NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 186 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

I think Boston has a shot against Denver. Somewhere in the 30% range. A lot of experts and people here overrated the Lakers.

I think people are underrating Denver. Jokic is on another level and him being a 300 pound version of Larry Bird is about to make the Heat look like a JV team.

Not saying Boston is bad, but Denver has the best player in the league and a very good team around him.

I think people are underrating Denver. Jokic is on another level and him being a 300 pound version of Larry Bird is about to make the Heat look like a JV team.

Not saying Boston is bad, but Denver has the best player in the league and a very good team around him.
People have been underrating Denver all year.

That’s fair. He has to play 48 every game though. They have no bench. Would think Boston would have a better shot if Brogdon was not injured.

99B94EEB-87C1-4531-9DD6-663404E1B50C.jpeg

I remember back in the 80s. the Celts and Lakers playing Finals games at 3:30 pm on Memorial Day. Times have changed, and I'm not sure for the better from a fan perspective.

I was just saying to my friend I remmeber the Knicks playing memorial day afternoon games when I was a kid (mid 90s era). I am curious as to when that ended. (And now that I am thinking about it, the LJ 4 point play was definitely an afternoon game as well) Wiki has start times for most playoff games, I am seeing some scattered afternoon starts as late as 2007 for conf finals games, but I think specifically for memorial day it looks like 2002, Celtics-Nets was a 5:30 start. That was also the last year NBC had the playoffs. Those two facts are probably not unrelated.

The one thing I will say is as far as better for fans; while a lot of people are off today, it's not like everyone is. So the people working something resembling regular hours today are probably happy the game is at a more normal time. (though maybe they could throw us a bone and start it at 8 rather than 8:30)

I think Boston gives Denver a tougher time than Miami. So while I do not want Boston to win it all, I think I’d rather have the better finals matchup.
I know Simmons is a hated character around here but he did bring up a good point on this morning's podcast. If the Celtics complete this comeback the difference between them and the '04 Red Sox is the NBA equivalent of the 2004 Cardinals is not waiting for the C's. I don't care if they have the homecourt edge Denver should be favored.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom