NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 232 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

I just don't think Dame ever hit the level of elite guys that you have a shot to win a chip with, whatever that number is each year.

There is no way he's better than Harden was, for example. I know people hate Harden, but dude was a CP3 hamstring away from probably having a chip.

I'll take two years of Walton as the best team member. But maybe that's just me. And, again, it's an example of someone who is at the highest level vs a Dame, who is just below.
Dame never had a chance to be a CP3 hamstring (or similar) away. That's part of the case for him.

CP3 didn't even make the conference finals as the best player in New Orleans and LA.

Dame never had a chance to be a CP3 hamstring (or similar) away. That's part of the case for him.

Eh, I think that drops CP3 down vs raising Dame up.

Small guards not named Steph don't get the benefit of the doubt from me.

When heathy, Walton was probably a top 5 center. He was the Joker before the Joker. (3-point prowess aside).

For sure. My point being is I would rather have that than Dame for the Knicks, for example. Give me someone that shoots like a rocket ship to the level of the Gods, gets us a chip and then bombs back down. The ride might be short, but it will be awesome.

What do you do when a team you like keeps acquiring players you hate?

I think i was probably a Lakers fan for the longest time. Since day 1 of Magic. I was intrigued by getting Shaq. I liked drafting Kobe. But, then we 'got to know' them and i began to dislike them both. I dealt with it and enjoyed the championships. Now, there's Lebron, another player i just don't care for. So, my affinity has been eroded to almost nothing. I kinda switched to Golden State. But, i despise Draymond Green. Hoped he would be signed away by another team in his FA year. But, no. Another commitment to him. And now they've added Chris Paul. Ugggh.

I liked Clay. Until his antics this past season. And then Curry chucked his nasty mouthpiece into the stands, and never batted an eye in consideration that his spitty gear may have struck someone. Maybe i'm too sensitive, but stuff like that just works my nerves.

Sports are far more interesting/exciting when you have a hardcore passion for a specific team. I don't think i have that for anyone in the NBA or NFL anymore. I do for the RedSox, and for Merc in F1. But, with the NBA and NFL, i still watch a ton of games, but with dispassion.

Anyone else? Is it the player(s) or the 'laundry?' I used to start liking/following NFL teams when they had SU players playing for them. Didn't like the Eagles until McNabb. No interest in the Colts until Harrison. But, we don't put many/any prominent players into that league anymore...

I just don't think Dame ever hit the level of elite guys that you have a shot to win a chip with, whatever that number is each year.

There is no way he's better than Harden was, for example. I know people hate Harden, but dude was a CP3 hamstring away from probably having a chip.

I'll take two years of Walton as the best team member. But maybe that's just me. And, again, it's an example of someone who is at the highest level vs a Dame, who is just below.

So Dame is the guard version of Melo?

I assume they'll shut him down either now or very shortly. It's a good opportunity to let him play with the ball in his hands and see if the work he's put in trying to expand his game has paid off. Early returns look good.
Made it to both games - I feel a little bad for the rest of the borderline pros but they'll get their shot in Vegas. It's fun getting to see Keegan as the first option and being super aggressive. He's going to Vegas, likely partially to hang with his twin brother on the Blazers, but won't be playing in those games.

Two other notes from the action - Brandon Miller was god awful. The whole crowd did a mock cheer when he finally scored his first points in the second half yesterday.
Much to the embarrassment of my wife I was yelling "Go Orange" and "Cuse in the house" to Cole Swider yesterday and Monday. He finally acknowledged me in the 4th quarter. This is how close I was to him whenever he was on the bench both days so he definitely heard me and still had the love for Cuse. Well at least gave me a thumbs up.

Cole.png

So Dame is the guard version of Melo?
And honestly….people would’ve put KG, Allen, and Pierce in that group if they didn’t all team up and win one.

Drexler too, if he didn’t end up getting traded to Hakeem’s team(the defending champs).

So tough to win it all - things really have to break right.

Could Dame have won if he played with LeBron in Cleveland instead of Kyrie? No way to know, but very possibly - he’s basically the same caliber player as Kyrie.

And honestly….people would’ve put KG, Allen, and Pierce in that group if they didn’t all team up and win one.

Drexler too, if he didn’t end up getting traded to Hakeem’s team(the defending champs).

Could Dame have won if he played with LeBron in Cleveland instead of Kyrie? No way to know, but very possibly - he’s basically the same caliber player as Kyrie.
No he's way better than Kyrie.

Kyrie drives me insane. But you are right. Kyries ability to get to the rim and score, his handle, combined with his shooting puts him ahead of Dame in terms of talent and ability.

Measure it against the off court stuff, we’ll, I dunno, but Bron got a chip with him and it was Kyrie that made the winning shot in game 7 when both teams were bricking everything.

The 2008 Celtics milk their title more than any team ever. They are the Al Bundy four TDs in a game at Polk High of NBA champions.

As a reliable franchise player, definitely. He’s had a better career.

I’ll say, a locked in, healthy, focused Kyrie (like he was in 2016) is on the same level. Skill wise, he’s right there with anybody. But other than a couple injuries, Dame is way better at being there to produce at an elite level night in and night out, year after year.

Kyrie drives me insane. But you are right. Kyries ability to get to the rim and score, his handle, combined with his shooting puts him ahead of Dame in terms of talent and ability.

Measure it against the off court stuff, we’ll, I dunno, but Bron got a chip with him and it was Kyrie that made the winning shot in game 7 when both teams were bricking everything.
I think it’s close. Dame maybe doesn’t score at the rim at the same level, but his shot making is pretty amazing. Wasn’t in the finals, but he’s hit a couple ridiculous playoff series enders himself.

I’ll say, a locked in, healthy, focused Kyrie (like he was in 2016) is on the same level. Skill wise, he’s right there with anybody. But other than a couple injuries, Dame is way better at being there to produce at an elite level night in and night out, year after year.
Y'all need Jesus.

Dame>>Kyrie for me all day.

Dame easily could've won a title if he was with Lebron instead of Kyrie. A lot of guys could win a title as the #2 to Lebron. (It's easier for me to say that generically as opposed to the specific 2016 title, since Kyrie was pretty damn good in that series and hit one of the biggest shots in the history of the league) Especially when you aren't going against the best team ever.

Dame>>Kyrie for me all day.

Dame easily could've won a title if he was with Lebron instead of Kyrie. A lot of guys could win a title as the #2 to Lebron. (It's easier for me to say that generically as opposed to the specific 2016 title, since Kyrie was pretty damn good in that series and hit one of the biggest shots in the history of the league) Especially when you aren't going against the best team ever.
Damian Lillard knows the world is round. Case closed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom