NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 230 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

How far are you willing to move the goalposts?
Bro...you are the irrational one here. Trying to compare march madness to a best of 7 series? That is crazy. That is the beauty of best of 7. No excuse for not getting it done.

and then tried to get better.

I think the Lakers are in a group with a few teams behind Denver, who is the clear favorite to come out of the west next year. (Though i am not in love with them using their TPMLE to bring back Reggie Jackson) If they get to the playoffs and Lebron and AD are healthy (huge if!) then they have a serious shot of winning the west.
Not earth shattering but signing Cam Reddish for Lonnie Walker was a downgrade.

When do we switch to the 23-24 season thread?

Separately, so far, I don’t think there will be much seismic change to the top teams:

Celtics, Bucks, Nugs, Suns and maybe the Lakers as the wild card with health. I refuse to add a team with Embiid until he comes thru in the playoffs. I don’t think the Heat make a playoff run. IMO, Dubs are just too old and missed on too many picks. CP3 is old.

I like the DDV move for the Knicks. Ok without Obi. Think we’re prob looking at another round 2, but we’re competent. At some point, we’ll have to take a big swing and have to look hard at Thibs for the longer term. But we’re a competent and competitive team that is easy to root for.

The biggest wild card for me is the Mavs.

Second biggest wild card are the Spurs. People are finally going to see the pieces they got that aren’t half bad.
I think the Suns got worse. Need to see where Dame goes.

Bro...you are the irrational one here. Trying to compare march madness to a best of 7 series? That is crazy. That is the beauty of best of 7. No excuse for not getting it done.
Now do football, futbol, and the Olympics.

I think the Suns got worse. Need to see where Dame goes.
Basically, any move by the Suns or Lakers is getting a bump because it’s the Suns and Lakers. If those players sign elsewhere, everyone’s yawning.

Now do football, futbol, and the Olympics.
Those are indeed some other sports. Does not change the fact that a 7 game series is a superior test of how good a team truly is. Lakers beat Memphis in a 7 game series and then went on to beat a team in a 7 game series that beat the Kings in a 7 game series. They were better than both those teams last year. Are the 2021 Utah Jazz in your pantheon of all time great teams?

Those are indeed some other sports. Does not change the fact that a 7 game series is a superior test of how good a team truly is. Lakers beat Memphis in a 7 game series and then went on to beat a team in a 7 game series that beat the Kings in a 7 game series. They were better than both those teams last year. Are the 2021 Utah Jazz in your pantheon of all time great teams?
Let’s put your straw man over there…

It’s never as simple as you’re making it. Players get hurt, teams get hot, a game is decided by a bad call (or series of bad calls). Some people say the Stanley Cup playoffs are the best, while others say they’re not legit because of how often the President’s Trophy winner gets knocked out early and/or because all you need is a hot goaltender to make a run. People dismiss the MLB playoffs and call them a crapshoot because the wild card teams play more meaningful games down the stretch and are more game-ready than the top teams that rest up after dominating the regular season.

Going back to the tweet, that’s what happened with the Heat and Lakers. They got hot at the right time. Both of those teams, BTW, had to win play-in games. By your own logic, we can’t definitively say that they’re better than the Bulls and Wolves, can we?

Let’s put your straw man over there…

It’s never as simple as you’re making it. Players get hurt, teams get hot, a game is decided by a bad call (or series of bad calls). Some people say the Stanley Cup playoffs are the best, while others say they’re not legit because of how often the President’s Trophy winner gets knocked out early and/or because all you need is a hot goaltender to make a run. People dismiss the MLB playoffs and call them a crapshoot because the wild card teams play more meaningful games down the stretch and are more game-ready than the top teams that rest up after dominating the regular season.

Going back to the tweet, that’s what happened with the Heat and Lakers. They got hot at the right time. Both of those teams, BTW, had to win play-in games. By your own logic, we can’t definitively say that they’re better than the Bulls and Wolves, can we?
Hockey and baseball aren’t basketball.

Summer league is fun, y'all. My son and I got in early and half caught the second half of the 76ers and Grizzlies. It's been surprisingly good basketball and we're tied at 88 with less than 2 minutes left. Dudes are playing hard.

Looking forward to seeing Chet and JW for OKC and George for the Jazz in the next game of the doubleheader.

Summer league is fun, y'all. My son and I got in early and half caught the second half of the 76ers and Grizzlies. It's been surprisingly good basketball and we're tied at 88 with less than 2 minutes left. Dudes are playing hard.

Looking forward to seeing Chet and JW for OKC and George for the Jazz in the next game of the doubleheader.
Love watching this stuff. Nice run by Terquavion Smith. This was a good game. Now onto the main event.

Y'all OKC is going to be a lot better next season.

Hockey and baseball aren’t basketball.
Reason the presidents trophy winner seldom wins it all is mostly due to the fact that playoffs are essentially a different game that rewards a different set of skills than the regular season. Randomness is definitely a part of it too. But I’d wager it’s mostly due to the presidents trophy winner not being built for the playoffs

This steal and dunk was the play of the game last night.

Dame has been a loyal superstar for his entire career. He tried harder to win than management. Accommodating him, within reason, is good business.
Simmons is the complete opposite.
The reported trade package Miami supposedly offered was a joke. The team isn't obligated to get $0.50 on the dollar just to make Dame happy.

The reported trade package Miami supposedly offered was a joke. The team isn't obligated to get $0.50 on the dollar just to make Dame happy.

They need a third or fourth team to make this work. If I'm PDX, I want off of the Nurk contract, I want picks and young talent, especially in terms of bigs.

Betting on Dame is a big risk, imo. Small guard, no defense, ties up your cap... you are really banking on an offensive juggernaut can hold.

Pretty sure all the PDX fans want Jodi Allen to sell and reset and get rid of Cronin and Chauncey. If you are rebuilding, Chauncey probably is not the guy you want as HC.

Honestly, all due respect to Dame and his HoF career, they should have probably unloaded him already.

Pat Riley must be an expert hypnotist because many times he has pulled off trades where he gives up nothing and gets a star. So I never count him out. But yeah, Portland would be insane to accept any of these reported Miami + 3rd team garbage packages for Dame.

What was the offer? All I saw was Herro and maybe Robinson.

I did hear that Lillard will cause trouble if they don’t give in. The players do still have most of the power at the end of the day.

What has Dame done again to merit Portland bending over backwards to help him. He has been very well compensated for keeping the Blazers a total non-factor in the league for most of his career. Good player but way overrated. Heard a guy on the radio today say he was better than Isiaha Thomas...huh

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom