NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 98 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

I can’t believe Wade, Dirk, Pau, and Parker have been retired long enough to get inducted.

What an incredible class though. Man, that was some great basketball when those guys were in their prime IMO. The late 00’s-2016 or so is my favorite era of NBA.

The Western Conference is makin’ like Archie Bell and the Drells & doin’ the Tighten Up. Should be a fun final week of the regular season. Giddy-up.

Last edited:
Heard on the radio today KD is 19-1 in the last 20 games he's played. Has lost 2 games since January. IF he can go PHX cruises in the west.

That GSW / PHX first round match up, if it happens, is a dream match up for the NBA.

Not sure if mentioned yet, but just heard reason Wiggins is out is his father has a heart condition.

I would be really surprised if there's a lockout. (I know, I know, stupid). They've pushed back the opt out date a few times, which I am taking as a good sign. And they're going to sign a massive tv deal within the next few years. I really dont think (hope maybe a better word) they're gonna screw it up

At least I got this one right!

HUGE game between the Lakers and Clippers tonight. They have the same record and the Clippers are currently the 6th seed and the Lakers the 7. Good chance the winner avoids the play-in tourney.

HUGE game between the Lakers and Clippers tonight. They have the same record and the Clippers are currently the 6th seed and the Lakers the 7. Good chance the winner avoids the play-in tourney.
Lakers coming off OT in Salt Lake City last night, Clippers been off for four days. Hope LeBron & AD play.

Only one guarantee: The Lakers will get more free throw attempts.
Aka, George and Kawhi don’t attack like LeBron does, and we don’t have an AD.

Aka, George and Kawhi don’t attack like LeBron does, and we don’t have an AD.
1680718213200.png

Lakers coming off OT in Salt Lake City last night, Clippers been off for four days. Hope LeBron & AD play.
And LBJ played 38 minutes and AD played 42 minutes. Probably not the pre-game plan.

Lakers also gave up ten straight points to the Jazz in the last 1:42 as they almost gave the game away.

Shocking when our two leading scorers are LeBron and Davis, aka not finesse 3 point gunners.

I do have to say, it is kind of a ridiculous FT advantage. Especially since Lebron was out for a lot of the games.

I couldn't do it since the break, so I went back to February, since then, in 39 games (it's crazy the season starts in like the third week of October, and they played just under half their games in Feb/March, the Lakers have taken 782 FT and their opponents 486, they are +296. The Heat are 2nd in that time, they are +122. The difference between the Lakers and Heat is 174 FT, if you take that 174 away from Miami's total of +122 you get a deficit of 52, which is were Memphis is, at 21st in the league. The difference between 1st and 2nd is the same as 2nd and 21st.

I don't know. I dont watch a lot of laker games (I'm too old). Maybe it's all legit. That does kind of push the boundaries for me though. A lot of it is coming from the defense too; they're third in FT attempted in the period, but they're first by a mile in FTA faced, 61 fewer than the Clippers. Maybe it's something about notStaples center

Love to see the Kings make some noise in the post-season.

If the Lake show get Sac town in round one you know Silver will be digging up the Dick Bevatta rules.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom