NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 159 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

Denver has a really solid deep team now I think. Jokic is obviously incredible. Murray I think is probably their #2 guy, but maybe they don't have a guy you think is normally #2 on a title team. But 2-7 or 8 on the roster is really solid. Murray and MPJ provide the secondary offense, Gordon/Brown/KCP are all solid wings. Braun is probably a cut below that. Jeff Green is still playing.

I dont really follow along with the in game talk, so I missed the last few pages, but did we talk about awful Embiid was? Dude was 5-18 and getting cooked defensively.
Oh yeah I made fun of him, don't worry.

Denver has a really solid deep team now I think. Jokic is obviously incredible. Murray I think is probably their #2 guy, but maybe they don't have a guy you think is normally #2 on a title team. But 2-7 or 8 on the roster is really solid. Murray and MPJ provide the secondary offense, Gordon/Brown/KCP are all solid wings. Braun is probably a cut below that. Jeff Green is still playing.

I dont really follow along with the in game talk, so I missed the last few pages, but did we talk about awful Embiid was? Dude was 5-18 and getting cooked defensively.

I've always chuckled about Embiid. Dude clearly is a beast. Not like him getting the MVP was in anyway undeserved given his numbers. With that said he still does the same crap that kept Philly from advancing in previous years with bad shot selection and taking plays off on D.

In fairness to him Harden was even worse which certainly didn't help Embiids situation.

Beat Memphis too though? Pretty easily too.

I think Denver should be the favorite - they were the 1 seed for a reason and their playoff performance has matched that.

The Lakers were probably 10-12 seed level pre-trades, 6-8 seed level post trades but with Bron and AD both missing 25-30 games and often not having both healthy at the same time…but probably 2-3 seed level when healthy with this roster.

Gordon, KCP, Brown give Denver a plethora of athletic defenders that can hit an open 3. Porter is a sniper.

This may come down to Davis-Jokic and who wins that matchup? Russell will be key as well. He’s gotta have a good series. Will be interesting to see how Reaves does vs. those wing defenders.

I'll counter and just say I think Denver/LA is more about if Gordon and Porter Jr step up or dissappear. Gordon needs to play more like game 1 and 2 vs Phx. If both step up and play well not sure there is anything LA can do with those two adequately complementing Jokic and Murray.

Doc is awful.
Have you watched Joe this season? They may win the tile because they have great talent. He gets out coached on a regular basis. Not his fault. He wasn't ready for this opportunity.

I've always chuckled about Embiid. Dude clearly is a beast. Not like him getting the MVP was in anyway undeserved given his numbers. With that said he still does the same crap that kept Philly from advancing in previous years with bad shot selection and taking plays off on D.

In fairness to him Harden was even worse which certainly didn't help Embiids situation.
Harden and Embiid were both absolutely pathetic today. No excuse for it in a game 7.

They should trade Harden for picks or maybe a pick and a young 2/3 with some upside, and fully give the keys to Maxey and hope he pops, and start Melton and play Shake Milton more.

I'll counter and just say I think Denver/LA is more about if Gordon and Porter Jr step up or dissappear. Gordon needs to play more like game 1 and 2 vs Phx. If both step up and play well not sure there is anything LA can do with those two adequately complementing Jokic and Murray.
Yeah, I was looking at who needs to play well from a Lakers standpoint.

Hoping that Gordon has a bad series offensively, and Porter can’t guard anybody as far as talking about bad things that could possibly happen for Denver.

Have you watched Joe this season? They may win the tile because they have great talent. He gets out coached on a regular basis. Not his fault. He wasn't ready for this opportunity.
He’s more likely to grow into it than Doc finding the old magic.

Watching Doc & Paul flame out in Rd 2 every year creates severe deja Vu.

They both sucked today and Maxey and Harris were both decent-good.

Even PJ Tucker played over his head. PJ should whup his ass. Harden was insanely good in 2 games and awful the rest of the series. Can’t win without your stars getting it done.

Also, him and Embiid punted on just about every big Philly possesion when they had the lead in the 4th quarter at home in game 6. Get a bucket or two and you’re probably in the ECF.

Clown. He is who we thought he is. Front runner who checks out when things are bad.

But your uncle on Facebook who hasn’t watched the NBA in 30 years insists the bubble wasn’t real basketball.
Lol, all because they had BLM on the court(what up Phil, you wry old goofball quack).

Felt bad for the players that had to stay there under stringent rules for so long, but man did I love watching those games. Just great hoops, absolutely nothing else to do but follow it closer than I ever followed, players on other teams being the only people watching the games in person, Javele McGee’s YouTube channel.

I look forward to the Netflix Doc on it in 5-10 years.

I have not hesitated to criticize Tatum recently, so I will also praise when he does well. That was quite a clutch performance today to say the least.

Harden and Embiid were both absolutely pathetic today. No excuse for it in a game 7.

They should trade Harden for picks or maybe a pick and a young 2/3 with some upside, and fully give the keys to Maxey and hope he pops, and start Melton and play Shake Milton more.

Harden can opt out of his contract this summer, they may not have a chance to trade him.

I almost think if Harden wants to stay they may have to run it back around Embiid/Harden again. Embiid isn't old by any means, but I don't know how many years he has at this level and maybe you just try and fill around the edges better. But I dunno, if Harden opts in you have $120 million tied up into Embiid/Harris/Harden. The cap for next year is gonna be $134. If Harden leaves (people keep mentioning Houston) you'll have space but I dont know exactly what you can do with it

Actually per Bobby Marks at ESPN even if Harden opts out and walks the Sixers have no cap space. And they can't trade a first until at least 2029. So. yeah

Harden can opt out of his contract this summer, they may not have a chance to trade him.

I almost think if Harden wants to stay they may have to run it back around Embiid/Harden again. Embiid isn't old by any means, but I don't know how many years he has at this level and maybe you just try and fill around the edges better. But I dunno, if Harden opts in you have $120 million tied up into Embiid/Harris/Harden. The cap for next year is gonna be $134. If Harden leaves (people keep mentioning Houston) you'll have space but I dont know exactly what you can do with it

Actually per Bobby Marks at ESPN even if Harden opts out and walks the Sixers have no cap space. And they can't trade a first until at least 2029. So. yeah
Trust the process?

He’s more likely to grow into it than Doc finding the old magic.
The problem is that they have the best team now and it's tough to wait on him. He may still win it
this year. But his coaching is scary bad.

The problem is that they have the best team now and it's tough to wait on him. He may still win it
this year. But his coaching is scary bad.
Hmmm. Darvin Ham has been quite good. Can’t relate.

There is nothing more important than ball handling and shot creation now in the NBA.

Bron is more important than AD.

AD isn’t stopping anyone at the point of attack. He’s cleaning up.

That’s awesome, but Bron is the mvp of the Lakers.
They don’t win 30 effin’ games without this guy.

They didn't exactly light up the regular season but in the playoffs, so far so good.
Almost half of their main 8 man rotation wasn’t on the team until the deadline, and LeBron and Davis both missed 25-30 games.

There was 4-5 legit rotation players on the team early in the year. 2 were stars, but my goodness….there was always 2-3 guys playing big minutes that weren’t even NBA caliber players getting minutes. Hard to win that way.

Trading for Russell, Vanderbilt, and Hachimura (3 of the top 8) was enormous and getting Westbrook out of the way (good player but didn’t fit and allows Reaves more chances to do what he’s good at) helped too.

Not a big fan of Celtics or Tatum, but thank you Celtics for eliminating that flopping and flailing injury causing Joel Embiid.

Earlier you can get him off my TV screen the better. Go golf with Auston Matthews and Mitch Marner you clown.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom