NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

Where the Knicks are in a tough spot is when the next hot thing comes around, what are they going to do if they didn't make a move this time?

It's fair. Hopefully the next hot thing is a better franchise centerpiece than Mitchell and is more worthy of unloading a ton of draft capital on. (whether or not that is the case is very much up in the air, of course.)

I think they're mostly going to tread water, but that was probably the case if they make the big swing for Mitchell or not. It's hard for me to get super worked up about it

It's fair. Hopefully the next hot thing is a better franchise centerpiece than Mitchell and is more worthy of unloading a ton of draft capital on. (whether or not that is the case is very much up in the air, of course.)

I think they're mostly going to tread water, but that was probably the case if they make the big swing for Mitchell or not. It's hard for me to get super worked up about it
Some star will get disgruntled and shake loose, it's just a bummer this didn't match because Mitchell wanted to be there.

Some star will get disgruntled and shake loose, it's just a bummer this didn't match because Mitchell wanted to be there.

If you aren't getting Bron, Steph, Kawhi, KD, Giannis, Jokic, Luka, Embiid, maybe Tatum...

CAA reps Book, KAT, CP3, Mitchell, Zion, PG-13, Jalen Green, Ivey and a few others...

Not only did we miss on KD when he was moving, we aren't going to get any of the top tier guys. And, the group that CAA reps, the only thing I can think of is if PHX somehow falls apart or Zion, way down the line, pushes to NY.

If the plan is just to consistently be in the play in tourney, just to have some positive vibes, then we're fine as is.

The new media contract will make Brunson's contract look fantastic and hopefully RJ keeps improving. But I'd jettison Thibs and I'd jettison Julius, but I believe they are both CAA guys.

Not loving where we are. Not sure what the plan is.

If you aren't getting Bron, Steph, Kawhi, KD, Giannis, Jokic, Luka, Embiid, maybe Tatum...

CAA reps Book, KAT, CP3, Mitchell, Zion, PG-13, Jalen Green, Ivey and a few others...

Not only did we miss on KD when he was moving, we aren't going to get any of the top tier guys. And, the group that CAA reps, the only thing I can think of is if PHX somehow falls apart or Zion, way down the line, pushes to NY.

If the plan is just to consistently be in the play in tourney, just to have some positive vibes, then we're fine as is.

The new media contract will make Brunson's contract look fantastic and hopefully RJ keeps improving. But I'd jettison Thibs and I'd jettison Julius, but I believe they are both CAA guys.

Yeah, not hard to image the cap is going to increase fairly significantly with the new media deal. When that happens there will be a two or three year window where guys on deals that are larger now seem really reasonable and are awesome value.

Couldn't agree more on Thibs or Julius - provided what we needed for a time but we need to move on from both.

Where the Knicks are in a tough spot is when the next hot thing comes around, what are they going to do if they didn't make a move this time?
Mitchell wanted to go to NY but had no leverage because he's signed for 3 more years. Maybe the Knicks can get someone in a better position to force a move to NY for less costly compensation.

Not sure if fake.
Anthony Davis streaming playing a video game, and Anthony Davis (in the game) gets hurt.

Schroeder back with the Lakers for under $3 mill!

He turned down 4 years $80 million a couple years ago. The very definition of betting on yourself and losing.

Good bargain for the Lakers. He’s only 29, so maybe he can still play himself into a big contract.

Gotta wonder if Russ is soon gone. Got Beverly, Nunn returning from injury, and now Schroeder….

Schroeder back with the Lakers for under $3 mill!

He turned down 4 years $80 million a couple years ago. The very definition of betting on yourself and losing.

Good bargain for the Lakers. He’s only 29, so maybe he can still play himself into a big contract.

Gotta wonder if Russ is soon gone. Got Beverly, Nunn returning from injury, and now Schroeder….
Does the FO have a strategy aside from throwing spaghetti at the wall?

Does the FO have a strategy aside from throwing spaghetti at the wall?
Winning a 2nd title in 4 years will be a difficult task, I agree.

Yeah. You can only win the hardest title to win of all time under extraordinary circumstances once!
Oh, we’re calling a youth league environment extraordinary now?

(I’ll save the “I didn’t realize the Lakers play hockey” counter argument for another thread.)

Oh, we’re calling a youth league environment extraordinary now?

(I’ll save the “I didn’t realize the Lakers play hockey” counter argument for another thread.)

No travel. No fans. No home court or home bed advantage. No distractions. Everybody taken out of their comfort zone. Just pure basketball.

Everybody had the same chance. Lakers win. Cha-ching! Chalk up another one for the best franchise in professional sports history!

No travel. No fans. No home court or home bed advantage. No distractions. Everybody taken out of their comfort zone. Just pure basketball.

Everybody had the same chance. Lakers win. Cha-ching! Chalk up another one for the best franchise in professional sports history!
Like I said, youth league environment. Would have been an asterisk for anyone.

Your best player tried to cancel the whole thing.

Last edited:
Never a good situation when you sleep with a staff member.

Especially when you are married to a actress. This probably won't end well.

This is the type of stuff that gets CEO’s fired. Not sure if he ends up keeping his job here.

Even more difficult because this one won’t have an asterisk.
I don't get the asterisk. All the teams had the same conditions. None of the World Series winners during WWII have asterisks, even though many of the best players were serving at various times

This is the type of stuff that gets CEO’s fired. Not sure if he ends up keeping his job here.
He's not the CEO, so I guess it could depend on if he was her supervisor or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom