NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

Over under on what game into the season AD gets hurt and renders all this moot? I’m setting it at 12
It would be interesting to see who made more money in their unpaid games: Kyrie, AD, or Simmons.

They are certainly rightthat retaining Caruso would have worked out better.

That being said that was last year and is now a sunk cost. You can only do what is best for your franchise now, and as of this date I think Beverly > THT.

Can somebody remind me as well why the Lakers couldn't retain both of Caruso and THT last year? They had the rights to both of them. Was there some sort of cap rule that came into play when they traded for / or wanted to trade for Westbrook (Hard capped?)

I believe there was no reason they couldn't retain both; they just didn't want to go that deep into the tax and pay both.

Alrighty Knicks fans, you just locked in RJ - does this kill the Mitchell deal for you?

Back in the GarPax/Hoiberg days...
They traded D.Rose, Justin Holiday, & a 2nd round pick for Brooke Lopez, Jose Calderon, & Jerian Grant. Super frustrating being a Bulls fan under that administration. He was entering the final year of his contract, had finally got back into form, so they decided to ship him off for a bag of donuts rather than risk losing him in FA.

Shoutout to big Knick energy, tweeted this yesterday

I would imagine the Knicks are still in for Mitchell

Back in the GarPax/Hoiberg days...
They traded D.Rose, Justin Holiday, & a 2nd round pick for Brooke Lopez, Jose Calderon, & Jerian Grant. Super frustrating being a Bulls fan under that administration. He was entering the final year of his contract, had finally got back into form, so they decided to ship him off for a bag of donuts rather than risk losing him in FA.
Actually a bag of donuts was more valuable

Looks like NBA League Pass might be a lot cheaper this season according to this.

I don’t get the “commercial free” vs standard subscription. Is this for watching the games after the fact ? If you have to sit through ads watching the game after it’s over, that’s horrendous

I don’t get the “commercial free” vs standard subscription. Is this for watching the games after the fact ? If you have to sit through ads watching the game after it’s over, that’s horrendous
Not sure. I know they have offered different options in the past, but not sure if this was one of them. A lot of times they don't show the commercials, but just play the league play music.

I really, really like what the Cavs have put together btw. That's going to be a super fun team.

Mitchell's probably not happy. Knicks crapped the bed.

Knicks fans, y'alright?

Next domino going to be sending some Utah vets to Lakers for Westbrook and picks.

Lol Donovan Mitchell to the Cavs per Woj.

Fluck everyone.

I hope he doesn’t go.

Fluck the jazz.

Fluck ainge.

Fluck the cavs.

And Fluck you, yeah you….meaning anyone who isn’t as mad as me.

Fluck everyone.

I hope he doesn’t go.

Fluck the jazz.

Fluck ainge.

Fluck the cavs.

And Fluck you, yeah you….meaning anyone who isn’t as mad as me.
This made me actually laugh out loud, from a Jazz forum I check once in a while:

Screenshot_20220901-140204.png

Cavs now with 3 2022 All-Stars plus Evan Mobley who is the best player on the roster. Lavert is an incredible 5th option if he can make his brain understand what that means. Rubio, Osman, Love coming off the bench.

That's a pretty interesting and wild starting 5. Need 1 more solid bench piece.

Cavs now with 3 2022 All-Stars plus Evan Mobley who is the best player on the roster. Lavert is an incredible 5th option if he can make his brain understand what that means. Rubio, Osman, Love coming off the bench.

That's a pretty interesting and wild starting 5. Need 1 more solid bench piece.
Yeah, that team could be a powerhouse.

Yeah, that team could be a powerhouse.
Lavert actually makes a lot more sense as a 6th man type. I don't think his brain can compute with being a low usage player. Him and Rubio running the backup unit could be really impressive. Okoro probably makes far more sense to start at the 3 and help cover up for the 0 defense this double 6'1 backcourt is about to play.

Lavert actually makes a lot more sense as a 6th man type. I don't think his brain can compute with being a low usage player. Him and Rubio running the backup unit could be really impressive. Okoro probably makes far more sense to start at the 3 and help cover up for the 0 defense this double 6'1 backcourt is about to play.
They definitely have stuff to figure out, but they've got the main guys in place.

I think the dismantling of the Jazz could have really crazy ripple effects in the NBA. T'Wolves are going to be a lot better. Cavs were already on the rise. Assuming they shuttle some rotation guys to the Lakers that could solve a lot of problems for LA.

Bananas.

Also, I love that the Jazz got Sexton for 4/$72M. Really good odds he outplays that contract.

I really, really like what the Cavs have put together btw. That's going to be a super fun team.

Mitchell's probably not happy. Knicks crapped the bed.

Knicks fans, y'alright?

Next domino going to be sending some Utah vets to Lakers for Westbrook and picks.
If they gel together well, Garland and Mitchell will soon be the NBA’s best backcourt.

I like the deal for both the Cavs and Jazz.

The Cavs are not going to build through FA, and they have a young core that is tied up for 3-4 years. There not that far off a "sort of" championship contender especially by the 2023/2024 season

The picks they will have in 25,27, and 29 will not help in their current window.

Jazz had a great rebuild this summer. Obviously teams don't like to trade away their best players when they are on a 50 win team. But since Mitchell/Gobert could not co-exist Ainge had the choice of re-tooling or re-building. Rebuilding is the right way to go, and they were able to get a haul of picks since they were a good team last year.

Also Sexton is not that bad of a contract. Jazz aren't a great contender for the next 4 years, so its not a stresser cap wise. He might also put up huge numbers on a bad team and be flippable in 2023 or 2024.

I like the deal for both the Cavs and Jazz.

The Cavs are not going to build through FA, and they have a young core that is tied up for 3-4 years. There not that far off a "sort of" championship contender especially by the 2023/2024 season

The picks they will have in 25,27, and 29 will not help in their current window.

Jazz had a great rebuild this summer. Obviously teams don't like to trade away their best players when they are on a 50 win team. But since Mitchell/Gobert could not co-exist Ainge had the choice of re-tooling or re-building. Rebuilding is the right way to go, and they were able to get a haul of picks since they were a good team last year.

Also Sexton is not that bad of a contract. Jazz aren't a great contender for the next 4 years, so its not a stresser cap wise. He might also put up huge numbers on a bad team and be flippable in 2023 or 2024.
First off, Sexton's contract is fantastic. He's going to be a steal at $18M.

Second, the Jazz aren't done as they'll ship out their other vets for more picks and young guys.

Third, I wonder if they could have gotten this deal without the Gobert trade. Let's say this deal happens first. A starting five of Conley-Sexton-Bogdanovic-Markkinen-Gobert... that's a squad. That team could be really good. Still flawed, but that's a playoff team.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom