NBA Thread 2021-22 Season | Page 49 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2021-22 Season

I think Toronto and Milwaukee should have swapped all stars.

Holiday instead of Van Vleet at guard
Siakam instead of Middleton at forward

FVV was on fire for the first 2/3rd's of the games played this year which stoked his claim to be an all star. Siakam started slowly but has been great the last 20-25 games or so.
It seems like there’s a real lack of all star buzz around Siakam for some reason and I don’t know why.

It seems like there’s a real lack of all star buzz around Siakam for some reason and I don’t know why.
I would take him on my team any day. He's a lunch pail guy. Not flashy but puts up great numbers.

NBA Trivia Time.

Can you name the 4 career PER leaders amongst active NBA players (minimum 2500 minutes played)?

Good trade for the Clippers. Powell's contract is a bit long, but Ballmer will lkely just roll it into another contract when (if) it becomes bad in the last year or two.

I thought Blazers could have extracted a bit more from somebody -- surprised that was the best offer out there.

NBA Trivia Time.

Can you name the 4 career PER leaders amongst active NBA players (minimum 2500 minutes played)?
I'm gonna go... Greek Freak, The Joker, the Durantula, and King James

NBA Trivia Time.

Lebron, Kawai, Yannis, Chris Paul

Looks like a Simmons-Harden deal might happen before the deadline.

I actually think it would be a win/win for both teams. Unfortunately as I do not like neither. Simmons is a very good 3rd wheel due to his defence, and it seemed like the big 3 Nets are starting to have some problems with playing style. Also looks like the Nets would get a few parts to add to their bench.

Sixers get the highest impact player in the deal if it goes through.

Lol. The Brooklyn Nets will be the best team ever assembled to never win anything.

Lol. The Brooklyn Nets will be the best team ever assembled to never win anything.
I think a Simmons for Harden trade greatly improves them though. It greatly balances out their team.

but that would be under the context of expecting Kyrie to be a reliable franchise player type and, well….good luck.

It would be good for the Sixers too since Simmons isn’t even playing.

Would LOVE to see the trade happen and then both teams meet in the ECF at full strength.

I think a Simmons for Harden trade greatly improves them though. It greatly balances out their team.

but that would be under the context of expecting Kyrie to be a reliable franchise player type and, well….good luck.

It would be good for the Sixers too since Simmons isn’t even playing.

Would LOVE to see the trade happen and then both teams meet in the ECF at full strength.
Not going to happen though. Kyrie isn’t going to get a shot and Harden is fat and aging fast IMO.

I'm gonna go... Greek Freak, The Joker, the Durantula, and King James

2 of them are right - James and Jokic.
Durant is very close at 25.2 and in fifth place.
Giannis is at 24.2 and in ninth place.
4th place was 25.9.

The reason for the quiz is that #4 is very unexpected. It is also the reason that I put a lower"2500 minute minimum criteria".

A couple clues on person #4
- He is in his 7th NBA season and on his 5th NBA team
- He has never played more than 700 minutes in any season
- International Player

Not going to happen though. Kyrie isn’t going to get a shot and Harden is fat and aging fast IMO.

The Nets are currently in danger of falling to a play-in game position.

They are currently in 6th, but only a .5 game in front of Toronto, 1 game in front of Boston, and a 1.5 game ahead of Charlotte.

2 of them are right - James and Jokic.
Durant is very close at 25.2 and in fifth place.
Giannis is at 24.2 and in ninth place.
4th place was 25.9.

The reason for the quiz is that #4 is very unexpected. It is also the reason that I put a lower"2500 minute minimum criteria".

A couple clues on person #4
- He is in his 7th NBA season and on his 5th NBA team
- He has never played more than 700 minutes in any season
- International Player

The list is as follows:
#1 - Lebron James
#2 - Anthony Davis
#3 - Nikola Jokic
and #4 - Boban Marjanovic who has a career PER of 25.7

Boban has averaged 23 pts / 15 rebounds per 36 minutes on 63% TS.

The list is as follows:
#1 - Lebron James
#2 - Anthony Davis
#3 - Nikola Jokic
and #4 - Boban Marjanovic who has a career PER of 25.7

Boban has averaged 23 pts / 15 rebounds per 36 minutes on 63% TS.
I don’t think Boban has enough minutes to actually qualify. If that’s the case, Durant is #4 according to this list:

I don’t think Boban has enough minutes to actually qualify. If that’s the case, Durant is #4 according to this list:

That is why I put the 2500 minute qualifier at the end of my trivia question

"Can you name the 4 career PER leaders amongst active NBA players (minimum 2500 minutes played)?"

It’ll be interesting to see how Levert fits in there. Certainly a talent upgrade and they could use his skills. Not sure if it’ll actually improve them though.

They’re a real fun team though.

Teams I will be happy with if they win the chip this year:

Bucks (I think Giannis is going to be a top 10 player of all time and will compete for top five when he retires)

Cavs (love watching this team)

Suns (I hate Sarver, but really enjoy the guys on the team and Monty)

Clippers (I absolutely want Kawhi to come back and make a run to have like three of the most outrageous FMVPs of all time)

Also fine if teams like Mavs, Grizz, or Dubs win.

Also, just for the hilarity and outrage, if Harden gets traded to the 76ers and they win, oh man the takes will be sizzling.