NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 95 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

Three years ago today. Most bizarre thing I ever witnessed as it unfolded live on TV. Utah Jazz vs OKC game is postponed just prior to tipoff. No one knew why. Then it came out that Rudy Gobert tested positive for COVID. Then starting the next day the world changed that hopefully we never have to revisit.

Three years ago today. Most bizarre thing I ever witnessed as it unfolded live on TV. Utah Jazz vs OKC game is postponed just prior to tipoff. No one knew why. Then it came out that Rudy Gobert tested positive for COVID. Then starting the next day the world changed that hopefully we never have to revisit.

That definitely got everyone's attention.

Fred did not hold back! My wife has mentioned more than once this year that Ben Taylor is the worst ref in the league. Guess she's not the only one with that opinion.

Fred was not doing hyperbole when he mentioned most of his T's were from Taylor. 5 of his 8 Technicals this year happened in games from Taylor.

I was surprised he only got a $30,000 fan - thought he might have deserved a suspension of a game to be honest even if there was some truth.

Most of the frustration came from the night before (Denver) when it was the one or two games each team has a year that they really appeared to get jobbed by bad calls -- or "I am the star" refs.

1679258435686.png

GOODBYE TO THE GREAT WILLIS REED-

Willis Reed, legendary Knicks Hall of Famer, dead at 80

As a 13YO rabid Knicks fan, what Willis did in Game 7 of the 1970 NBA Finals is my most emotional, inspirational, and amazing experience following sports.

After a Game 6 loss, the Knicks faced impending doom without The Captain.
Knicks fans were in despair, dealing with the mystery of whether Willis could go in Game 7.
The pregame drama, waiting and wondering was unbearable.
Not to worry -an amazing memory I will always cherish.

Willis will always be my hero, and role model for the meaning of courage and leadership.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom