NBA Thread 2021-22 Season | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2021-22 Season

I think, at least to start the season, Russ's value will come from soaking up a ton of minutes when AD/Lebron are on the bench/hurt with mediocre efficiency and giving them a floor. And then ideally (from a laker POV, idgaf) he will be able to mold his game to fit in with AD/Lebron for the playoffs

he’ll soak up a ton of something ..

Westbrook has been awful the past 2 years at the start of the season but seems to find his stride as far as his personal numbers go as the season moves along. I do agree with most here though don't like the fit on the Lakers, he tends to need the ball and the world has to revolve around him when he's on the court. If anyone can figure out how to be productive and utilize him it will be LeBron. Russ' D stinks and his decision making at the end of games is bad too. I can see him being a spark when LeBron is not on the floor and good effort through the regular season when the Lakers are sitting Lebron or AD. Going to take some times. IF AD and Lebron stay healthy the Lakers will be right there. AD is always hurt at some point

My take away from last night was Golden State is likely better than experts predictions and I won't be surprised if they finish top 3-4 in the west. Once Klay and Wiseman are back their second unit is going to kill teams.

My take away from last night was Golden State is likely better than experts predictions and I won't be surprised if they finish top 3-4 in the west. Once Klay and Wiseman are back their second unit is going to kill teams.

Maybe he's improved, but I think there was a direct correlation between Wiseman playing fewer minutes and the Warriors playing better last season

The warriors were 2nd in most futures to win the west

A guy who weighs 285-290 probably prior to a foot injury who is then forced to sit around for 2 months will probably get over 300 pounds. The bigger issue is he shouldn't be playing at 285 but 20 pounds lighter. He needed to drop weight prior to the injury just puts way too much stress on his lower body. This is what will do him him if he doesn't change his diet and training regimen. The time is 100% now. The Pelicans have taken a lot of heat for Zion the past two years ( With regard to his overall conditioning) and whether he stays there long term isn't the question at hand for his long term future but given his injury issues he would be crazy not to sign the rookie extension with the Pels, he can force a trade later like everybody else does at this point. We are talking about a kid that averaged 27 and 8 in his 2nd year in the NBA was extremely impressive. He's 21 years old

Last edited:
Is top 4 in the West better than most experts' predictions? The people I follow have generally viewed the Warriors as one of the title contenders this season.

Is top 4 in the West better than most experts' predictions? The people I follow have generally viewed the Warriors as one of the title contenders this season.
I honestly haven’t had a lot of time to look thoroughly at every projection, but 538 had them at 37-45 and the athletic had them 5th and said it may be aggressive considering Klays injury. I don’t have an ESPN subscription anymore so I guess they were more bullish on them?

Personally in the regular season I think Utah will probably finish with the best record again and after that I think you can draw straws at who will finish where.

Edit: ESPN had the Warriors 6th.

Last edited:
For all the people who thought he was a lock to be an all time great player this is why I.had my doubts. He was heavy at 18 what did they think was going to happen when he gets older? The weight will always be an issue.

Did Dave Bing miss the NBA 75 team?

My guess is that he misses.

There have to be some in the first 50 that miss. It would only make sense (not necessarily Bing missing but some of the original 50).

The league has been much more prominent and larger (players and # of teams) in its last 25 years than its first 25 years. (1997-2022 vs 1947-1972).

How can ESPN watch TNT’s studio and think having these gasbags on is good production.

What I can say anytime you can add Mike Greenberg to your coverage you gotta do it.
NFL draft
NBA studio.
Can’t wait for him in the college football playoff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom