NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 132 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

He was the point guard the entire time playing with Paxson, Kerr, Harper, and Bj Armstrong. Those guys were all spot up shooters.
I remembered it that way as well, but history does not. All the guys you mentioned were considered PGs. Harper played SG his first year in Chicago, when Jordan was playing baseball.

I remembered it that way as well, but history does not. All the guys you mentioned were considered PGs. Harper played SG his first year in Chicago, when Jordan was playing baseball.
Triangle is kinda its own thing though. Pippen and Harper did their share of ball handling too.

Anyone think Wilt would average 60 and 30 in today's NBA? I was asked this.

And I should add, I think that's absolutely INSANE.

Last edited:
Anyone think Wilt would average 60 and 30 in today's NBA? I was asked this.

He would put up games like that, for sure. I don't think he would average those numbers, though.
Wasn't his best season "only" 50 points a game?
He's more athletic than both Shaq and Kareem. He was strong as hell, a great athlete.
I think he was better than Embiid, KAT.
Giannis is kind of at Wilt's level as an athletic specimen, but Wilt was a monster on the boards.

He would put up games like that, for sure. I don't think he would average those numbers, though.
He's more athletic than both Shaq and Kareem. He was strong as hell, a great athlete.
Giannis is kind of at Wilt's level as an athletic specimen, but Wilt was a monster on the boards.
50 and 25

50 and 25

I would honestly believe 40-45 points, 25 rebounds and a few blocks (and assists) per game. Wilt really got better later in his career when he was surrounded by some crazy talent on the Lakers.

I would honestly believe 40-45 points, 25 rebounds and a few blocks (and assists) per game. Wilt really got better later in his career when he was surrounded by some crazy talent on the Lakers.
Did he? Seemed he peaked early on and got crushed routinely by Bill Russell.

I think that's significantly underestimating Wilt.
They played a lot more possessions in the 60’s and shooting percentages were much worse. He’d probably be around the best rebounder in the NBA while averaging 25-30 points. He averaged way more minutes than any superstar does today so you need to account for that as well.

They played a lot more possessions in the 60’s and shooting percentages were much worse. He’d probably be around the best rebounder in the NBA while averaging 25-30 points. He averaged way more minutes than any superstar does today so you need to account for that.
I was about to say - he basically played every minute of every game, and early in his career was taking 30-40 shots a game, lol.

There’s no way those things happen now. Playing 35 mpg and taking 15-20 shots leads to much different numbers.

The minutes he played with the Warriors and Sixers were insane. Nobody does that today.

They played a lot more possessions in the 60’s and shooting percentages were much worse. He’d probably be around the best rebounder in the NBA while averaging 25-30 points. He averaged way more minutes than any superstar does today so you need to account for that as well.
I was about to say - he basically played every minute of every game, and early in his career was taking 30-40 shots a game, lol.

There’s no way those things happen now. Playing 35 mpg and taking 15-20 shots leads to much different numbers.
Totally, but could he iron man those minutes today too?

Wilt would do fine in today's game. He'd be a more athletic Shaq. He was a tremendous track & field athlete at Kansas. He never missed games. If he played today he'd be the NBAs version of Aaron Rogers, extremely talented, often not winning in big moments, and thinking he was the smartest guy on the planet. But he would ball out.

KD and Booker played over 44 mins tonight.

CP3 got hurt.

Anything can happen still, but the lack of depth just looks like it’s going to catch up to the Suns.

How do you lose to the 6ers at home without embid? How ???

One year Wilt, tired of complaints that all he did was score, decided to lead the league in assists. (Back then assists were passes that led directly to baskets, not just the last guy to pass it to the scorer.)

Guy was a triple jumper in college, and a great volleyball player.

I know they had to do the trade, but Phoenix is really could have used one of Cameron Johnson or Mikal Bridges.

Durant has been pretty brutal these first 2 games.

One year Wilt, tired of complaints that all he did was score, decided to lead the league in assists. (Back then assists were passes that led directly to baskets, not just the last guy to pass it to the scorer.)
That’s the same thing?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom