NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 196 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

These NBA writers must really need to drum up material because there's zero way the Spurs are trading the rights to Wemby even though everyday I seem to be reading a new article about a possible swap.

Not well

Bam is a great defender, but compared to Joker the guy is tiny.

I pretty much think Miami's only chance is to shoot the hell out of it from 3 like they did in rounds 1 and 3. (the fact that they didnt shoot it well in rd 2 and the Knicks still couldnt win does not bother me in the slightest. I'm not tilting it at all)

I pretty much think Miami's only chance is to shoot the hell out of it from 3 like they did in rounds 1 and 3. (the fact that they didnt shoot it well in rd 2 and the Knicks still couldnt win does not bother me in the slightest. I'm not tilting it at all)
Their best chance is to hope Porter and KCP shoot 20% on the wide open shots they will get all series.

What the hell are the Pistons doing?
I read that article and I thought it was a misprint. Were there that many NBA teams offering Monty Williams that kind of deal? Is Detroit's roster so thin that they have to overpay?

I read that article and I thought it was a misprint. Were there that many NBA teams offering Monty Williams that kind of deal? Is Detroit's roster so thin that they have to overpay?
More that Monty was saying he didn't want to coach next season so Detroit made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

But yeah, pretty nuts, especially for someone that I don't view to be a particularly valuable coach to begin with. I suppose there's no salary cap for coaches so if the owners are willing to spend that much, so be it, but feels like they're going to end up firing him in a few years and just owe him a ton of money in addition to whatever they pay the new coach.

More that Monty was saying he didn't want to coach next season so Detroit made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

But yeah, pretty nuts, especially for someone that I don't view to be a particularly valuable coach to begin with. I suppose there's no salary cap for coaches so if the owners are willing to spend that much, so be it, but feels like they're going to end up firing him in a few years and just owe him a ton of money in addition to whatever they pay the new coach.

I think Monty is a decent enough coach but probably not a needle mover. Definitely a situation where either Monty A) didnt want to coach next year or B) didnt want to coach Detroit specifically so they had to make him an offer he cant refuse.

Biggest winner here might be Mat Ishbia. I think most coaches have offset language in their deals, so whatever money the Suns owed Monty after firing him will be offset by what the Pistons are paying him

I think there's an argument to be made that Miami underachieved during the regular season. This same team was the one seed just last season and won 53 games. They had a couple of guys who had really down years that have regressed to their career mean in the playoffs. Robinson and Martin being the main guys shooting the ball.

I think there's an argument to be made that Miami underachieved during the regular season. This same team was the one seed just last season and won 53 games. They had a couple of guys who had really down years that have regressed to their career mean in the playoffs. Robinson and Martin being the main guys shooting the ball.

Yeah to an extent I definitely agree. They have been a good team for the last few years, it didnt totally make sense they were as bad as they were during the regular season. (I kept waiting for them to make a run at the Knicks and they never did) They lead the league in 3pt% last season!

That said, some of the 3 point shooting these playoffs have been crazy.

As a 2 seed, they went down 0-3 to an 8 seed, and came back to win the next 3. Struggled against Atlanta, and barely scraped by the Sixers (another soft squad). I said that the team wasn’t going to win before the playoffs started, and I think anyone who watched them regularly knew that, whether or not they wanted to admit it.
You called them front running and soft yet they came from behind and won the Philly series and went from 0-3 to 3-3 in the Miami series. I’d say they are the opposite of a front runner. They are a “we crap the bed just when it seems like everything is finally going our way” team

Two nights without hoops. I’m jonesing bigly.

But now, as we approach tip-off for Game One, I’m ready to put on a turtleneck & dance. Let the games begin!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom