NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 86 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

OK, the Clippers new closing lineup of Leonard, George, Powell, Gordon, and Zubac/Plumlee could be dangerous.

So it's not news given he has been out for a bit but with the additional setback- I'm sticking with Zion never reaching his potential. Another year of missing a ton of time through injuries. Such a freak athlete but he is going to need to become a smarter more efficient player. Needs to spend time with Lebron and work on keeping himself at peak fitness.

Brunson and Randle are thriving in New York. If Barrett ever became an efficient player, they would elevate to the next tier of teams. I’m not optimistic though. It does not appear to be in his nature. I keep forgetting he is only 22 though.

Brunson and Randle are thriving in New York. If Barrett ever became an efficient player, they would elevate to the next tier of teams. I’m not optimistic though. It does not appear to be in his nature. I keep forgetting he is only 22 though.
Only 22, but RJ sitting for Josh Hart in crunch time in his 4th season says a lot.
Unfortunately, though Barrett plays at an All-Star level at times, he's often a weak link.
I like RJ, but at this point not optimistic that the Knicks will see more improvement out of him.

Only 22, but RJ sitting for Josh Hart in crunch time in his 4th season says a lot.
Unfortunately, though Barrett plays at an All-Star level at times, he's often a weak link.
I like RJ, but at this point not optimistic that the Knicks will see more improvement out of him.

When he came into the league, I thought RJ would be no better than a really good 6th man (not a great projection for a #3 pick, btw). I think he's been a little bit better than that but he's still wildly inconsistent to be considered a viable day-in day-out third option.

They need to trade RJ. The Knicks need to be much better at that position if they want to contend. Hart is a nice player but he too is a role guy and I hate (though understand) that his arrival has eliminated McBride from the rotation.

RJ has just been so damn underwhelming. I would rather see IQ, Grimes, or Hart on the court over him.

I was messing around with some of the Knicks lineup stats, as good as Brunson and Randle have been, the Knicks are just +0.8 per 100 possessions with those 2 on the court. But when you filter out the RJ minutes, they're +8.8 per 100 with Brunson/Randle on and RJ off. When the 3 play together, they're actually -2 per 100. I know it isn't that simple, and it's mostly their defense that gets torched, but man, that stands out to me.

Holiday played out of his mind
That steal in OT is something he's done so many times and I truly don't know how he does it. He beats the ball-handler to the spot, takes the contact square in the chest and gets knocked back but reaches forward at the same time and gets the steal. It's remarkable to watch when he's really locked in defensively.

Great to see that hometown kid Kevin Huerter will be in the NBA 3 point competition. Great recognition but lots of great opponents.

Huerter is the 3rd favorite after Hield and Lilliard. Surprised that Herro and Haliburton aren't higher. If I was picking a long shot it would be Haliburton.

2023 Starry 3-Point Contest | NBA.com

Barrett has never been an efficient player going back to HS. He was always overrated.

I watched a bunch of the Clippers/Suns last night and Kawhi looked old. No lift or burst whatsoever anymore.

Great to see that hometown kid Kevin Huerter will be in the NBA 3 point competition. Great recognition but lots of great opponents.

Huerter is the 3rd favorite after Hield and Lilliard. Surprised that Herro and Haliburton aren't higher. If I was picking a long shot it would be Haliburton.

2023 Starry 3-Point Contest | NBA.com
Isaiah Joe should be in the 3-point contest.

Isaiah Joe should be in the 3-point contest.
If you go by stats, absolutely yes. But, as you know, that's not how they pick them. If he keeps shooting at 45%, more people will learn about him, but some kid who averages 15 mpg on a losing team usually won't get selected.

Barrett has never been an efficient player going back to HS. He was always overrated.

I watched a bunch of the Clippers/Suns last night and Kawhi looked old. No lift or burst whatsoever anymore.
Kawhi looks too thick - probably from not playing enough.

Load management? Moar like load management.

amirite
Yeah, he looks ancient:

5-18. 0-5 from three. He has been playing better but he was not good last nigh. He looks heavy to me and clips dont convince me otherwise.

5-18. 0-5 from three. He has been playing better but he was not good last nigh. He looks heavy to me and clips dont convince me otherwise.
He bulked up while he was out. He had a bad first half. You must have missed the second half.

I don't think Kawhi's ever really looked like an insane athlete or anything. Even at the peak of his powers, I'd always watch him against the Bucks and be like "Nice, got him to settle for a heavily contested jumper again" and it would go in, or he'd just kinda slowly get to the rim and felt like he was going to be blocked because he didn't elevate much and then it's another easy 2 points for him. He relies more on body control and overall coordination than being a supreme athlete. There will probably be a day where the athleticism slips a little too much and he just can't hack it anymore but he's nowhere near that point right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom