NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 102 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

I personally think Boston is the best team out there but it’s kind of a beauty is in the eye of the beholder this year. Nobody looks particularly great and it seems like the regular season was lazier than ever. I’m not really sure how much we can use net rating anymore with half the teams flat out not trying on a nightly basis.

Yeah, for the East, I'm choosing the best player, Giannis.

Tatum disappearing a bit and Brown being a two dribble and nothing in the Finals last year, has me very hesitant about Boston. I know they are regular season good, but I'm not sure they can get to the final level needed.

It'd be nice for the Kings to make a run, but I think they end up getting bounced by the Warriors in 6. I know everyone thinks the west is wide open, but I'll be surprised if Phoenix or Golden State don't end up winning it.

Suns are 8-0 with Durant.

He's the best player in the Western Conference Playoffs (sorry Jokic, Kawhi, Bron and Steph).

It's a good bet to bet on him. I don't like the Suns, but it's tough to see them and not see them going far.

I'm a bit more bearish on the Dubs because they *should* be good assuming everyone falls back into place, but they were so bad on the road and Wiggins, the second best player on the team in the Finals, just got back... and Sac Town can score... a LOT.

Suns are 8-0 with Durant.

He's the best player in the Western Conference Playoffs (sorry Jokic, Kawhi, Bron and Steph).

It's a good bet to bet on him. I don't like the Suns, but it's tough to see them and not see them going far.

I'm a bit more bearish on the Dubs because they *should* be good assuming everyone falls back into place, but they were so bad on the road and Wiggins, the second best player on the team in the Finals, just got back... and Sac Town can score... a LOT.

If you filter cleaning the glass with 5 man units that played at least 200 possessions together, the best 5 man unit in the league is: Steph/Klay/Wiggins/Draymond/Looney. +22.1 per 100. 2nd place is a Bucks 5 man unit at +19.9. (donte in for Wiggins is the 4th best lineup)

So the Warriors argument is pretty clean. Defending champions, they have the pedigree, they have the units that have played awesome together this season even. Just, I would've liked to see a little more out of them. Like, anything.

If you filter cleaning the glass with 5 man units that played at least 200 possessions together, the best 5 man unit in the league is: Steph/Klay/Wiggins/Draymond/Looney. +22.1 per 100. 2nd place is a Bucks 5 man unit at +19.9. (donte in for Wiggins is the 4th best lineup)

So the Warriors argument is pretty clean. Defending champions, they have the pedigree, they have the units that have played awesome together this season even. Just, I would've liked to see a little more out of them. Like, anything.
The road record might be the strangest stat I’ve ever seen

Is cleaning the glass a site with nba stats?

Is cleaning the glass a site with nba stats?

yes and it filters out garbage time . I also started using it this year because the nba stats site got worse and took away some of the ability to check team lineup splits

yes and it filters out garbage time . I also started using it this year because the nba stats site got worse and took away some of the ability to check team lineup splits
What’s the top 5 lineups? Very curious

Yeah, I still need to see it with Wiggins back in after being out so long, especially against a team in Round 1 that can score in bunches. Not saying they shouldn't win, but they are just getting back and, again, their road record is sooooo bad.

What’s the top 5 lineups? Very curious
Filtering it down to lineups that played at least 300 possessions together this season:
  1. GSW - Steph, Klay, Wiggins, Draymond, Looney
  2. MIL - Jrue, Jevon Carter, Grayson Allen, Giannis, Brook
  3. GSW - Steph, DiVincenzo, Klay, Draymond, Looney
  4. DEN - KCP, Bruce Brown, Porter, Aaron Gordon, Jokic
  5. CLE - Garland, Mitchell, LeVert, Mobley, Allen
  6. MEM - Morant, Brooks, Konchar, JJJ, Adams (out for the playoffs)
  7. WAS - Monte Morris, Beal, Avdija, Kuzma, Porzingis
  8. MIN - Russell, Edwards, McDaniels, Anderson, Gobert
  9. CHI - Beverley, Caruso, LaVine, DeRozan, Vucevic
  10. MIA - Lowry, Herro, Strus, Cody Martin, Bam

Filtering it down to lineups that played at least 300 possessions together this season:

The Wizards having the 7th best is pretty amazing. Everyone else on that list is at least still playing

Wolves totally collapsed. Honestly sad the Lakers barely stole that game.

That was a really, really sloppy game late. Was really not well played both ways.

Conley tried his best to will those dummies to a win. Respect to him. Towns is just a loser b-ball player.

Lakers really didn’t play well, but I’ll take it. Bring on those studio gangsters from Memphis.

#10 is pretty crazy to me. Also the wizards? And Konchar over bane?

Conley tried his best to will those dummies to a win. Respect to him. Towns is just a loser b-ball player.

Lakers really didn’t play well, but I’ll take it. Bring on those studio gangsters from Memphis.
Only good thing about Lakers Vs Grizz is one team is absolutely eliminated

James was pretty terrible late too. Just bad bball in many ways that game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom