NBA Thread 2020-21 Season | Page 97 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2020-21 Season

No. Not they won't. Nash just kind of stands there too. The Nets are the modern day NBA team 100%. Player empowerment and they run the team, Big name head coach with no experience, old assistants with head coaching experience, no draft picks and just shooting for NBA championship which they probably wont win. The players won't be around long and will leave a trail of scorched earth for the franchise to clean up down the road. The fact that when Kyrie didn't show up Nash didn't really know where the heck he was or what was going on should tell you all you need to know.

All that said, Do I really care that the Nets will be a dumpster fire in a few years? No I don't and I watched the game from start to finish last night and was completely entertained. Some great plays everywhere. Fun to watch
Yes, the Nets reap what they sow, or whatever that expression is. Their future is now. I hope they crash and burn along with both LA teams. I will be rooting for an NBA final of my Jazz team vs the Bucks.

Yes, the Nets reap what they sow, or whatever that expression is. Their future is now. I hope they crash and burn along with both LA teams. I will be rooting for an NBA final of my Jazz team vs the Bucks.

Jazz look really good. Nice blend of talent for sure and Conley looks to be playing better too.

I'm watching Jazz-Pellies and nahgonnalie Zion looks like he's been doing body by Girard.

I saw a pretty crazy about Zion yesterday, and I had to look it up to verify.

Zion takes 12 shots per game in the restricted area. If that seems like a lot, well, it is. Andre Drummond is second at 11, and then Giannis is third, with 9.1 He takes about 30% more shots in the restricted area than #3 in the league! (this stuff is all per game, for whatever reason, from the nba site I couldn't download all the data and do it per minute, which would be more fair to everyone) Just the ability to be able to generate so many shots so close to the rim is nuts. And he's doing it while not being in peak physical condition (lets go with that for phrasing)

He takes 15.9 shots per game, 12 in the restricted area and 3.3 in the paint but not the restricted area, with the remaining few coming elsewhere. It's a pretty insane shot distribution

Pelicans hiring SVG after the guy sucked with complete control in Detroit was stupid.
Zion would only be a Junior in college but the guy needs to take a leap. The fighting Lu Dort’s are better than the Pelicans right now.

Not sure why Shaq would feel the need to do this.

There is a reason Spida is my favorite player. He has embraced everything around him and makes their lives better. I could care less what Shaquinafool thinks. Mitchell is a great player and a great person.

Shaq is definitely the loveable jolly fat man guy but he also has a side of the back in my day guy.
What player in the league now is closest to what Shaq was when he played.
I am not saying caliber of player like Shaq but plays most like him?
Andre Drummond.
Is the only guy I can think of.

Shaq is definitely the loveable jolly fat man guy but he also has a side of the back in my day guy.
Bill Walton got really mad at him some years back because Shaq had gone after a big man with some commentary that crossed the line over criticizing his game to criticizing him as a person. It was one of those fascinating moments where Walton's unique viewpoint wasn't ever something most people would ever consider, but when you think about it, makes a lot of sense. He said something to the effect of shame on Shaq for attacking the personality of a fellow big man, because Shaq of all people should know that even though it's a gift to be so tall, it can also be really lonely and isolating. Your identity is always that you're the freakishly tall guy in a room, and it changes the way people interact with you and what they expect from you. Even though it brings advantages, there can be ostracism too, and he thought it was unbecoming of Shaq to pick on another big man personally knowing that.

I don't know, I thought that was a deep perspective.

Andre Drummond.

Honestly, based off the stats I had earlier, I would say the answer is Zion. (though Drummond was second in shots at the rim. Have you seen the new Drummond though? The guy is acting like the Cavs PG a lot. It's hilarious)

Andre Drummond.
Ayton maybe? But like, a fraction as good.

Pelicans hiring SVG after the guy sucked with complete control in Detroit was stupid.
Zion would only be a Junior in college but the guy needs to take a leap. The fighting Lu Dort’s are better than the Pelicans right now.

Zion is 40 games in and averaging 23 and 8. His defense is terrible and his conditioning suspect at best. He's also a big dude and always will be. He's working on the shot and if that comes along he will be extremely tough to stop, Work in progress and his defense has to get to at least matador levels and better d rebounder as well. Those calling him a bust are crazy though. he's 40 games in still a pain in the arse to stop if you don't have a real rim protector.

The Pelicans stink. Roster is poorly constructed with bad guard play, not enough shooting and no bench scoring really other than Walker on occasion. Reddick has shot poorly as well and starting to look really old. Bledsoe and Ball are completely unreliable on a nightly basis. People want to blame Adams but he has probably been the best all around player on the Pels this year but he provides no floor spacing for Zion. ( again not their fault) Ingram hasn't been GREAT the past 7-8 games either. fades in and out of games and not great on D. Like I said, they are a mess. They play defense in spurts but Van Gundy is really playing dinosaur ball. I think they have given up 220 3's in 13 games and have made 110 or something like that. It's a ridiculous stat whatever it is. The team gives up WAAAAY to many open 3 pointers.

They need a trade where they kind of clean house and I would think other than Zion, Ingram and probably Adams everybody is on the market. Adams isn't a great fit but I just get the feeling that the staff loves him and won't trade him. The other upside play has been from Josh Hart who plays good D and rebounds but he would be a solid trade piece for somebody

My kids have become huge pelicans fans the past 3-4 years and I pretty much watch every game with them. I didn't ask for this ( watching every pels game!! but enjoy watching with my kids) but I was spending a lot of time in New Orleans for a few years and took them to games back in the AD days and they got hooked

All that said, I am beginning to believe that David Griffin is very well liked in NBA circles and media but he could be VASTLY overrated with regard to his ability to construct an NBA roster. He has a ton of draft picks but what are you going to do with them? You cant seriously use them all for drafting purposes

Last edited:
No. Not they won't. Nash just kind of stands there too. The Nets are the modern day NBA team 100%. Player empowerment and they run the team, Big name head coach with no experience, old assistants with head coaching experience, no draft picks and just shooting for NBA championship which they probably wont win. The players won't be around long and will leave a trail of scorched earth for the franchise to clean up down the road. The fact that when Kyrie didn't show up Nash didn't really know where the heck he was or what was going on should tell you all you need to know.

All that said, Do I really care that the Nets will be a dumpster fire in a few years? No I don't and I watched the game from start to finish last night and was completely entertained. Some great plays everywhere. Fun to watch

Rumor has it that one of the main reasons Houston traded Harden to Jersey rather than Philly was because they believed there was a much better chance Jersey turned into a dumpster fire in a few years .. thus making the draft picks more valuable

Wow .. now we trade for porter jr? We need this headache like Zion needs more happy meals ... John Lucas going to work his magic ?

Any Cavs fans want to elaborate on his skills (I don’t need the report on his issues )

Wow .. now we trade for porter jr? We need this headache like Zion needs more happy meals ... John Lucas going to work his magic ?

Any Cavs fans want to elaborate on his skills (I don’t need the report on his issues )
Wasn't it for a 2nd round pick. A great trade for a proverbial bag of balls. If he contributes great, otherwise buy some more balls.

There is a reason Spida is my favorite player. He has embraced everything around him and makes their lives better. I could care less what Shaquinafool thinks. Mitchell is a great player and a great person.

My wife worked with Donovan on a sponsorship/marketing ambassador level at her last job. Of all the athletes that she worked with in that job, she said that he was by far the nicest. Just a genuinely good dude.

My wife worked with Donovan on a sponsorship/marketing ambassador level at her last job. Of all the athletes that she worked with in that job, she said that he was by far the nicest. Just a genuinely good dude.
He's a very giving person. Raised properly by his mom, a school teacher.

Rumor has it that one of the main reasons Houston traded Harden to Jersey rather than Philly was because they believed there was a much better chance Jersey turned into a dumpster fire in a few years .. thus making the draft picks more valuable

This makes some sense tho I still think they could have flipped Simmons for multiple first round picks. They chose to take a calculated risk. If Irving doesnt have a no trade clause he might not last the season. But then again, who would want him?

This makes some sense tho I still think they could have flipped Simmons for multiple first round picks. They chose to take a calculated risk. If Irving doesnt have a no trade clause he might not last the season. But then again, who would want him?
It seems like destiny to me that the artist lands in Sacramento.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom