NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 114 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

Grizz down 24 at the moment, with Brooks shooting 1-9.
Lakers have some nice chemistry with the new guys. Also, Anthony Davis is playing as well as anyone right now. Oh diggity! Brooks gone on the intentional nut shot. It's an epidemic.

Lakers have some nice chemistry with the new guys. Also, Anthony Davis is playing as well as anyone right now. Oh diggity! Brooks gone on the intentional nut shot. It's an epidemic.
AD with an uncalled push off right after

Brad Marchand is a strange comparison in my view. Sure they are both dirty and annoying on the court but it ends at that. Marchand is one of the best players in the NHL, at least between 2016 and 2021. And well Green isn't close to that. Marchand is a probable Hall of Famer, based on his own merits, not based on playing a very solid role piggybacking other great players.

Marchand was a legit top 10 scorer in the NHL between 2017 and 2021, while being a good defensive forward. 3rd in scoring in 2021, 6th in 2020, 5th in 2019, 13th in 2018, 5th in 2017.
His scoring is down this year on a very balanced team - but he is still the second best scorer on the team with one of the top regular season records of all time.

And I hate the Bruins and Marchand - feel a little dirty praising him so much!.
I literally said he is like a Marchand without skill. I can't think of a current dirtier NHL player who actually also has no skill (because those dudes no longer exist in the league anymore). Cooke from Pittsburgh was dirty but he's gone.

Last edited:
What is with the Nut shots in the NBA playoffs? Freud would have something interesting to say about all this.
Yeah, it’s nutty. I wonder if, like so many other things, stuff just gets into the heads of players and they are sometimes on autopilot. You know how everyone does that Jordan Shrug thing after a crazy shot or a hot streak from 3? Imitation, as a not entirely purposeful reaction.

Deez nutz shots… some I think are intentional. Harden’s looked like he had time to assess, and get annoyed at the pressure, and he just acted badly. Dillon Brooks’ seemed like Lebron made a move and shifted the ball to the other side of his body and Brooks was trying to poke the ball away as he was spinning to react. But, it’s difficult to see how or why he would have done that intentionally, without any cover. That one just seemed like the Costanza/Fusilli Jerry incident—million to one shot—that just happened to come between these two ‘combatants’ on the heels of two separate incidents. But, even as I type that I feel like I’m being naive, because Brooks is kind of a tool….

I know that there are a lot of Knicks fans here, but through the first 3+ games, this series has been brutal to watch.

It’s been bad basketball. Brutal shooting. Both teams were pretty good on offense this year, so I’m not sure what’s going on other than two young teams without a ton of playoff experience beyond Brunson and Mitchell.

I know that there are a lot of Knicks fans here, but through the first 3+ games, this series has been brutal to watch.

I can agree with that. The first quarter on Friday was a truly awful 12 minutes.

BUT 3-1 BABY

It’s been bad basketball. Brutal shooting. Both teams were pretty good on offense this year, so I’m not sure what’s going on other than two young teams without a ton of playoff experience beyond Brunson and Mitchell.

Cavs did have the number one defense in the league, and while the Knicks rated highly in offense it was not due to their shooting. It was offensive rebounds and lack of turnovers.

I can agree with that. The first quarter on Friday was a truly awful 12 minutes.

BUT 3-1 BABY

Cavs did have the number one defense in the league, and while the Knicks rated highly in offense it was not due to their shooting. It was offensive rebounds and lack of turnovers.
Knicks are in really, really nice shape this series.

Green might have brain damage
Seriously defective human being.

After all that has happened, he comes in, puts his thumb into someone’s eye and starts jawing with Fox. Ughhh.

I‘ve been a Golden State fan for a while but at this point my disgust for/hate of Draymond outweighs my like of the entire rest of the team. I actually hope Sac wins.

Sickening, also, the fan ‘support’ of him just because he’s wearing your colors. Reminiscent of politics…. Tribalism/homerism, reflective of limited intellects. Surprising to see so,e of that in the expensive seats in this arena. Emblematic of the truth that money and intelligence don’t always coincide.

BUT 3-1 BABY

Yeah I’m actually more surprised at the Cavs’ offensive ineptitude. The Knicks D improved with the Hart acquisition, but it’s not at the level of completely shutting down an offense. Randle and Mitchell seemed to be having an out-awful one another competition today. The difference is that the Knicks have a deeper roster of guys to rely on when Randle is off IMO.

Yeah I’m actually more surprised at the Cavs’ offensive ineptitude. The Knicks D improved with the Hart acquisition, but it’s not at the level of completely shutting down an offense. Randle and Mitchell seemed to be having an out-awful one another competition today. The difference is that the Knicks have a deeper roster of guys to rely on when Randle is off IMO.
It's true, the Knicks are resilient with a lot of nice players.
They didn't miss Grimes today, and essentially Julius didn't show up either. No matter.

Was worried that Garland, LaVert, or Osmond (or all 3) would get hot in 2nd half to cover for Mitchell.
They missed a lot of big shots.

Knicks big guys have outplayed the dynamic duo of Mobley/Allen -surprised and pleased by that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom