NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 99 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

I do have to say, it is kind of a ridiculous FT advantage. Especially since Lebron was out for a lot of the games.

I couldn't do it since the break, so I went back to February, since then, in 39 games (it's crazy the season starts in like the third week of October, and they played just under half their games in Feb/March, the Lakers have taken 782 FT and their opponents 486, they are +296. The Heat are 2nd in that time, they are +122. The difference between the Lakers and Heat is 174 FT, if you take that 174 away from Miami's total of +122 you get a deficit of 52, which is were Memphis is, at 21st in the league. The difference between 1st and 2nd is the same as 2nd and 21st.

I don't know. I dont watch a lot of laker games (I'm too old). Maybe it's all legit. That does kind of push the boundaries for me though. A lot of it is coming from the defense too; they're third in FT attempted in the period, but they're first by a mile in FTA faced, 61 fewer than the Clippers. Maybe it's something about notStaples center
The Lakers get all kinds of advantages from the league, the free throw disparity being one of them.

The Lakers get all kinds of advantages from the league, the free throw disparity being one of them.
The vetoed Chris Paul trade being another!

Looks like the Bulls are locked into the 10th seed and will be play Toronto on the road in the play-in game.

The loser should have to eat Sbarros.
The Office Pizza GIF by Danny Chang

Looks like the Bulls are locked into the 10th seed and will be play Toronto on the road in the play-in game.
Toronto still has a slim chance to pass Atlanta for a chance at the 7 seed game but with their two remaining games against the Bucks and Celtics, probably not.

Toronto still has a slim chance to pass Atlanta for a chance at the 7 seed game but with their two remaining games against the Bucks and Celtics, probably not.
Watched the end of the Celtics Toronto game last night. Good to see the celts grind out that win.

My prediction: a Celtics/Suns Finals with the Suns winning 4-2.

And I say this as someone who really doesn't like Chris Paul. Phoenix just has a "UConn vibe" to me right now where they're clicking at just the right time.

It hasn't been many games but they're 6-0 with Durant.

Also Durant is 22-1 in the last 23 games he;s played in

It hasn't been many games but they're 6-0 with Durant.

Also Durant is 22-1 in the last 23 games he;s played in
That is completely insane. The only thing that can defeat him is a pregame warmup line, apparently.

What the heck was Dallas doing?

Edit - so it appears this was a late season tank job so they wouldn’t give up the protected pick.

Last edited:
And then on the other hand you have an owner like Reinsdorf who is content collecting that playoff revenue by again... prioritizing "win" and push to make the playoffs to collect that extra cash. Ultimately had they continued to try to tank the season they would have had 35% to 42% odds to win the NBA lottery. Now they'll have at best a 8 to 14% chance. They only get to keep their pick if it lands in the top 4. Reinsdorf's priority is being competitive, making the playoffs, and selling tickets every season. Other teams have adapted to the new NBA where you spend to win or tank until you get a star. He refuses to do either, so Bulls fans are stuck with a team being okay to good but definitely not good enough to win it all.

And then on the other hand you have an owner like Reinsdorf who is content collecting that playoff revenue by again... prioritizing "win" and push to make the playoffs to collect that extra cash. Ultimately had they continued to try to tank the season they would have had 35% to 42% odds to win the NBA lottery. Now they'll have at best a 8 to 14% chance. They only get to keep their pick if it lands in the top 4. Reinsdorf's priority is being competitive, making the playoffs, and selling tickets every season. Other teams have adapted to the new NBA where you spend to win or tank until you get a star. He refuses to do either, so Bulls fans are stuck with a team being okay to good but definitely not good enough to win it all.
I have no problem with this approach.

I have no problem with this approach.
Jazz fan, right?

Reinsdorf is a baseball guy (White Sox) who added the Bulls many, many years ago.. and lucked into MJ. He is pretty hands off with the Bulls, doesn't want to pay the luxury tax for them, and just fills his pockets. Jerry Reinsdorf is one of (if not) the worst owners.

Last edited:
Jazz fan, right?

Reinsdorf is a baseball guy (White Sox) who added the Bulls many, many years ago.. and lucked into MJ. He is pretty hands off with the Bulls, doesn't want to pay the luxury tax for them, and just fills his pockets. Jerry Reinsdorf is one of (if not) the worst owners.
I'm most familiar with the Jazz because they're local to me.

I'm more of an NBA fan than a fan of any one team.

Is this really true? They’re like $30 mil over the cap and sent out a lot of draft picks trying to go all in. They just foolishly went all in with a team not nearly good enough to win a title.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom