NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 104 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

Maybe it had something to do with Towns standing 25 feet from the hoop on every possesion?

Meanwhile AD worked him in the paint, like a man.

The Wolves took 10 more 3’s.

The Lakers grabbed 11 more rebounds.

Stunning that the stronger inside team whose perimeter players attack the paint(LeBron, Schroeder) shot more FT’s than the disjointed mess of a goofball team who couldn’t do anything but Jack bad jumpers or throw the ball away the whole 4th quarter.
While the Wolves didn’t help themselves, there’s no question officiating was a factor. An entire half without a free throw attempt? Come on, man. The game went to OT. If the calls were only slightly more balanced, the Wolves would have won in regulation.

According to CBS, the Lakers had six more rebounds. Regardless, the Wolves shot better from the field, from outside, and from the line. They had more assists, blocks, and steals.

And that’s pretty much how things have played out for the Lakers since the break. They get outplayed in virtually every category except free throws and the free throw disparity winds up being the difference in the ballgame. The opponent’s style of play doesn’t matter. Teams that make as much of a living inside don’t get the calls either.

The Lakers have benefited from officiating for decades. Everyone knows it.

Hilarious….

I give her my thanks. I would prefer to have a few more lotto balls than trying to watch this team try to "compete" against the Bucks.

Raps are a mess. Great thing we traded our 2024 first (top 6 protected) for Poeltl a UFA -- at least 2024 is a weak draft. Both teams tonight, Raps and Bulls, could have been benefitted from trying to reign it (trading a few veternas) during the year because they really have no shot
Appears that last year was a giant tease. I suppose, its possible that we follow the Knicks trend one year later (who had a great 2021, disappointing 2022, and rebounding 2023). But that is the upside with this roster which will be all be capped out.

Granted he struggled down the stretch, but so many people calling KAT out when Edwards was like 1/14 shooting before he got a couple breakaways at the end. Passed up an easy finish that could have brought them back within 1 or even tied too.

KAT at least had the foul excuse (though I suppose Edwards had the excuse that he hit the floor pretty hard earlier in the game). All those switches they got for KAT down the stretch didn’t really matter because he was afraid to pick up his 6th foul if he got physical with anyone.

I also think it was just a terrible strategic decision to slow the game down the way Minnesota did. They were even passing up east transition opportunities to take the clock down and take bad shots. As is usual with Minnesota, just an all around mess of a an effort from everyone involved.
TWolves are a hot mess. They are currently favored by 4.5 over OKC in an elimination game Friday night. Not sure I see Minn advancing.

Can Durant play 6 consecutive games without getting injured?
Can LBJ? Davis? Steph? Who knows? If any Lakers get hurt, they will probably delay the playoffs until they are healthy.

I give her my thanks. I would prefer to have a few more lotto balls than trying to watch this team try to "compete" against the Bucks.

Raps are a mess. Great thing we traded our 2024 first (top 6 protected) for Poeltl a UFA -- at least 2024 is a weak draft. Both teams tonight, Raps and Bulls, could have been benefitted from trying to reign it (trading a few veternas) during the year because they really have no shot
Appears that last year was a giant tease. I suppose, its possible that we follow the Knicks trend one year later (who had a great 2021, disappointing 2022, and rebounding 2023). But that is the upside with this roster which will be all be capped out.
Sat behind the hoop in front of Memphis fans at an NCAA game during the Cal years. Little kid did the same thing the whole game. May have been the most annoying two hours of a live event I have ever experienced in my life.

Zion has been in the association for 4 seasons and played a grand total of 114 games. What a waste.

TWolves are a hot mess. They are currently favored by 4.5 over OKC in an elimination game Friday night. Not sure I see Minn advancing.
Thunder about to break whatever's left of the Wolves soul.
Zion has been in the association for 4 seasons and played a grand total of 114 games. What a waste.
He always had such a huge potential range between bust and all-time great. I actually give New Orleans a lot of credit for being relatively decent these last few years without him.

Thunder about to break whatever's left of the Wolves soul.

He always had such a huge potential range between bust and all-time great. I actually give New Orleans a lot of credit for being relatively decent these last few years without him.

Yeah Pels had first winning season in 5 years and Ingram/CJ/Zion played a whopping 10 games together all year. Zion needs to lose weight and get some serious TB 12 type training going. He came into the season in really good shape but that simply isn't enough. I think everyone has about had it with him and his people. Fans, players and franchise but not much they can do. Ingram missing an extended period of time doesn't help either as it takes him 10-15 games to get back into good form as well. CJ played last 30 games with a broken thumb and bum shoulder as well. Losing Alvarado hurt too and Nance was a corpse the last 15 games trying to play on a bum ankle. Trey Murphy made a huge jump this year as well. They need to make some trades and use the draft pick assets

Thunder going to be really tough moving forward

It's such a shame with Zion because I really do think he is a special player. But it sure seems like we're just never going to get to see it for any extended period of time
Maybe it's the Duke thing but he's just never really captured my attention.

Other than busting on him, I should say.

I get it. But he was the one Duke player who I actually enjoyed watching!
He is (was?) just electric in a way that is a little hard for me to describe. But from a pure enjoyment perspective I probably enjoyed watching him play more than maybe any player ever. Just a complete force of nature.

Even this season, the guy took 11.8 shots per game in the restricted area. 11.8! The only guy even close to him was Giannis at 11.4, third was Lebron at 8.4. In 2021, he took 13.4 shots a game in the restricted area, Giannis was second at 9! Peak Shaq appears to be around 9 a game as well.

He is (was?) just electric in a way that is a little hard for me to describe. But from a pure enjoyment perspective I probably enjoyed watching him play more than maybe any player ever. Just a complete force of nature.

Even this season, the guy took 11.8 shots per game in the restricted area. 11.8! The only guy even close to him was Giannis at 11.4, third was Lebron at 8.4. In 2021, he took 13.4 shots a game in the restricted area, Giannis was second at 9! Peak Shaq appears to be around 9 a game as well.

Yeah, people are forgetting about Zion for obvious reasons (...actually playing) but not sure most realize just how ridiculous he actually is when playing. He is quite literally off the charts from an efficiency in the paint standpoint.

Yeah, people are forgetting about Zion for obvious reasons (...actually playing) but not sure most realize just how ridiculous he actually is when playing. He is quite literally off the charts from an efficiency in the paint standpoint.
Yes, I agree he has the evolutionary peak in fat man game.

Had a Polynesian buddy in college that was like 5 foot 10 but the most deadly post player I've ever been around, because the dude was as wide as a Toyota Tacoma. If he sealed the post and made a clean catch of the entry pass, there was nothing anybody could do. Instant bucket.

I respect fat man game. I do.

But at the professional level, it's fun to make fun of it.

Right and the absolutely insane thing is not just the efficiency, but the volume. It's like basically impossible to generate as many shots in the paint as he does.

It's a little similar, but I guess not exactly, to Steph. Steph averages like 16-17 3's attempted per 100 possessions, it's hard to get that many shots up. (Though we're starting to see Dame catch up to him)

It's such a shame with Zion because I really do think he is a special player. But it sure seems like we're just never going to get to see it for any extended period of time

I have a feeling he’ll end up healthy in time to con another team into signing him to a huge contract (please not the Knicks).

Yeah Pels had first winning season in 5 years and Ingram/CJ/Zion played a whopping 10 games together all year. Zion needs to lose weight and get some serious TB 12 type training going. He came into the season in really good shape but that simply isn't enough. I think everyone has about had it with him and his people. Fans, players and franchise but not much they can do. Ingram missing an extended period of time doesn't help either as it takes him 10-15 games to get back into good form as well. CJ played last 30 games with a broken thumb and bum shoulder as well. Losing Alvarado hurt too and Nance was a corpse the last 15 games trying to play on a bum ankle. Trey Murphy made a huge jump this year as well. They need to make some trades and use the draft pick assets

Thunder going to be really tough moving forward
Going to be interesting to see how Holmgren fits in with the Thunder next year. GIddy and SGA are very tough individually and as a tandem.

Zion's 5 year max extension kicks in next season, so we're a long ways off from his next contract

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom