NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 233 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

Up 2, 5 seconds left, opponent must foul you or the clock runs out.. Portland should keep dribbling right? Nope you throw the lob, which fails miserably. So Summer League!

Then Houston gets the ball, with 0.6 seconds left, and completes an inbound 3 point shot.

If this happened in the regular season to my team I would be so furious and embarrassed.

Back to back Spurs (including Wemby) just blew soft dunks in warmup. That stank from Portland must still be on the floor.

Seemed like she didn't really do too much wrong here... and neither did security. Looks like security did sort of a "swipe" push away move that lightly hit ... probably because they thought she was a random. But with barely any force. A minor unfortunate incident, but it should be a nothing.

I've seen enough - Wemby is a bigger bust than Michael Olowokandi, Andrea Bargnani, and Anthony Bennett.
LOL!!! How about Sam Bowie and Greg Oden. And Zion (cough, cough).

LOL!!! How about Sam Bowie and Greg Oden. And Zion (cough, cough).

He has no history of injuries like Bowie.
Was not 43 when entering the league like Oden.
And is not carrying a svelte 338 pounds of summertime weight like Zion.

So he could be better than them!

I've seen enough 0 for 3 start - Wemby is a bigger bust than Michael Olowokandi, Andrea Bargnani, and Anthony Bennett.
I’m amazed at how smooth his crossover looks. How an insanely tall guy like that keeps his dribble so low on the cross without looking like a stiff is beyond me.

I’m amazed at how smooth his crossover looks. How an insanely tall guy like that keeps his dribble so low on the cross without looking like a stiff is beyond me.

The issue in his first year will be his strength. Players are really going to bump him and try to move hjm via screens on the perimeter like Charlotte is tonight. Its going to be grind that I hope he can endure without much difficulty.

While players don't bang below like they used to, the banging up top on pick/screen is probably tougher on the body as there is more speed involved in the contact including legs banging. It was dirtier down low in the past, but also probably more injury risk with the top of the key contact today.

The issue in his first year will be his strength. Players are really going to bump him and try to move hjm via screens on the perimeter like Charlotte is tonight. Its going to be grind that I hope he can endure without much difficulty.

While players don't bang below like they used to, the banging up top on pick/screen is probably tougher on the body as there is more speed involved in the contact including legs banging. It was dirtier down low in the past, but also probably more injury risk with the top of the key contact today.

Looking forward to the Wemby vs Holmgren battles. Matchstick bowl...

His game on the offensive end is in need of work except for dribbling. His effort seems so so thus far. Will be an interesting progression

Reminder that AAU sucks.

Not saying aau is great but this isn’t the reason parks are empty. 20 something years ago me and two buddies would hop in the car and run courts all over town one after another and we’d find a game everywhere, was rare we’d pull in and leave because nobody is there. I drive all the time and it’s now rare seeing kids on the court. It’s sad.

He has no history of injuries like Bowie.
Was not 43 when entering the league like Oden.
And is not carrying a svelte 338 pounds of summertime weight like Zion.

So he could be better than them!
Maybe not as bad as Bowie but Wemby has a very lengthy injury history already. He’s only played like half the possible games in France. He’s suffered a litany of injuries including a stress fracture in his leg.

Wemby vs Miller turning into a brick fest was a fun surprise lol.

Bucks young guys looked good in their 2023 debuts at least.

I caught the back half of the third quarter to the middle of the 4th after Wemby left for good. Wemby had an almost 4 minute stretch of game time when he didn’t touch the ball at all on offense or defense. Didn’t get a board, block a shot or even get the ball passed to him… nothing. After that stretch he did manage to get one blocked shot, completely air balled a three… like it wasn’t even close, and missed two defensive boards that turned into offensive rebounds for Charlotte.

On the plus side, as others have pointed out, there is a fluidity to his movements that is amazing for someone so tall. He moves and handles like a small forward. If he can add a jumper to his game he is going to be a match up nightmare for other fives. BUT he is so weak I think an NBA small forward would no trouble locking him down. Hopefully the kid can get a lot stronger… if he puts on muscle like Giannis he will rule the NBA.

I thought Scot Henderson and Amen Thompson were much more impressive looking players than either Wemby or Miller. Which is interesting because both Henderson and Thompson when the professional route were as Miller went the college route. Henderson and Thompson already play like pros… Miller clearly has talent but looks like no one taught him how master a position yet.

I've seen enough 0 for 3 start - Wemby is a bigger bust than Michael Olowokandi, Andrea Bargnani, and Anthony Bennett.
The ESPN/Fox hot take morning shows prepping for Monday

Looking forward to the Wemby vs Holmgren battles. Matchstick bowl...
140606-slender-man-mn-735.jpg

Made the mistake of tuning into the Knicks/Sixers summer league play… brutal. Punting on two drafts in a row has really caught up to Knicks summer league squad.

Really curious to see what they do next. I’m not convinced they have gotten better while the rest of the east has. This means they are getting worse if they stand pat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom