NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 96 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

Dont even know where to start with this one other than Pat Bev just taking trolling to a whole new level. He's a cartoon character at this point. But the Bulls are playing much better since he showed up

My buddy pointed out (and he's right) that Luka barely travels here and now I'm mad at him for pointing it out because its an amazing pass

My buddy pointed out (and he's right) that Luka barely travels here and now I'm mad at him for pointing it out because its an amazing pass

This hilarious part is THJ calling for the ball while Hardy is wide open and shooting (and making) the shot.

Mavs need to make some major moves. S+T Kyrie if they can after the season. Use the stretch provision on one of their overpaid guys. Let some others walk.

Big thing is they need to get rid of Kidd and get someone new in.

This hilarious part is THJ calling for the ball while Hardy is wide open and shooting (and making) the shot.

Mavs need to make some major moves. S+T Kyrie if they can after the season. Use the stretch provision on one of their overpaid guys. Let some others walk.

Big thing is they need to get rid of Kidd and get someone new in.
I mean, yeah, when you have an elite talent like Luka and you might not even make the play-in games... coaching is probably an issue.

I mean, yeah, when you have an elite talent like Luka and you might not even make the play-in games... coaching is probably an issue.
It's also just a pretty roster IMO. Luka props it all up but there's just not much talent on that team.

It's also just a pretty roster IMO. Luka props it all up but there's just not much talent on that team.

Their team is such a disaster now; and they were very frisky last year in the playoffs. I guess it's bad to let a borderline all star PG walk for nothing...

Their team is such a disaster now; and they were very frisky last year in the playoffs. I guess it's bad to let a borderline all star PG walk for nothing...
Exactly - whiffing on Brunson has had a ripple effect that is going to be tough to overcome.

I'm excited for Sactown who is SO close to ending this insanely long playoff drought of 16 years. The new longest streak will probably be Charlotte at 7 years (which I hope MJ "takes personally"). Third longest was the Cavs at 4 years which is now over.
Charlotte was at least in the play in game a couple times in recent years.

I'm excited for Sactown who is SO close to ending this insanely long playoff drought of 16 years. The new longest streak will probably be Charlotte at 7 years (which I hope MJ "takes personally"). Third longest was the Cavs at 4 years which is now over.
For as competitive as he was as a player, seems to be laissez faire as an owner. Maybe there's some behind the scenes stuff I don't know.

I think they're at the point now where they need to take a hard look at who they really want on that roster.

They have the potential to clear a heck of a lot of cap space this off-season.

They also need to get rid of Kidd.

You cannot waste Luka's years like this. There is no way that the big market teams aren't already tampering to entice him.

I think they're at the point now where they need to take a hard look at who they really want on that roster.

You cannot waste Luka's years like this. There is no way that the big market teams aren't already tampering to entice him.

The problem for them with that is: to what end? Its not like the free agent class is anything special.

Just looking at it from afar, it seems like the only real path they have is a combination of
1) turning the Kyrie salary/roster spot into a star, either re-signing Kyrie or some kind of a sign and trade or something, and
2) trading whatever future draft capital they can plus salary to add a third star type player.
Keep in mind I am not saying this is a home run plan or anything, it's just the only realistic way I can see forward considering they are definitely on the clock with Luka

All I care about for the Mavs this season is that they hopefully end up being just good enough to not end up in the top 10 of the draft.

The problem for them with that is: to what end? Its not like the free agent class is anything special.

Just looking at it from afar, it seems like the only real path they have is a combination of
1) turning the Kyrie salary/roster spot into a star, either re-signing Kyrie or some kind of a sign and trade or something, and
2) trading whatever future draft capital they can plus salary to add a third star type player.
Keep in mind I am not saying this is a home run plan or anything, it's just the only realistic way I can see forward considering they are definitely on the clock with Luka

They have to s+t Kyrie. Some team will take him. They can get some value back from him for a team that wants to just sell tickets and maybe make the play in.

They should still have their stretch provision.

And besides Kyrie, they have six guys that will be UFAs.

I think Cuban has basically the first 20 games of the 2023-24 season before Lukas agent makes a call to him to trade him.

They don’t need fake superstars (to your point about the FA class), they need solid players and a balanced team and they can be top 4 in the west.

They have to s+t Kyrie. Some team will take him. They can get some value back from him for a team that wants to just sell tickets and maybe make the play in.

They should still have their stretch provision.

And besides Kyrie, they have six guys that will be UFAs.

I think Cuban has basically the first 20 games of the 2023-24 season before Lukas agent makes a call to him to trade him.

They don’t need fake superstars (to your point about the FA class), they need solid players and a balanced team and they can be top 4 in the west.

Or maybe not...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom