NBA Thread 2020-21 Season | Page 86 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2020-21 Season

It has until now. It’s why the Grizzlies wound up in Memphis and why Kroenke had to include a clause that he wouldn’t move the team to STL when he bought the Nuggets (that aged well).
If the NBA wanted a team in Stl they would put it there. All that other stuff is just noise. Personally I think they are down the list.

M

Miami was in the Western conference in 1989.
Charlotte was in the Western conference in 1990.

Minnesota belongs in the East over New Orleans.
NO is further away for a majority of the East.
Texas, OKC, Memphis are close to NO.
I mean there's a case for Memphis to be in the East over Minnesota too.

I thought about New Orleans but Minnesota fits that central division perfectly.
It does and it gives them a partner in Memphis a little bit.

id guess it would go that way if they go the NFL model.

You know what would be cool?

There is no more EC and WC. There are just divisions. Each division winner makes the playoffs, the next 8 winningest records make the playoffs, seed by record.

You know what...why all those divisions? Give me that old Pacific Divison. And I guess Vegas can join.

Lakers
Suns
Sonics
Blazers
Warriors
Clippers
Kings
Vegas

Nuggets
Rockets
Jazz
Mavericks
Spurs
Thunder
Pelicans
Grizzlies

Sixers
Celtics
Knicks
Nets
Wizards
Raptors
Heat
Magic

Pistons
Bulls
Bucks
Pacers
Cavs
Hawks
Hornets
T-Wolves

If the NBA wanted a team in Stl they would put it there. All that other stuff is just noise. Personally I think they are down the list.
That's my whole point. The NBA doesn't want a team in STL for a specific reason. Are you aware of the history? It's not noise.

I think New Orleans is more eastern than Minneapolis.

Hollinger and Duncan were talking about this on their podcast, New Orleans is further east, but from a travel perspective, Minnesota in the east makes way more sense. Minneapolis isn't near any other west conf city, and you have Chicago, Milwaukee, Cleveland, Detroit, and Indiana that all arent really that far away. Meanwhile New Orleans is relatively close to all 3 Texas teams, plus OKC.

Minneapolis is about 800 miles away from OKC, and I'm pretty sure thats the closest over western conf city. I had never really noticed/thought about it before, but it's really out of the way from the other western conf cities. There are like 6 eastern conf cities closer to Minneapolis than OKC is.

Hollinger and Duncan were talking about this on their podcast, New Orleans is further east, but from a travel perspective, Minnesota in the east makes way more sense. Minneapolis isn't near any other west conf city, and you have Chicago, Milwaukee, Cleveland, Detroit, and Indiana that all arent really that far away. Meanwhile New Orleans is relatively close to all 3 Texas teams, plus OKC.

Minneapolis is about 800 miles away from OKC, and I'm pretty sure thats the closest over western conf city. I had never really noticed/thought about it before, but it's really out of the way from the other western conf cities. There are like 6 eastern conf cities closer to Minneapolis than OKC is.
Of all nba teams, Minnesota is the one team I sometimes have to think about to remind myself which conference it’s in.

Move Memphis and Minnesota to the east if we get two franchises in Vegas and Seattle. Seems obvious to me.

After LeBron and Anthony Davis who are best duos in the league?

I think Jaylen Brown and Jayson Tatum are becoming a top 5 duo in the league.

Oh my god, these heat unis tonight might cause a seizure

Id take whoever was paired with a top tier star:

Kawhi/PG13
Luka/KP
KD/Kyrie
Giannis/Middleton

The initial guys in those pairings make them better by sheer talent alone bc of how much one guy can impact a game.

I don’t think I’d put Jokic/Murray ahead of them but it’s debatable bc of Jokic. I wouldn’t put Mitchell/Gobert or Embiid/Simmons ahead of them.

I don’t think CP3/Booker or Russ/Beal or Siakim/Lowry are in the ballpark.

Id take whoever was paired with a top tier star:

Kawhi/PG13
Luka/KP
KD/Kyrie
Giannis/Middleton

The initial guys in those pairings make them better by sheer talent alone bc of how much one guy can impact a game.

I don’t think I’d put Jokic/Murray ahead of them but it’s debatable bc of Jokic. I wouldn’t put Mitchell/Gobert or Embiid/Simmons ahead of them.

I don’t think CP3/Booker or Russ/Beal or Siakim/Lowry are in the ballpark.
Yeah I think the next would be KD/the artist.

Minnesota hasn’t had a squad since the Lakers played there.

they had some good teams with KG and Starbury before he went berzerk.

Rockets update in case you guys care (at least i know some of you hate care)

-Wall looks really good.
-Wood excellent.
-Boogie: needs to be put out to pasture and shot for his own good. hes horrific.

Harden: Checking out as we speak. Started off hot, probably thinking a quick start would get teams lined up for him...now he sees there isn't much of a market for him so he's starting to check out. scratched with a "sore ankle" couple days ago...then tonight he had all of 15 points and only went to the line FOUR times..which is crazy for him..totally checked out most of the game.

as far as the team goes..they are 2-4..but hard to tell because wall missed the first couple games, now wood is out...i think once harden gets dumped, theyll be a perfectly cromulent team.

Barrett/Randle up there, imo

Brooklyn, Philly, lac, Denver,

At least he just got paid

Yup. Great timing for him on that.

But man, he was coming around nicely. Hopefully he comes back the same physically, and picks up where he left off. I was enjoying following his low key rise, after everyone threw him in the bushes at the beginning of his career.

Wonder what’s up with Kyrie. Regardless, weird move by Nash to not cover for him. Rookie mistake?
Kyrie probably doesn’t want to play because Durant isn’t.

He seems like that type of guy.

Also man does Marv Albert sound old on the call. I love Marv but he just sounds sickly and old. It’s sad.

Kyrie probably doesn’t want to play because Durant isn’t.

He seems like that type of guy.

Also man does Marv Albert sound old on the call. I love Marv but he just sounds sickly and old. It’s sad.

I can’t help but think it’s related to the BS going on in the country. He didn’t want the bubble to happen because of it.

Yeah, Marv definitely sounds weaker and slower. Striking from a guy who always had one of the best and most distinctive commentator voices.

Also, I love the Nets throwback inspired Uniforms and court.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom