NBA Thread 2021-22 Season | Page 35 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2021-22 Season

NBA fans: “LeBron wouldn’t make it in the 80s-90s! If he went to the basket, Charles Oakley would clothesline him in the throat out of mid air!”

Also NBA fans: “LeBron hit him in the face and made him bleed and I am appalled!!”

Do we like and celebrate dirty ball or not?

NBA fans: “LeBron wouldn’t make it in the 80s-90s! If he went to the basket, Charles Oakley would clothesline him in the throat out of mid air!”

Also NBA fans: “LeBron hit him in the face and made him bleed and I am appalled!!”

I love it. It makes for great story lines. Bring back bully ball!

I love it. It makes for great story lines. Bring back bully ball!
In all seriousness, I don’t think you can have that style of game now. These guys are way too big and strong.

The notion that the 6’8 225 guys in the 80’s who were physical being able to do something with LeBron has always been funny to me. What’s even funnier is when they bring up big oafs like Lambieer. Lol.

Bron hit him jostling for position, on purpose. Those guys would look you in the eye and throw a punch. Huge difference.

Dr J and Bird legitimately fought. Bron isn’t about that.

Detroit at LA Sunday night. Thank you, Mr. Schedule Maker! #giddyup

I was going to say unfortunately Stewart will be suspended.

Then I decided to check - he only got 2 games. Surprised. But good.

Bron hit him jostling for position, on purpose. Those guys would look you in the eye and throw a punch. Huge difference.

I think there would certainly be some guys in today's NBA that would be willing to throw them down and fight regularly if the consequences to such were the same as the 80's. For example Serge Ibaka.

Hell you watched games in the 80s, guys would throw punches, tackles, vicious elbows and not even get thrown out of the game or even a flagrant -- just a common foul. I don't even think the concept of "flagrant" foul existed back then.

Last edited:
the rockets continue their historical March to their rightful spot as worst nba team in history. I’m not sure they win another game this year unless they face a team with about 7 COVID casualties

Silas is a moron … he continues to sit Senguin for the majority of the game despite the fact he’s the best player on the team .. it’s baffling

Jalen green is a dime a dozen smallish type guard who can jump high .. whooopdy dang Doooo

Yeah, I was more referring to the people who act like the cheap crap teams like the Pistons and Knicks were doing to guys when they drove, was a positive for the game. Or things like Rambis getting clotheslined. That’s not basketball. IMO.

The days of squaring up were squashed by the huge suspensions guys started getting after Detroit-Indiana. Like Melo getting 15 games for that fight with the Knicks. Nobody is going to be willing to miss that many checks and games to scrap it out.

Yeah, I was more referring to the people who act like the cheap crap teams like the Pistons and Knicks were doing to guys when they drove, was a positive for the game. Or things like Rambis getting clotheslined. That’s not basketball. IMO.

The days of squaring up were squashed by the huge suspensions guys started getting after Detroit-Indiana. Like Melo getting 15 games for that fight with the Knicks. Nobody is going to be willing to miss that many checks and games to scrap it out.

Oh man, that Rambis clothesline…

The Early 90’s Pistons we’re extremely dirty.

The mid to late 90’s to 2000’s Knicks, Heat, Pacers and Pistons were more physical than dirty. Even the Bulls had that element too them with their bigs. It would never be Jordan doing the dirty work.

That said the rule changes have really cleaned up the game, but the theater around some of those series from about 93-2005 were must see TV and a lot of that was due to the storylines involved rather than the quality of ball.

There’s no doubt the game is healthier today than it was then. That Pistons/Spurs Finals in 05 was the end of the bully ball era.

The improvement of Jordan Poole since he came into the association is remarkable. He could not hit water from a boat his rookie year and 2 years later he’s averaging 18 a game. Steve Kerr is going to have a tough time giving everyone minutes once Klay and Wiseman return.

I’d love to know. He’s certainly heard it all in 19 years and doesn’t have a history of calling in security.

FWIW, there’s this.

That’s definitely messed up, and while I think it’s a ***** move from a guy who has no problem taking shots at people on Twitter, if they were asked to cool it multiple times by security - eventually you get what’s coming to you.

I’d love to know. He’s certainly heard it all in 19 years and doesn’t have a history of calling in security.

FWIW, there’s this.
This is why the Malice at the Palace reactions were a bad thing.

The thought that, this guy “could” come over here and punch me in the face can curb a lot of negative behaviors.