NBA Thread 2021-22 Season | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2021-22 Season

Draymond has some real talents. But if he had been stuck on a bad team, his career is way, way different.

When you get to play with the best shooter of all time and a top 5 shooter of all time, your life on the court is way easier than if you are on a mediocre or bad team.

Here's what happened, imo: The Dubs way overreacted to losing in 2016. And, I think Draymond was especially overreacting, because it was him getting suspended that probably caused them to lose that series. If they win that series, I'm guessing they don't chase KD so hard and are good to run it back.
A buddy is an MSU grad and 2 years ago claimed Draymond as the guy on a team could average like, 20/12/8.

You read that right.

Still laugh at it.

I like this guy but oh my God how do these guys all get paid.
It's going to be either a steal or one of the worst deals ever. But some of these guys get paid on age and potential and $10 mil a year is almost nothing for a rotation guy.

I like this guy but oh my God how do these guys all get paid.
I agree with your overall point. But Williams actually had a fantastic year that flew under the radar because he's not a big name and he didn't have the usual big offensive numbers. He was a steal in the draft due to the off the court stuff, and we are seeing it.

It's going to be either a steal or one of the worst deals ever. But some of these guys get paid on age and potential and $10 mil a year is almost nothing for a rotation guy.

I always have to remind myself that there are guys making basically $50M in the coming years so $10M/yr isn't that much for someone that plays.

The issue with this theory is there had been buzz that KD was signing there pretty much all year in the lead up to it actually happening

I must be getting old, because I don't remember much KD to the warriors buzz prior to the end of that season. i'm not saying it wasnt there, I really have no memory of it.

The cap is probably going up pretty big in a few years, and this deal doesn't kick in until the year after next (right?). There's no way this deal could be one of the worst ever at like 12 or 13 per when the cap is pushing $120. The Knicks are still paying Noah 6.4 million to not be on their roster after they stretched him

1629846106257.jpeg

Jared Dudley has been mentioned as a coaching candidate, thought he might stay in LA, but he — like Jason Kidd — is taking his talents to Dallas.

Trivia question: what NBA franchise has the lowest scoring all-time leading scorer?

Less than two months till another opening, another show, let the big old, bad old weekly rankings begin.

Wish they would do tiers as well.

I think the Nets/Bucks/Lakers are in tier one and then there is a steep drop off. I think the Suns are overrated. Without injuries they probably lose at least round 1 and round 3 in last year's playoffs and maybe round 2 as well.

I think the Dubs will be better than that ranking.

Wish they would do tiers as well.

I think the Nets/Bucks/Lakers are in tier one and then there is a steep drop off. I think the Suns are overrated. Without injuries they probably lose at least round 1 and round 3 in last year's playoffs and maybe round 2 as well.

I think the Dubs will be better than that ranking.

It's an interesting take on the Suns; if Lebron and AD are healthy there's a really good chance they do lose in round 1, but also, if those guys are healthy then the Lakers aren't a 7 seed in the first place.

The Suns were a 2 seed, they earned the right to play a lesser team in round 1; it would've been a brutal break for them to play a fully healthy Laker team in round 1.

That said, they probably are overrated a little. I wouldn't put them in tier 1. So I don't really know my point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom