NBA Thread 2021-22 Season | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2021-22 Season

Advanced Stats says he should. He has a better Defensive rating than any LAL starter and a higher net rating by a wide margin over any starter including Bazemore.

Now a 105.8 isn't a great D rating but when the rest of the lineup is 110 or higher...

Rondo is only guy in the 90s I see.
W Rondo, Melo and LBJ, they have 3 really smart players. Should be able to win some games

Zion looks like he’s playing offensive line for the Nawlins Saints.

I feel like he doesn't look much different from last season to be honest. He's pretty much always been a chubby dude. The photos from the offseason were a lot worse.

Does seem like he should probably slim down a bit though, granted I'm not a doctor.

This year's City Edition jerseys:
FDHU2IqX0Ac7GTz

Twitter thread with a better view of each jersey:
My personal favorites are:
  • Brooklyn
  • Chicago
  • Detroit
  • Milwaukee
  • Minnesota
  • Philadelphia
  • San Antonio
  • Washington

I feel like he doesn't look much different from last season to be honest. He's pretty much always been a chubby dude. The photos from the offseason were a lot worse.

Does seem like he should probably slim down a bit though, granted I'm not a doctor.

He probably only will get maybe a couple more years he can get away with being that heavy before either injuries or physics/aging catch up with him at that size. It doesn't take many years into everything even your prime for impacts to set in... That is unless he becomes a 6-8 Shaq

He probably only will get maybe a couple more years he can get away with being that heavy before either injuries or physics/aging catch up with him at that size. It doesn't take many years into everything even your prime for impacts to set in... That is unless he becomes a 6-8 Shaq
Shaq was pretty lean early in his career though. It wasn’t until his last couple of Laker seasons that he started to put on weight.

Shaq was pretty lean early in his career though. It wasn’t until his last couple of Laker seasons that he started to put on weight.

True. My point was more that given the way Zion plays if he doesn't want to end up being a post up guy and a statue he needs to trim down or just battle through the injuries then again maybe he is a freak in that regard too and can play at this weight etc for a long time unencumbered

Well he is defending well to be fair. So far Melo is holding up his end as well.
He must be gunning for Sixth Man. Otherwise, he would have replaced Jordan in the starting lineup over Bradley.

Random thoughts on some random things:

- So far Zion has had three lower body injuries (I think) since he was at Duke and he looks like he's out of shape/putting on weight (mind you, "out of shape" = for an nba player, not any normal human). Already been rumors of him not wanting to be in NO. I really hope he can put it all together and stay healthy, but I'm really worried that he's going to have serious injury issues. Selfishly, it seems like he wants to go to the Knicks, so I'd like him to stay healthy for that.

- Evan Mobley is amazing. Scottie Barnes is very good and very entertaining.

- Really happy for Melo. Honestly, and I truly mean this without any bias, his transition into this part of his career has been nothing short of amazing.

- I still have no faith that Jason Kidd in Dallas will work out.

- GSW is a fun team. Depending on how Klay comes back, they can clearly be a threat to win it all.

- Except for THE NEW YORK KNICKERBOCKERS (even with the loss tonight), the East is drunk right now and will sort itself out.

- OKC has a number of really solid young guys, but they clearly want to tank again, which is kind of a bummer.

- I'm not sure if there is a better front office / HC combo than Masai / Nurse in Toronto.

Trouble in Boston?
Or is this just an emotional Marcus Smart and amends will quickly be made?

Random thoughts on some random things:

- So far Zion has had three lower body injuries (I think) since he was at Duke and he looks like he's out of shape/putting on weight (mind you, "out of shape" = for an nba player, not any normal human). Already been rumors of him not wanting to be in NO. I really hope he can put it all together and stay healthy, but I'm really worried that he's going to have serious injury issues. Selfishly, it seems like he wants to go to the Knicks, so I'd like him to stay healthy for that.

- Evan Mobley is amazing. Scottie Barnes is very good and very entertaining.

- Really happy for Melo. Honestly, and I truly mean this without any bias, his transition into this part of his career has been nothing short of amazing.

- I still have no faith that Jason Kidd in Dallas will work out.

- GSW is a fun team. Depending on how Klay comes back, they can clearly be a threat to win it all.

- Except for THE NEW YORK KNICKERBOCKERS (even with the loss tonight), the East is drunk right now and will sort itself out.

- OKC has a number of really solid young guys, but they clearly want to tank again, which is kind of a bummer.

- I'm not sure if there is a better front office / HC combo than Masai / Nurse in Toronto.
I still think it was always going to be worth taking a shot on Zion, but I've been calling that the dude would eat himself out of the league since he was at Duke.

Took my son to the Hawks game tonight. They are still a fun team to watch. We were scoreboard watching as well. Looked like the Bulls were down and down big for most of the game.. then all of a sudden late he said Daddy look the Bulls are winning... and they ended up winning. He also got to meet Nique after the game which was the cherry on top.

I still think it was always going to be worth taking a shot on Zion, but I've been calling that the dude would eat himself out of the league since he was at Duke.

kind of a catch 22 thing with Zion now who claims he wants to win and stay in New Orleans which is debatable at best because he hasn’t been able to keep weight off and show a commitment but he didn't hurt his foot sitting around in the off season. Injuries are one thing weight another. He and griffin come on in preseason and say he will be back for the regular season. It looks like following the timeline he will miss 30 games. At that point the Pelicans will be out of it, most likely about 5-25. So basically another season lost. Zion kind of has to play if the pelicans are going to be any good.

all that said the team has some nice pieces and has been built around Zion and Ingram. J valanciunas (SP) has been great. Graham as well. They have couple rookies in Herb Jones who have been great defensively and Murphy has been streaky 3 point guy. Now Ingram and graham are day to day. The new head coach willie Greene has the team playing better defense and is obviously much better liked that Stan van.

Griffin has been a disaster but the one thing he did is bring in Nelson who was the renowned head trainer from the suns but it appears that Zion and his family are not happy with the way he was rehabbed from the knee injury two years ago but 2 years later here we are again with the foot. I think there was a setback a month or so ago and nobody has said anything about it

the problem is I’m not sure either Zion or Griffin will be in New Orleans long term. zion is a phenomenal talent when on the court, he was almost all nba last year and probably should have been. He needs to start with the weight as that he can control, at least 265. Then see if the injuries diminish because of it, at least if not than so be it. I don't think it's a shock that a guy with a foot injury would put some weight on and get out of shape while spending time off his feet. He will be back in game shape when he finally plays which I bet will be some time around Christmas and the season will be lost by then.

Last edited:
Trouble in Boston?
Or is this just an emotional Marcus Smart and amends will quickly be made?

I watched his presser. They didn’t include everything he said in that tweet and the it’s not nearly as bad as it came off on the Internet.

I watched his presser. They didn’t include everything he said in that tweet and the it’s not nearly as bad as it came off on the Internet.

Agreed, it was actually 100% spot on and respectful too the two guys he was talking about. Tatum is streaky but he's been bad for first 6-7 games and he shoots A LOT.