NBA Thread 2021-22 Season | Page 48 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2021-22 Season

I know this isn’t the H0T Takes thread, but passing along a discussion I’ve had with friends.

Is Bill Russell comparable to Ben Wallace? Perhaps a slightly better offensive Ben Wallace?

My buddy who thinks Wilt is the best ever has made this hot take and thinks Russell in top ten lists is crazy, let alone over Wilt.

I know this isn’t the H0T Takes thread, but passing along a discussion I’ve had with friends.

Is Bill Russell comparable to Ben Wallace? Perhaps a slightly better offensive Ben Wallace?

My buddy who thinks Wilt is the best ever has made this hot take and thinks Russell in top ten lists is crazy, let alone over Wilt.
Russell supposedly was an incredible leader and sacrificed a lot of his own stats in the interests of winning.

Wallace could be force fed the ball and the dude just wasn't ever going to score.

Very exciting race on top of the Eastern Conference. 1.5 games separates 1st and 5th place right now.

Screenshot_20220203-033844.png

good time to bring this up again…

This is nothing against LeBron….he’s one of the few best basketball players of all time, he’s still one of the best in the league, and he led the Lakers to a championship. And I like him too. I think given the insane amount of fame he’s had since high school, he seems like about as good of a guy as you can expect.

But I feel zero attachment as a fan, and will recover quickly if he moves on to another team.

Love a hot take and god knows I have defended hotter ones but...

Very hot take. Not really all that accurate but HOT!! Understanding there weren't a ton of NBA teams back then but Russell was a 5 time MVP, 11 time champion, 2 time NCAA champ. First black player coach. His place in the history of the game of basketball as one of the best to ever play is pretty well deserved and I don't particularly like comparing players from the 50's to the 2000's, game changes so much.

This is nothing against LeBron….he’s one of the few best basketball players of all time, he’s still one of the best in the league, and he led the Lakers to a championship. And I like him too. I think given the insane amount of fame he’s had since high school, he seems like about as good of a guy as you can expect.

But I feel zero attachment as a fan, and will recover quickly if he moves on to another team.
I feel like if Lebron really wanted to make a serious move on MJ's claim as the best ever, once he won his ring with the Cavs he should have signed one year deals with a bunch of franchises that hadn't won a championship yet and see how many new titles he could bring to franchises.

But he opted for the Lakers, so, I mean... Jordan rules.

Love a hot take and god knows I have defended hotter ones but...

Very hot take. Not really all that accurate but HOT!! Understanding there weren't a ton of NBA teams back then but Russell was a 5 time MVP, 11 time champion, 2 time NCAA champ. First black player coach. His place in the history of the game of basketball as one of the best to ever play is pretty well deserved and I don't particularly like comparing players from the 50's to the 2000's, game changes so much.
I know, it’s a hot one. Doesn’t have Bill top 20 ever. And he’s knowledgeable about the game (most of the time).

What do you think of all star reserves? With green and durant out there will be replacements. Murray should be in.

What do you think of all star reserves? With green and durant out there will be replacements. Murray should be in.
They picked the wrong Buck to be the reserve. Jrue has easily been our #2 this year. Seems Middleton got a frontcourt spot and therefore Jrue wasn’t eligible for it.

Looks like a Simmons-Harden deal might happen before the deadline.

I actually think it would be a win/win for both teams. Unfortunately as I do not like neither. Simmons is a very good 3rd wheel due to his defence, and it seemed like the big 3 Nets are starting to have some problems with playing style. Also looks like the Nets would get a few parts to add to their bench.

Sixers get the highest impact player in the deal if it goes through.

They picked the wrong Buck to be the reserve. Jrue has easily been our #2 this year. Seems Middleton got a frontcourt spot and therefore Jrue wasn’t eligible for it.

I think Toronto and Milwaukee should have swapped all stars.

Holiday instead of Van Vleet at guard
Siakam instead of Middleton at forward

FVV was on fire for the first 2/3rd's of the games played this year which stoked his claim to be an all star. Siakam started slowly but has been great the last 20-25 games or so.