NBA Thread 2020-21 Season | Page 98 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2020-21 Season

What player in the league now is closest to what Shaq was when he played.
I am not saying caliber of player like Shaq but plays most like him?
Andre Drummond.
Is the only guy I can think of.

Honestly, nobody really. If he was 7 feet and a low post guy, Zion. I say that because he’s got the freakish size and athleticism. Shaq was a once in a lifetime guy IMO. You just don’t see guys that big and strong that move the way he did, at least for his first 10 years or so.

Did anyone besides me watch the Lakers-Bucks game? Neither team may make it out of their divisions, but appears LA has a better shot than Milwaukee at making it to the championship round.

BTW, time for Marv Albert to retire before he’s fired. He’s been making mistakes for years, it’s become worse, unlistenable, painful, sad.

Did anyone besides me watch the Lakers-Bucks game? Neither team may make it out of their divisions, but appears LA has a better shot than Milwaukee at making it to the championship round.

BTW, time for Marv Albert to retire before he’s fired. He’s been making mistakes for years, it’s become worse, unlistenable, painful, sad.

The top of the East is better than the top of the West this year IMO.

Lakers are winning the West IMO.

East it could be the Bucks, Nets, Celtics, Sixers, Heat.

Lakers defense when the playoffs come will clamp teams.

I think Giannis just turned it over again...

KCP is playing at damn near all star level this year, if he had more minutes. Hope he can keep it up. He’s becoming our new Coop!

LeBron still the best player in the league at 36. Insane.

KCP is playing at damn near all star level this year, if he had more minutes. Hope he can keep it up. He’s becoming our new Coop!

Barring injury .. nobody has a chance against them in a series save for Philly .. and there’s a good chance Philly doesn’t even get there

Barring injury .. nobody has a chance against them in a series save for Philly .. and there’s a good chance Philly doesn’t even get there
Miami, Boston and Brooklyn can beat Milwaukee in a series as well.
I would favor the Bucks but those teams can beat the Bucks.

I won’t write the Clippers off and I think Denver will get it together and could always be a tough team to play.

But provided good health, I really like the way the Lakers chances are looking at this point.

I won’t write the Clippers off and I think Denver will get it together and could always be a tough team to play.

But provided good health, I really like the way the Lakers chances are looking at this point.
Lakers aren’t losing to any West team barring injuries.

Clippers aren’t garbage but the Lakers are that much better than everyone.
Clippers are the only team I can see beating the Lakers 2 times in a best of 7.

Lakers have the best defense in the NBA in the playoffs it will be better.

East has actually depth this year.

Too bad the Bucks couldn’t wait and make a run at Harden. Would be fun to see him play with Giannis. He’s not good enough offensively to carry a team through the finals.

KCP and Caruso are shooting 57% from 3.

Too bad the Bucks couldn’t wait and make a run at Harden. Would be fun to see him play with Giannis. He’s not good enough offensively to carry a team through the finals.

KCP and Caruso are shooting 57% from 3.
The Bucks weren't interested in Harden anyways. They didn't view him as a fit with the organization.

The Bucks weren't interested in Harden anyways. They didn't view him as a fit with the organization.
I can see that. Just think Giannis needs a dominant scoring guard to get over the hump.

I can see that. Just think Giannis needs a dominant scoring guard to get over the hump.
It’s very possible. From a skill set perspective I think Harden is pretty much perfect for Giannis.

boogie cousins update. 2-16 from the field. this includes 1/10 from point blank range. hes TERRRIBLE. he cant jump. i don't mean he can't jump high..i mean you can't fit a credit card under his feet when he "elevates"

hes shooting 26!!!! percent for the year...hes almost 7'0 tall!!!! and center...??????

Last edited:
SMH. He got fouled 3 different times.

i watched this game...as a rockets fan...it was painful. these are two terrible teams...if Jeremi had even a 40th percentile game for him...Detroit wins by 10

Last edited:
I don't think we have many Bulls fans in here, but have any of you caught some of their games this year? Billy Donovan has them playing pretty well now in his system. Right now, the Bulls have a top 10 offense. Last season, they finished #29 in offense. Through the first few weeks, Chicago looked like they would be in the running for a top 5 pick. They've one 4 straight and gotten to about .500 in the standings. And their recent losses have been really close. I expected them to be a high pick lottery team (which still may happen), but if they stay on this track they could slide into the playoffs. AK, the new GM, said before the season that he wanted to evaluate what he had before making any big moves. Always figured they'd trade some of their vet pieces (Porter, Young, etc.) at or near the deadline. They actually have good depth. I've never been a big Zach LaVine fan.. at least not as the #1 option, but he has gotten better each season. ZL is playing really well this year and continuesto evolve. Scoring has always been there, but his FG% and 3P% have been impressive. Look at his last 5 games (Mavs being an outlier)...
59418.jpeg

Last edited:
I don't think we have many Bulls fans in here, but have any of you caught some of their games this year? Billy Donovan has them playing pretty well now in his system. Right now, the Bulls have a top 10 offense. Last season, they finished #29 in offense. Through the first few weeks, Chicago looked like they would be in the running for a top 5 pick. They've one 4 straight and gotten to about .500 in the standings. And their recent losses have been really close. I expected them to be a high pick lottery team (which still may happen), but if they stay on this track they could slide into the playoffs. AK, the new GM, said before the season that he wanted to evaluate what he had before making any big moves. Always figured they'd trade some of their vet pieces (Porter, Young, etc.) at or near the deadline. They actually have good depth. I've never been a big Zach LaVine fan.. at least not as the #1 option, but he has gotten better each season. ZL is playing really well this year and continuesto evolve. Scoring has always been there, but his FG% and 3P% have been impressive. Look at his last 5 games (Mavs being an outlier)...
View attachment 195312

I watched the game vs the rockets .. it was a pretty fun game.. I was impressed with The bulls.. lot of fire power...

boogie cousins update. 2-16 from the field. this includes 1/10 from point blank range. hes TERRRIBLE. he cant jump. i don't mean he can't jump high..i mean you can't fit a credit card under his feet when he "elevates"

hes shooting 26!!!! percent for the year...hes almost 7'0 tall!!!! and center...??????
He was worth a flier on a league minimum non guaranteed deal. Also probably shouldn’t be playing 33 minutes like he did last night.

He was worth a flier on a league minimum non guaranteed deal. Also probably shouldn’t be playing 33 minutes like he did last night.

He’s like a baseball player with negative WAR.. you’re better off with a dude off the street

He’s like a baseball player with negative WAR.. you’re better off with a dude off the street
I would say he’d be a perfect Nets pick up but then realized he wants to knock out Harden. Lakers, but he wants to knock out Morris. He will probably end up somewhere where he doesn’t want to knock anyone out. Rockets have until 2/27 to let him go and not pay him.

I would say he’d be a perfect Nets pick up but then realized he wants to knock out Harden. Lakers, but he wants to knock out Morris. He will probably end up somewhere where he doesn’t want to knock anyone out. Rockets have until 2/27 to let him go and not pay him.

I don’t think you’ve watched him actually play if you think any contending team would sign him .. he is glue factory ready

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom