbers and is an elite shot blocker, but still out muscled. Or we go small with Siakam/Anunoby.

#6. If you are a fantasy owner and Boucher is available in your league GET HIM NOW. Three point shooter, elite shot blocker, scores and rebounds at a good per minute pace. He is a stat sheet stuffer -- he is a better player on the stat sheet than reality because of his size and sometimes getting lost.

The loss of Gasol / Ibaka really hurt the team (they were bad against Boston) but rest of year they were quite good. It was a worthwhile gamble to keep cap space for Giannis as a last chance to stay elite. But Masai certainly missed on Baynes/Len as the fallback.

Last edited:
Kyrie is destined for a legacy as an underachiever. Best thing that ever happened for him is that LeBron returned to Cleveland.

Kyrie is destined for a legacy as an underachiever. Best thing that ever happened for him is that LeBron returned to Cleveland.

How does he get paid to just take personal time.

If he is hurt then I understand it but the guy doesn’t want to talk and he just does whatever he wants.

KD must be thrilled. They've looked mediocre when they had him.
They spanked Boston. It’s a matchup I want no part of.
Boston is a good team and Brooklyn just locked them down.
Philadelphia, Milwaukee, Boston and Brooklyn are the best teams in the East.

Not that it matters, but the Knicks are coming back down to Earth.

I'll now ask again, would Knicks fans really not want Harden if we can get him? Because I sure would (not that we can).

Everytime I start to get down on the cancellations and the scrubby games with 8 guys playing, I remind myself that 6 months ago I was watching Chauncey Billups play horse in a windy backyard.
Tonight you may have a chance to see Hughes play if the Jazz take care of business. They're playing a Cavs skeleton crew. Seriously, the active roster is hilarious.

Of course, the Jazz seem to struggle when they're playing undermanned squads, so who really knows.

Tonight you may have a chance to see Hughes play if the Jazz take care of business. They're playing a Cavs skeleton crew. Seriously, the active roster is hilarious.

Of course, the Jazz seem to struggle when they're playing undermanned squads, so who really knows.

I’m just waiting for reigning NBA champion Dion Waiters to get a call from somebody.

Maybe Ennis, McCullough, Christmas, Gbinije, Malachi, and Battle should all be getting ready too?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom