NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 58 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

Schroder and Bryant’s returns have added some desperately needed depth, Westbrook is playing his role, and Davis is playing like an MVP.

Lakers are playing very solid ball lately,
Walker also has been a good pickup. And Reaves should help Lakers fans get over their frustration for letting Caruso slip away. Reaves is better than Caruso already. And Gabriel is turning into a good defensive and offensive asset.

The Lakers OG also Is having a pretty, pretty, pretty good season so far, averaging (ho hum) 26 points, 8.5 rebounds and 6.5 assists in his 20th season.

And the Lakers might have struck it rich by hiring Ham.

Lakers want DeRozan and Vucevic for Westbrook and 2 unprotected firsts. When would those picks actually be available?

Bulls have disappointed been.. up and down. They've lost some bad ones, some close ones, but also beat some good teams. No Lonzo hurts.. and it doesn't seem like he is close to playing again.

A lot of people closed the book on Zion WAY too early. Pelicans are currently #2 in the West and he's averaging 24/7/4 on 59% FG shooting.

A lot of people closed the book on Zion WAY too early. Pelicans are currently #2 in the West and he's averaging 24/7/4 on 59% FG shooting.
I wasn't sure how he would fair in the NBA, but that dude is a beast.

he got off to a bit of a slow start as well. He's just getting back into form and basketball shape really. he's been much better on defense as well the past couple weeks as he gets his legs underneath him. His jump and quick 2nd jump are back Pels have really good depth as Ingram and Herb Jobes were out the past 4 games really and CJ McCollum has been terrible this year, I mean really bad. He has been sick for a couple weeks though. Other than one good game in a win versus Memphis he has stunk, no other way to put it. He's really become a politician/ talking head as he is the head of the players union and really involved in the media. Almost feel like he is moving into his next career a bit early. Like I said, he talks a bit too much for me. He was great the back end of last year but wow he has been bad, pure defensive liability as well

The biggest issue is Zion plays his best with the ball in his hands " Point Zion" so to speak and because Ingram has missed a bunch of time, CJ as well and Zion a few games the 3 of them need to develop some more continuity and figure that out. That said Zion with Larry Nance, Trey Murphy, Jose Alavardo and the rookie Dyson Daniels the past 4 games have been a really great line up for them. I still think Ingram is the leader of this team and has the respect of the locker room more than anyone but he seems to get dinged up quite a bit. Concussion and a bruised toe already this year and has missed 8-9 games

They are 15-8 and I bet they have had their full starting line up for maybe 6-7 games and right now I am not sure that is a good or a bad thing really

Alavardo put on a show last night scoring 38 points off the bench, he pretty much plays the entire 2nd and 4th quarters of every game at this point. The home crowd absolutely loves this guy

The biggest thing for Zion will always be he health and his weight, he has those two under control he is going to be just fine but he is still a generational talent.

Last edited:
Eh.

That's a nice snapshot but he's got to show he makes it through a season leading a winning team.

Plus, West is very weird right now.

Eh.

That's a nice snapshot but he's got to show he makes it through a season leading a winning team.

Plus, West is very weird right now.

He's not the leader of the team though, best player? Sure but it's Ingram's team all the young bench guys as well as Herb follow his lead and that was established last year. But yeah the Pels need to be a top 6 team in the West to show continued progress.

Zion just needs to stay healthy everything else will follow suit. BIG IF though, his talent really isn't worth debating anymore, it's pretty clear that he can be great in the NBA if healthy, he's getting doubled and tripled every time he touches the ball

Last edited:
8 minutes tonight, leaves game with flu like symptoms. So typical. Barkley was good though didnt say a word
Maybe he was pooping’ his drawers. If I had a 101 fever & the flu, I’d be on the couch with a bowl of chicken soup.

His absence did give a homeboi, Rochesterian Thomas Bryant, an opportunity for more minutes. He done good.

Maybe he was pooping’ his drawers. If I had a 101 fever & the flu, I’d be on the couch with a bowl of chicken soup.

His absence did give a homeboi, Rochesterian Thomas Bryant, an opportunity for more minutes. He done good.
I had the flu last week. 101-102 fever. Not a chance in hell you’re playing a b-ball game effectively if you legit have the flu.

Bryant was really good last night. Great finishes and active on the glass

Craziest last minute in the Jazz vs Warriors. Ejection to Clarkson. A couple technicals. Olynyk had his head almost taken off with no call and a couple huge steals by the Jazz. Warriors wete up four with 8 seconds to go and lost. This was the one for the win.

Wait, no Steph, Draymond, or Wiggins??? Jeez…you beat Klay and some backup Leandro Barbosa type guard who got snuffed. Whoop de damn do.

Wait, no Steph, Draymond, or Wiggins??? Jeez…you best Klay and some backup Leandro Barbosa type guard who got snuffed. Whoop de damn do.

No one plays everyone anymore. Jazz were without Markannen and Conley. I can't help it that Thompson and Poole shot 18-48.

No one plays everyone anymore. Jazz were without Markannen and Conley. I can't help it that Thompson and Poole shot 18-48.

It was a great win considering how they closed it out and I agree nobody plays everyone anymore and especially in the West you just never know who is going to play on any given night. Teams are either resting for the stretch run already or tanking for the draft but the guys who play are still trying to win and the depth of talent throughout the league is crazy right now

I was watching Pelicans/ Pistons last night and the Pistons were playing hard every step of the way and have a ton of young talent even without Cade. Pels were fortunate to win even though they were an 11 point fave Pels had no Ingram or Herb Jones and CJ was awful again. Get the win and move on. A hot shooting team can be a nightmare to deal with even the teams that are tanking for Wembayana.

Not easy to win in the NBA. That said the Celtics are just ridiculous right now. My god

Craziest last minute in the Jazz vs Warriors. Ejection to Clarkson. A couple technicals. Olynyk had his head almost taken off with no call and a couple huge steals by the Jazz. Warriors wete up four with 8 seconds to go and lost. This was the one for the win.

Ridiculous no calls. Was Donahey (sp?) back calling games?

I was watching this game and turned it off after Poole made that second free throw. Wild seeing the score the morning after!

Celtics aren’t winning squat, and Tatum will have to join them if he wants a ring. Can see this coming now. He’ll get MVP, “ascend to superstar status” and then get crushed for not beating them.

Celtics aren’t winning squat, and Tatum will have to join them if he wants a ring. Can see this coming now. He’ll get MVP, “ascend to superstar status” and then get crushed for not beating them.
Easy now. No Horford or Rob Williams. Yeah, I know the warriors had one guy out. But the warriors won’t get calls like that in Boston, and the Celtics haven’t shot that badly all season. It will average out. And I think the Celtics are the better team. Just need to get Mazzula some more big game coaching experience.

Easy now. No Horford or Rob Williams. Yeah, I know the warriors had one guy out. But the warriors won’t get calls like that in Boston, and the Celtics haven’t shot that badly all season. It will average out. And I think the Celtics are the better team. Just need to get Mazzula some more big game coaching experience.
The next good game Tatum has against them will be his first. Meanwhile he looks like Michael Jordan against everyone else the past two seasons.

The next good game Tatum has against them will be his first. Meanwhile he looks like Michael Jordan against everyone else the past two seasons.
His handle was shaky, for sure last night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom