NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 85 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

The guy can't help himself. Hart came into the game with around 4 min left in Q3 on Saturday night and then played the rest of the game.
I'm not even a Knicks fan, but I love/hate Thibs.

Will he make a team better? Yes.

Will he destroy knees in the process? Also yes.

I'm not even a Knicks fan, but I love/hate Thibs.

Will he make a team better? Yes.

Will he destroy knees in the process? Also yes.

I am a Knicks fan and I hate Thibs as a long term coach.

For stabilizing a den of mayhem? All for him.

But the bigger issue is we haven't been able to land a marquee guy even with all the connections our FO has, but at least we are competent.

I like Brunson and Randle and a lot of the young players, but we've ascended from laughingstock to purgatory.

I am a Knicks fan and I hate Thibs as a long term coach.

For stabilizing a den of mayhem? All for him.

But the bigger issue is we haven't been able to land a marquee guy even with all the connections our FO has, but at least we are competent.

I like Brunson and Randle and a lot of the young players, but we've ascended from laughingstock to purgatory.

I have to imagine that two guys that could be traded over the summer would be Towns and AD. Not sure how excited I would be about either but I think the wolves are going to be dying to get some draft picks back after the Gobert trade.

Last edited:
I have to imagine that two guys that could be traded over the summer would be Towns and AD. Not sure how excited I would be about either but I think the wolves are going to be dying to get some draft picks back after the Gobert trade.

Yeah, my worry is that KAT is their marquee target with the CAA connections. And I like KAT, but he's a second tier star at best and maybe even third tier when looking at the talent across the league.

Would I take him? Of course. It's more enjoyable to watch a competitive team than a joke and maybe we can get a bit more out of him.

I would have them go aggressively after AD because at least when he does play, he's a superstar, but he just can't stay healthy.

All this said, I wanted them to go full on getting KD from the Nets, so I'll take any upgrade we can get. They are competitive and with someone like KAT or AD, they should be able to bump up.

I just feel like Boston, Philly, MKE and even CLE are a level up (and I think Boston and MKE are two levels up), but if we are solidly in the 5-8 convo every year, that's fine. Better than what it was. Just wish our owner wasn't using facial recognition to disallow people from going to games, haha.

Yeah, my worry is that KAT is their marquee target with the CAA connections. And I like KAT, but he's a second tier star at best and maybe even third tier when looking at the talent across the league.

Would I take him? Of course. It's more enjoyable to watch a competitive team than a joke and maybe we can get a bit more out of him.

I would have them go aggressively after AD because at least when he does play, he's a superstar, but he just can't stay healthy.

All this said, I wanted them to go full on getting KD from the Nets, so I'll take any upgrade we can get. They are competitive and with someone like KAT or AD, they should be able to bump up.

I just feel like Boston, Philly, MKE and even CLE are a level up (and I think Boston and MKE are two levels up), but if we are solidly in the 5-8 convo every year, that's fine. Better than what it was. Just wish our owner wasn't using facial recognition to disallow people from going to games, haha.
I feel like KAT could fit the Knicks really well because he's the deluxe version of Randle, but also, how much better do the Knicks really get with a better Randle?

I feel like KAT could fit the Knicks really well because he's the deluxe version of Randle, but also, how much better do the Knicks really get with a better Randle?

I think it's what the goal is, right?

Potential second round playoffs each year? That's pretty good if you look back at relatively recent history. Maybe you get feisty and sneak into a conference championship (which, I don't see unless one of the four teams I mentioned falls off in the near future which I guess could happen, especially in Philly with Harden who has already pushed himself out of two previous stops).

Are you even a long shot title contender? Nah. No way.

Again, being a playoff-lock of a team, especially if we can stay in the 5/6 seed terrirory and keep avoiding play in tourney, that's really good. Guess it just depends on what is satisfying to fans/the org.

I think it's what the goal is, right?

Potential second round playoffs each year? That's pretty good if you look back at relatively recent history. Maybe you get feisty and sneak into a conference championship (which, I don't see unless one of the four teams I mentioned falls off in the near future which I guess could happen, especially in Philly with Harden who has already pushed himself out of two previous stops).

Are you even a long shot title contender? Nah. No way.

Again, being a playoff-lock of a team, especially if we can stay in the 5/6 seed terrirory and keep avoiding play in tourney, that's really good. Guess it just depends on what is satisfying to fans/the org.
Yeah I'm not a believer in championship or bust. I think there's a lot to be said for running a competent organization that's a perennial playoff qualifier. The additional games and ticket sales are good business, but winning, even if you're not a title contender, maintains a certain relevance.

Zach lowe on his podcast has mentioned a few times in the last month or so that there are some teams that could end up making some pretty major moves (either having their hand forced by a player or just because they don't think they're moving in the right direction) depending on how the playoffs go this year. Even more recently, he threw out Embiid as a possibility, depending on how the playoffs go for Philly. Not hard reporting or anything like that, but that's definitely a name that caught my attention.

Zach lowe on his podcast has mentioned a few times in the last month or so that there are some teams that could end up making some pretty major moves (either having their hand forced by a player or just because they don't think they're moving in the right direction) depending on how the playoffs go this year. Even more recently, he threw out Embiid as a possibility, depending on how the playoffs go for Philly. Not hard reporting or anything like that, but that's definitely a name that caught my attention.

I would trade our whole team for Embiid.

I would also be tampering right now for Luka.

I would trade our whole team for Embiid.

I would also be tampering right now for Luka.
Luka would be great -but Brunson is All-Star quality and a team leader. Knicks set at PG IMO.
Randle back in All-Star form -if no more bad seasons in-between should be set at the 4.
Josh Hart, in one game, has me convinced he should start at the 2.
IMO the 5 is the Knicks biggest need -Mitch is serviceable, and injury-prone. Embiid -yes!
I like RJ. He has great games -but not consistent/dependable. Therefore need an upgrade at the 4 IMO.
Lots of good talent on the bench is a plus, and good draft picks.
Hoping to exit purgatory LOL!

so did LeBron just break the record and then take a week off? The hell. Get your ass back out there, we need these games.

so did LeBron just break the record and then take a week off? The hell. Get your ass back out there, we need these games.
The Lakers needed LeBron, Bronny, Bryce and Kareem.

Oh, he will.

We know how Thibs do.

The old Thibs is now Nick Nurse of Toronto - he takes it to another level. Look at the league minute leaders (Raptors all over the top 20) and he runs a very aggressive over challenging defence that has his defence run the most floor space in the leauge while on D.

He's a maniac, and its not working in Toronto anymore.

Last edited:
How are the Celtics up on the bucks right now with this lineup? God these guys are fun to watch. So many professionals that seem like they’re having a blast.

Luka has become one of my least favorite players in the league. Can’t play off the ball at all, can’t be hidden on defense, falls all the time for no reason, and cries to the refs after every play.
Counterpoint - he might be the MVP.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom