NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 158 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

I honestly think Bron takes home chip 5. GOAT conversion fully tips because MJ never played teams this talented. League was way worse.

If Spo gets to the Finals, Bron should seriously start considering re-upping with him to finish out his career.
It does seem very much like James is quietly lurking. Definitely not wise to count him out.

Heat vs Lakers would probably be the best matchup. And would be super interesting given they had to win play in games to even get a playoff series.

I like the first sentence.

Spo can beat it. He had his time, lol.

I’m a “Jordan was a better player and it’s already decided because LeBron already peaked” guy, but can be convinced that “LeBron had the best career, even if his peak wasn’t quite as high.” To be playing at this level after this many years is unprecedented. It’s not human, lol. The guy is something else.

Not so sure on the league/talent thing. It’s a very different game - lots more guys who can shoot and dribble now, but the game is played much differently so it requires that. The trade off, is most of the big guys suck at being big guys. The Olajuwon’s, Malone’s, and Kemps would dominate even more today with an open lane and hardly anybody big that’s any good to match up with them.

There just is a much larger pool of talent. And front offices are much smarter. MJ played dummies.

It does seem very much like James is quietly lurking. Definitely not wise to count him out.

Heat vs Lakers would probably be the best matchup. And would be super interesting given they had to win play in games to even get a playoff series.

Spo would easily pose the best challenge.

Bron had like 30/9/9 on insane shooting? Again, this league is about ball handlers and shot creators now. AD ain’t more important than Bron, especially when he shows up half the games.
Lebron’s plus/minus against the Warriors the previous 5 games was not good.

I think Jokic will have something to say about this. The way they disposed of Durant and Booker was impressive.

Lebron’s plus/minus against the Warriors the previous 5 games was not good.

I think Jokic will have something to say about this. The way they disposed of Durant and Booker was impressive.

+/- is notoriously a bad representation of things, especially when AD is deciding to only play in half the games.

+/- is notoriously a bad representation of things, especially when AD is deciding to only play in half the games.
Pretty much every metric had AD as the best player in that series. I know he can disappear at times, but if he does that against anyone left they will lose and this conversation Is moot.

Then let him go and get Draymond. He’s supposed to be able to participate on both ends.

It’s Bron, by a country mile.
Huh? Draymond stinks and AD is all world when he’s healthy (I know, I know).

Bron is #1 on the offensive end, and AD is #2. Due to the ball handling, I agree. AD has to get the ball in his spots. Bron can make it happen from anywhere, at any time.

Defensively, it’s the reverse. Bron gets after it on D in the playoffs, but AD can defend pick and rolls, protect the paint, make game changing blocks, and clean the glass which just anchors the defense the way few guys in the league can.

Huh? Draymond stinks and AD is all world when he’s healthy (I know, I know).

Bron is #1 on the offensive end, and AD is #2. Due to the ball handling, I agree. AD has to get the ball in his spots. Bron can make it happen from anywhere, at any time.

Defensively, it’s the reverse. Bron gets after it on D in the playoffs, but AD can defend pick and rolls, protect the paint, make game changing blocks, and clean the glass which just anchors the defense the way few guys in the league can.

There is nothing more important than ball handling and shot creation now in the NBA.

Bron is more important than AD.

AD isn’t stopping anyone at the point of attack. He’s cleaning up.

That’s awesome, but Bron is the mvp of the Lakers.

Glad this played out the way it has for Philly fans.

Also - don’t kid yourselves. Boston will be a heavy favorite vs Miami and neither teams taking this lightly. Not the first time Tatum and Brown have faced off vs Bam and Jimmy in the postseason

To me Brogdon off the bench plus no Herro for Miami makes this too much for Playoff Jimmy to overcome. I expect Boston in 6.

To me Brogdon off the bench plus no Herro for Miami makes this too much for Playoff Jimmy to overcome. I expect Boston in 6.
Eh, the playoffs have already been too much for Playoff Jimmy to overcome.

And yet...

Win or lose the title, I hire Doc the second he gets fired if I am the Celts. Odd move for sure but he is twice the coach that Joe M is
Doc is awful.

The lack of respect the nuggets are getting here . The lakers aren’t beating Denver.

Denver is -167 to win the series meaning in reality Vegas would probably favor them -175 or -180.

The lack of respect the nuggets are getting here . The lakers aren’t beating Denver.

Denver is -167 to win the series meaning in reality Vegas would probably favor them -175 or -180.
We shall see. I respect Denver but given the Lakers record since making the trades, and then taking out Memphis and GS, you’ll have to pardon me for acting like my favorite team is the only one left playing lol.

Who’s their second best player?

Who’s their second best player?
Gordon? Murray?

Didn’t most people have Phoenix coming out of the west prior to the playoffs?

Are we overreacting to the Lakers beating an aging Warriors squad?

Eh, the playoffs have already been too much for Playoff Jimmy to overcome.

And yet...

Yeah although it was a banged up Giannis and then playoff Randle... will be entertaining no matter what.

Denver has a really solid deep team now I think. Jokic is obviously incredible. Murray I think is probably their #2 guy, but maybe they don't have a guy you think is normally #2 on a title team. But 2-7 or 8 on the roster is really solid. Murray and MPJ provide the secondary offense, Gordon/Brown/KCP are all solid wings. Braun is probably a cut below that. Jeff Green is still playing.

I dont really follow along with the in game talk, so I missed the last few pages, but did we talk about awful Embiid was? Dude was 5-18 and getting cooked defensively.

Gordon? Murray?

Didn’t most people have Phoenix coming out of the west prior to the playoffs?

Are we overreacting to the Lakers beating an aging Warriors squad?
Beat Memphis too though? Pretty easily too.

I think Denver should be the favorite - they were the 1 seed for a reason and their playoff performance has matched that.

The Lakers were probably 10-12 seed level pre-trades, 6-8 seed level post trades but with Bron and AD both missing 25-30 games and often not having both healthy at the same time…but probably 2-3 seed level when healthy with this roster.

Gordon, KCP, Brown give Denver a plethora of athletic defenders that can hit an open 3. Porter is a sniper.

This may come down to Davis-Jokic and who wins that matchup? Russell will be key as well. He’s gotta have a good series. Will be interesting to see how Reaves does vs. those wing defenders.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom