NBA Thread 2021-22 Season | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2021-22 Season

It's an interesting take on the Suns; if Lebron and AD are healthy there's a really good chance they do lose in round 1, but also, if those guys are healthy then the Lakers aren't a 7 seed in the first place.

The Suns were a 2 seed, they earned the right to play a lesser team in round 1; it would've been a brutal break for them to play a fully healthy Laker team in round 1.

That said, they probably are overrated a little. I wouldn't put them in tier 1. So I don't really know my point.

I'm fine putting them in the second tier. I like the team. They have some real solid role players on top of Book and CP3. Ayton really showed up last year.

Very good team. Just not elite in my eyes.

I’d have to give it more thought about how small the tiers are but my initial thought is I wouldn’t have Phoenix in Tier 2 either.

I'm fine putting them in the second tier. I like the team. They have some real solid role players on top of Book and CP3. Ayton really showed up last year.

Very good team. Just not elite in my eyes.

I can buy that, especially because there's always the chance Paul falls off the cliff. I guess I just wanted to defend them a little, at least for last season

No offense to Milwaukee as they were a worthy champion, but if the Nets are healthy they are the clear favorite above any other team.
Yeah, I think if Brooklyn is fully healthy, it would be very shocking if they don't win it all. Honestly shouldn't be all that competitive either.

But I think you have to factor their injury issues into it and that probably bumps them down to the same tier as the Lakers and Bucks.

Yeah, I think if Brooklyn is fully healthy, it would be very shocking if they don't win it all. Honestly shouldn't be all that competitive either.

But I think you have to factor their injury issues into it and that probably bumps them down to the same tier as the Lakers and Bucks.

Right, it seems pretty obvious a fully healthy Net team is the favorite. But, Kyrie has finished like 4 of the last 5 seasons with an injury? Something like that. Harden has been unbelievably durable, but A) he finished last season hurt, and B) he, uh, doesn't exactly strike me as the kind of guy who will age gracefully to his (alleged!) extracurriculars.

Durant; well. there are plenty of reasons to think he could be an injury worry as well, but did you see him in his first season off that achilles tear? Not going to doubt him.

Less than two months till another opening, another show, let the big old, bad old weekly rankings begin.

I see the Bulls outperforming their #19 ranking.. closer to 10 than 20.

Right, it seems pretty obvious a fully healthy Net team is the favorite. But, Kyrie has finished like 4 of the last 5 seasons with an injury? Something like that. Harden has been unbelievably durable, but A) he finished last season hurt, and B) he, uh, doesn't exactly strike me as the kind of guy who will age gracefully to his (alleged!) extracurriculars.

Durant; well. there are plenty of reasons to think he could be an injury worry as well, but did you see him in his first season off that achilles tear? Not going to doubt him.
Re: Kyrie, I read something the other day that was saying dating back to college, he's missed like 27-30% of games and I know he's generally missed a decent amount every year.

Re: Kyrie, I read something the other day that was saying dating back to college, he's missed like 27-30% of games and I know he's generally missed a decent amount every year.

He's had injuries every year going back to Duke. Every. Single. Year.

He has played a few seasons where he got more than 70 regular season games in, but still was hurt during times of those years even.

The good thing if you're the Nets is you really don't need Kyrie to win the title. Obviously it's better if you have him, but if you have KD and Harden firing, with their role players, they still might be the favorite.

The good thing if you're the Nets is you really don't need Kyrie to win the title. Obviously it's better if you have him, but if you have KD and Harden firing, with their role players, they still might be the favorite.
I think they're beatable if any of the big 3 aren't there, but yeah, they're still arguably the #1 team if they have Durant and Harden.

I think they're beatable if any of the big 3 aren't there, but yeah, they're still arguably the #1 team if they have Durant and Harden.

In a different world where the timing of the transactions was different, I've wondered if the Nets would've been better off with say Durant and Harden, and then not going for the third star and keeping the other depth they traded away to get Harden. So basically, if they never did the Harden trade, but instead it would've been for Kyrie, and they would've built around KD and Harden? Confusing enough for you? Basically Harden is a level above Kyrie, so while I think they were smart to make the Harden trade, I wonder if the construction of Harden/KD + assorted depth is better than the Big 3 with the lesser (though still solid) supporting cast. When the trade first went down, I think I was on the side of saying you'd rather have the big 2 and depth, but honestly, they still have some pretty good depth now, and you have 3 guys, so you can lose one and still be alive.

Very innaresting.

Cavs got their new and much younger stretch 4 in Lauri Markkanen.

Bulls get the 1st rounder (lottery protected from Portland thru 2028) in return that they were holding out for in addition to Derrick Jones Jr. and a Cavs 2nd rounder.

Blazers get Nance Jr.

Now, I just hope the league doesn't snatch the newly acquired 1st from their "investigation." The United Center will be loud again with Ball running the show and all the high flyers dunking everything.

Lakers, huh? They gonna sign Luc Mbah a Moute and Darren Collison, too?
Not sure, but they apparently are in talks with Bill Walton.

Meanwhile, back on the rumor mill, it appears Love isn’t giving any money back to the Cavs.

Not sure, but they apparently are in talks with Bill Walton.

Meanwhile, back on the rumor mill, it appears Love isn’t giving any money back to the Cavs.

I would make him show up and sit on the bench.

I would make him show up and sit on the bench.
Still gets his 60M. I am sure they can buy him out, for the full contract.
The players gets out 50% of revenues, the owner the rest. The owner can afford to pay it out. Don’t make bad deals is the lesson.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom