NBA Thread 2021-22 Season | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2021-22 Season

LFG

The contract maybe was too much, and he's not going to score 30 plus every night, but having Fournier at the 2 instead of Bullock is going to help the offense so much. I was also super impressed with the time lord last night

As I posted before, I don’t think Simmons is handling this great but I continue to be shocked at how little heat the sixers side is getting. Doc, Embiid, the front office leaks had a big part in tanking his trade value and then they can’t make a deal because they don’t like the offers they’re getting? So Simmons says you’ve all trashed me and said how you don’t want me so that’s fine I won’t hassle you with my presence. Now it’s a mess that was completely avoidable.

Gilbert Arenas has a great IG and he had an interesting take that other players have agreed with. He said if you look at the videos Simmons wasn’t wearing a jersey which means he was 3rd unit and his effort wasn’t really a focal point. Players are pretty much never suspended for lack of effort in practice and it’s laughable because Doc is known for not caring about practice. Ben showed up to get paid, be quiet and mind his own business. Philly is trying to show they’re the ones with power so keep poking him and then leaking it to the press to make him look bad. Perk said the same thing that he knows Doc and Doc showed up to practice looking for a reason to throw Simmons out.

Arenas compared it to a kid in class who doesn’t like to read out loud but the teacher keeps calling on him to make him read because they know you don’t want to. Meanwhile, the kid just wants to sit there and mind his business and not bother anybody until he can leave.

As I posted before, I don’t think Simmons is handling this great but I continue to be shocked at how little heat the sixers side is getting. Doc, Embiid, the front office leaks had a big part in tanking his trade value and then they can’t make a deal because they don’t like the offers they’re getting? So Simmons says you’ve all trashed me and said how you don’t want me so that’s fine I won’t hassle you with my presence. Now it’s a mess that was completely avoidable.

Gilbert Arenas has a great IG and he had an interesting take that other players have agreed with. He said if you look at the videos Simmons wasn’t wearing a jersey which means he was 3rd unit and his effort wasn’t really a focal point. Players are pretty much never suspended for lack of effort in practice and it’s laughable because Doc is known for not caring about practice. Ben showed up to get paid, be quiet and mind his own business. Philly is trying to show they’re the ones with power so keep poking him and then leaking it to the press to make him look bad. Perk said the same thing that he knows Doc and Doc showed up to practice looking for a reason to throw Simmons out.

Arenas compared it to a kid in class who doesn’t like to read out loud but the teacher keeps calling on him to make him read because they know you don’t want to. Meanwhile, the kid just wants to sit there and mind his business and not bother anybody until he can leave.

It's really just a horrendous situation and been mismanaged by all parties. Morey seems to get a free pass because he is loved by a lot of the media. They all seem to think he's going to pull a rabbit out of his arse at some point but it seems they keep digging a bigger hole. I get the feeling that many of the GM's and front offices around the league are enjoying watching Morey look bad. I have to imagine some of the phone calls with his outrageous requests have been comical

Westbrook has been awful the past 2 years at the start of the season but seems to find his stride as far as his personal numbers go as the season moves along. I do agree with most here though don't like the fit on the Lakers, he tends to need the ball and the world has to revolve around him when he's on the court. If anyone can figure out how to be productive and utilize him it will be LeBron. Russ' D stinks and his decision making at the end of games is bad too. I can see him being a spark when LeBron is not on the floor and good effort through the regular season when the Lakers are sitting Lebron or AD. Going to take some times. IF AD and Lebron stay healthy the Lakers will be right there. AD is always hurt at some point
There best chance at the end of games is going to end up with Russ sitting. How he handles that will be interesting.

Yep, agreed with this. The way Doc, Embiid, etc. trashed Simmons during the playoffs and then acted like their the victims now is laughable. Everyone involved is handling the situation poorly right now.

No. He’s the kid who all summer said he’s never going back to school, doesn’t like the school, or whose in it. The truant officer brings him in and says go to school or we will take things ($) away from you.
He decides to go to school and be so difficult that he gets kicked out.

No. He’s the kid who all summer said he’s never going back to school, doesn’t like the school, or whose in it. The truant officer brings him in and says go to school or we will take things ($) away from you.
He decides to go to school and be so difficult that he gets kicked out.

I think this comparison omits a major piece.

At the risk of this school explanation getting carried away…the teacher, TA and his best friend said you’re a problem and we don’t want you to come back to this class in September. The student said “Ok, deal. Send me to another classroom and I won’t show up until you figure out a new classroom for me to go to.” The teacher had all summer to figure it out and completely botches finding him a new class. Then gets mad when he doesn’t want to come back and pretend like everything is fine. And when the kid shows up it’s a toxic situation and people think it’s all the kids fault.

It’s weird the scope attached to professional athletes when I think this situation viewed in any other employment or classroom lens like above is looked at completely differently.

LFG

The contract maybe was too much, and he's not going to score 30 plus every night, but having Fournier at the 2 instead of Bullock is going to help the offense so much. I was also super impressed with the time lord last night
I'd be thrilled for Knicks fans to get a solid run of seasons together.

I think this comparison omits a major piece.

At the risk of this school explanation getting carried away…the teacher, TA and his best friend said you’re a problem and we don’t want you to come back to this class in September. The student said “Ok, deal. Send me to another classroom and I won’t show up until you figure out a new classroom for me to go to.” The teacher had all summer to figure it out and completely botches finding him a new class. Then gets mad when he doesn’t want to come back and pretend like everything is fine. And when the kid shows up it’s a toxic situation and people think it’s all the kids fault.

It’s weird the scope attached to professional athletes when I think this situation viewed in any other employment or classroom lens like above is looked at completely differently.

I think to carry the analogy even further; there were rumors the year prior that they were going to transfer you to another class for a better student (harden), but they werent able to make the transfer happen.

How many millions of dollars was that kid being paid to read? Did the kid’s union sign a collective bargaining agreement with the teacher that stated he was to give all his effort to read when called on or be in violation of his contract ? This analogy is so bad it must have originated from cowherd

These nuggets kill me. For reference MCW had 22 pts, 12 ast, 7 rebs and 9 steals his very first game.
Houston we have a problem .. picked the wrong dude… as some of you may know .. I’m a rockets guy .. letting you know to pound any under you can find on the rockets season win total until it reaches single figures .. they are that bad . Their only good player is the Turkish rookie and he’s so far ahead of the rest of them in a mental basketball sense.. his skills are wasted upon the he’s rolling with ..think about the highly skilled dude in a pickup game that keeps throwing dimes to dudes but they’re so shocked someone actually passed that the ball careens off their hands out of bounds

NBA is the absolute best.
I have a love / hate relationship with it .. I love the games and skill .. I hate all the off the court crap they actually promote and the talking heads that revolve around the product..

How many millions of dollars was that kid being paid to read? Did the kid’s union sign a collective bargaining agreement with the teacher that stated he was to give all his effort to read when called on or be in violation of his contract ? This analogy is so bad it must have originated from cowherd

I think the point is less Ben Simmons is totally blameless (hes not!) and more that Philly has done a lot as well to allow the situation to deteriorate to the point that it has.

For whatever reason, fans are always a lot more willing to accept/tolerate a team just treating things like a business than players.

I think the point is less Ben Simmons is totally blameless (hes not!) and more that Philly has done a lot as well to allow the situation to deteriorate to the point that it has.

For whatever reason, fans are always a lot more willing to accept/tolerate a team just treating things like a business than players.
Their mistake is thinking they can bring him back into the fold . Morey is a very overrated GM.. sixers fans will learn ..

Houston we have a problem .. picked the wrong dude… as some of you may know .. I’m a rockets guy .. letting you know to pound any under you can find on the rockets season win total until it reaches single figures .. they are that bad . Their only good player is the Turkish rookie and he’s so far ahead of the rest of them in a mental basketball sense.. his skills are wasted upon the he’s rolling with ..think about the highly skilled dude in a pickup game that keeps throwing dimes to dudes but they’re so shocked someone actually passed that the ball careens off their hands out of bounds

You dont like Christian Wood?

You dont like Christian Wood?

classic looter in a riot. Will put up numbers on a crap team and do nothing on a good team ..passing on Mobley already looking bad. And Silas is a horribly ineffectual coach . Good man . But total doormat .. players crap all over him like a substitute teacher