NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 93 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

If lazy, uninformed takes are fun, have at it.

1) Asked and answered.
2) Would likely have gone 0-5 without him. The issues with this team existed before Westbrook. Those issues are why they lost. And that’s why they had to make the move.

Most of us didn’t like how Melo was used as a scapegoat in Houston. Let’s not do the same to Westbrook if he doesn’t deserve it.

Ok. I didnt think it would work out for them. You said it would work out better than most expect. I like my side so far. We'll see how it goes

Ok. I didnt think it would work out for them. You said it would work out better than most expect. I like my side so far. We'll see how it goes
Depends on how you look at it, doesn’t it? He’s bought into what the organization wants out of him 100%. That’s more than most expected, isn’t it? He’s playing well, probably better than most expected. The first-team offense is clearly better with him.

On the other hand, if we get into specifics, your analysis was wrong, wasn’t it? Maybe that’s why you’re gloating over a small sample size.

Was looking at the west standings. I know things are so compact, so this will inevitably change, but if the season ended today, you'd have Denver, Golden State, and Phoenix all on the same side of the draw. Plus the Clippers are in the 8 spot, so you could have all 4 of those teams on the same half of the draw. We also aren't that far off from Utah and Minny playing in the play in

Was looking at the west standings. I know things are so compact, so this will inevitably change, but if the season ended today, you'd have Denver, Golden State, and Phoenix all on the same side of the draw. Plus the Clippers are in the 8 spot, so you could have all 4 of those teams on the same half of the draw. We also aren't that far off from Utah and Minny playing in the play in

Obviously the play-in is new but has there ever been a playoff race this bunched together before?

The current 4 seed and 13th in the standings are separated by 5.5 games, compared to 12 games in the East. The Clippers are 2 games back from the 5th seed in one direction and 1.5 games away in the other from missing the playoffs entirely.

Really fun to watch how it all plays out these last few weeks.

Obviously the play-in is new but has there ever been a playoff race this bunched together before?

The current 4 seed and 13th in the standings are separated by 5.5 games, compared to 12 games in the East. The Clippers are 2 games back from the 5th seed in one direction and 1.5 games away in the other from missing the playoffs entirely.

Really fun to watch how it all plays out these last few weeks.

It's also really tough to try and tank for positioning because things are so close, but the 6 seed looks like it could be really attractive. Kangz in round 1, and then the possibility of being away from Denver/Suns/Warriors until the conf finals.

I wasnt sure the easiest way to really check prior years and how bunched the standings were, but in 2008 you had the top 6 teams in the west all between 57 and 54 wins, and the top 8 all between 57 and 50.

Almost on cue, Tatum goes 0-3 with a turnover in OT.

Did have an assist, though

Oy. Behind Thibs

1678073562066.gif

Great back-to-back wins over the Celtics! I still think they could use another center, and another SG or SF, but that's 9 wins in a row. If they stay healthy, I think they might win a first round series.

Great back-to-back wins over the Celtics! I still think they could use another center, and another SG or SF, but that's 9 wins in a row. If they stay healthy, I think they might win a first round series.
I think they win the East

My friend said that Zion “dresses like he’s playing a jealous ex-boyfriend on ‘Living Single’”, and I thought it was too funny not to share.

The top half of his outfit is kind of ok, but those pants! OMG, man.

That is #1 Offense in NBA history KINGS, sir. In all seriousness, I think the Suns finish ahead of the Kings but would not be surprised if Memphis falls below both and the Kings still end up in 3rd. Regardless, I'll take anyone in the first round besides the Warriors. Golden 1 is going to be the loudest arena in the playoffs unless it's vs Golden State. Every game without fail, the place is 50% Warriors fans and the worst ones seem to make it out of the woodwork.

Grizzlies score 51 points in the 3rd quarter!
Another tough one for the Clips at home against the Grizzlies B squad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom